• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPS37 said:
I'm glad there won't be a CE. After last year, I don't want to be tempted to spend any more extra money on games.
Maybe the main game will still be full of extras a la Uncharted. The extras in that game are awesome.

I was disappointed because I was prepared to set aside extra money if one had been announced. I do see what you mean, though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Alias03 said:
I can see where your coming from in a certain way, but you almost have to expect the replies you receive if you continuously kick somebody when their down. Now what I thought you said wasn't all that harmful but it seems to me through out this thread you've been less than stellar when it comes to making you point in a positive or non confrontational way. It's obvious that may people were expecting/excited for a possible LE and if you come in saying in a round about way your glad its not coming. People are bound to get sensitive.
"I'm glad it's not coming" is just me rationalizing a bad situation, it was verbal fluff honestly, I didn't think twice. I'm indifferent. My post could have read: "oh well, I don't care anyway, LEs suck", the wording wasn't great, but in my defense, I'm sitting on a train at the moment, waiting for someone, my mind is elsewhere.

Schrade said:
Because you are predictable. You're like that K-Fedish guy who used to work for 1UP (Shawn Elliot). Always trying to be devil's advocate just to stir things up.
There was nothing devil's advocate-ish about what I said. No need to be on the offensive champ, it's a little bit odd.

But by all means, continue with the (somewhat justified, don't get me wrong) moaning. Glass is half full thinking seems to be strictly prohibited.

Zen

Banned
Rez>You said:
LEs are over rated, the money put into making a limited edition could be much better spent.

And hey, if they do have a making of film or something, maybe they'll release it for free rather than making the fans pay a premium.

Props to whoever it was that decided against the LE at Sony/GG.

But think of the profit margin!

roMonster

Damn, and I was hoping for them them announcing a Helghast (or Radec) bobblehead.

I don't usually buy LE anyway I just wonder how this news will effect weather or not they release the soundtrack.

Alias03

roMonster said:
Damn, and I was hoping for them them announcing a Helghast (or Radec) bobblehead.

I don't usually buy LE anyway I just wonder how this news will effect weather or not they release the soundtrack.

More than anything I just wanted a damn art book. I love the art in this game and its a shame we may never get to see some of the sure to be amazing concept art. Although a soundtrack would be very nice as well... :D

Wow, no CE sucks, but I will live! The new media for this game is so amazing! The MP Beta was fantastic, and I had a blast playing with everyone from the NGAF clan! I can't wait to lace um with you guys on the 27th!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I hope things like Limited Editions are not decided based upon the preorder amounts, because that wouldn't spell a good picture for the game's sales. Looking on the internets alone, this game has 10x more hype going for it than Resistance 2 had, and yet that game got LE for some reason. Even funnier seeing how first KZ got LE in Europe, but the sequel despite being legitimately infinitely better game - won't.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
People were holding off pre-orders for a CE or LE. I know I was.
I'm still waiting for the last moment to pre-order though.

Enojado

Fuck. :( :(

I mean, damn, I was really looking forward to getting the CE of this game. I don't know how much is involved in getting one out the door, but I'd be curious to know how much of a CE's content is on the shoulders of the studio developing the game.

For example, most CEs seem to come with an extra disc containing behind the scenes videos, etc. So, assuming GG would follow that formula, who would handle the majority of the responsibility of making those videos? Sony? GG? Both? And is it really that time consuming and demanding to put one out? Didn't Sony supposedly claim that KZ2 was never delayed (ie, release date pushed back from late 08 to Feb. 09)? Assuming that's true, then how was there not enough time to put one together?

Sigh, this is actually upsetting me b/c I have followed this game since 2005. I know it may seem stupid, but it's almost as if I'm emotionally invested in this game and a CE would really cap off the journey.

Tempy, I don't know if you can comment on why there is no CE, but if you could I know a lot of us would appreciate it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Enojado said:
And is it really that time consuming and demanding to put one out? Didn't Sony supposedly claim that KZ2 was never delayed (ie, release date pushed back from late 08 to Feb. 09)?
Tempy, I don't know if you can comment on why there is no CE, but if you could I know a lot of us would appreciate it.
I could of sworn they said they did purposefully delay it. I'm pretty sure the final build was complete before 2009.

DoomGyver

Enojado

Azzwanker said:
Is it confirmed that there will be no CE/LE?

Ummm, didn't you see the recent post linking to the playstation blog where it is confirmed there is no CE? Or are you looking for some other type of confirmation?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Strike said:
Dammit, Sony. They're still not getting it. I still can't believe how little they marketed their holiday lineup.
Really, just mass print the art book stuff reviews copies got, toss in a bandana or little figure, and a black or tin box or something. :[
TAKE MY MONEY

amar212

Just writing this because I've actually checked the number of times I've died in SP - and it is not 500, but 227. Sorry guys for misleading here.

However, I really had a feeling it was 500, because in some sections I was just dying over and over again.

Once more I appologise to anyone who was eventualy misslead in any way with my previos death-tol information.

It's 227 on Extreme, with some previous knowledge of preview code on Normal - which probably saved me some dozens of extra deaths.

amar212 said:
Just writing this because I've actually checked the number of times I've died in SP - and it is not 500, but 227. Sorry guys for misleading here.

However, I really had a feeling it was 500, because in some sections I was just dying over and over again.

Once more I appologise to anyone who was eventualy misslead in any way with my previos death-tol information.

It's 227 on Extreme, with some previous knowledge of preview code on Normal - which probably saved me some dozens of extra deaths.
so is it a satisfying game, or frustrating one in your opinion?

amar212

Always-honest said:
so is it a satisfying game, or frustrating one in your opinion?

Despite being killed so many times, I was not frustrated a single minute. I knew I have to go forward and push it untill I pass.

Satisifying one 110%. Going through on Elite will be something, but I'll wait for the actual code for that, not this review one.

Killzone 2 on Elite will become a new Contra in some wierd way.

amar212 said:
Despite being killed so many times, I was not frustrated a single minute. I knew I have to go forward and push it untill I pass.

Satisifying one 110%.

Going through on Elite will be something, but I'll wait for the actual code for that, not this review one. Killzone 2 on Elite will become a new Contra, especially the last section of the very last chapter, beleive.

nice. elite might be a bit (way) above my head, but i'm starting on hard

I really wanted a CE for Killzone. But I dont know how profitable it is to make one and since they decided to skip it I´m guissing not very.

Atleast I have my R2 CE.

Elite hard like Contra? o_O Thats sound awesome (and scary) but I doubt it. It may be hard as in near damn impossible, but that is still not even close to Contra hard.
Contra-hard is trying to play Rock Band, all instruments, alone, on expert.

amar212 said:

Satisifying one 110%. Going through on Elite will be something, but I'll wait for the actual code for that, not this review one.

Killzone 2 on Elite will become a new Contra in some wierd way.

Not that I am doubting on your FPS abilities, but could you give us an estimate of your playtimes and number of deaths for other games like Call of Duty 4, Resistance 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4? Oh, and also how long did it take you to finish Killzone 2?

I'm not that great at shooters, so after seeing your post (contra? Holy crap), instead of starting at veteran, i'll probably start the first playthrough on easy :lol

Stillmatic

A CE with an art book, soundtrack and 'making of' following the games progression from E3 05 would've been amazing. I would absolutely love to watch something like that for this game. :(

The metal tin cover will have to do.
Along with an awesome fucking game!

icechai

iamcool388 said:
Not that I am doubting on your FPS abilities, but could you give us an estimate of your playtimes and number of deaths for other games like Call of Duty 4, Resistance 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4? Oh, and also how long did it take you to finish Killzone 2?

I'm not that great at shooters, so after seeing your post (contra? Holy crap), instead of starting at veteran, i'll probably start the first playthrough on easy :lol

there's no shame in enjoying your first playthrough in easy, all the better to gawk at the scenery :)

EazyB

Banned
icechai said:
there's no shame in enjoying your first playthrough in easy, all the better to gawk at the scenery :)
I've always been of the opinion that it's best to challenge yourself the first time through; especially with heavily scripted games. The challenge adds a whole lot to the experience and almost always enhanced the intensity. The first playthrough is also a unique experience in that the scripted events, unique encounters, and setpiece arenas are new, more impressive and obviously more surprising. When you couple these two things into a single playthrough you get very memorable moments.

I remember first encountering the flood in Halo CE; it's memorable for me because it was surprising and I was scared to shit of them because they'd take my ass out if I wasn't careful. It would have been a shame if that experience was muddied by a lack of challenge and sense of risk.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should play it but it's just something to keep in mind. I'll probably start KZ2 on the difficulty above default.

Nizz

I wonder what are the chances Walmart will get this game in exactly on the 27th? As much as I'd like to pre-order the game, I have a $10.00 gift card from Walmart, and I want to use it towards the purchase of this game. I'm hoping to be working by the time it comes out, but worst case scenario, I'll just use the gift card to help me out...

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I will probably play the game on Hard in my first play through, then try it again on Elite.

Hard will just allow me to enjoy the environments and atmosphere, whilst elite will really test me.

It should be fun.

There are 5 difficulty levels are there not?

amar212

iamcool388 said:

As for FPS, let's just say I've did almost double Prestige 10 on COD4 with some pretty good statistics. However, never buggered with SP really, because I was focused on MP at the time.

I've played KZ2 first on preview code on Normal (first 6 chapters), but after I got review I decided to go on Expert and I didn't regret it.

After I've finished game on Expert (227 deaths as I said), I started on Elite. Let's just say that it becomes very difficult compared to Expert - and that final section of the final chapter (as well as chapters 7 and 9) will probably prove my "Contra" point above, despite I'm totally aware whet was Contra, so I've said "Like Contra in some wierd way".

In-game statistics says it took me something like 12 hours of gameplay to reach the ending movie at the Expert, but it seemed much longer to me. Maybe counters and stuff is not plished yet, so take this with the grain of holdback.

west

Stillmatic said:
A CE with an art book, soundtrack and 'making of' following the games progression from E3 05 would've been amazing. I would absolutely love to watch something like that for this game. :(

The metal tin cover will have to do.
Along with an awesome fucking game!

Things like "making of" - videos should be in the basic game in my oppinion. There is ample space on the bluray for things like that. I really hate when CE:s have turned stuff like this into some kind of luxury. Stop gimping the basic game to make the CE look better dammit! :D

Good collectors editions are really rare. I really don't want cheap ugly plastic figurines.

amar212 said:
As for FPS, let's just say I've did almost double Prestige 10 on COD4 with some pretty good statistics. However, never buggered with SP really, because I was focused on MP at the time.

I've played KZ2 first on preview code on Normal (first 6 chapters), but after I got review I decided to go on Expert and I didn't regret it.

After I've finished game on Expert (227 deaths as I said), I started on Elite. Let's just say that it becomes very difficult compared to Expert - and that final section of the final chapter (as well as chapters 7 and 9) will probably prove my "Contra" point above, despite I'm totally aware whet was Contra, so I've said "Like Contra in some wierd way".

In-game statistics says it took me something like 12 hours of gameplay to reach the ending movie at the Expert, but it seemed much longer to me. Maybe counters and stuff is not plished yet, so take this with the grain of holdback.

Thanks! I think i'll stick with veteran, and if it gets too impossible, then i'll move back to easy. I foresee lots of games with bots in all the maps to learn them before moving on to MP... Dont need to spend the first 10 games wondering "Where the fuck is FFObsessed shooting me from!!" :lol

alba

Little is the new Big
RockmanWhore said:
If the elite mode is as hard as amar212 say, I'm even more hyped. I liked my FPS to be very, very challenging in the hardest modes :D

Agreed, the harder the better ;)

DeZimatoR

Banned
Man, no CE sucks :( I had it for KZ 1 and was looking forward to getting it this time too. I was itching for an artbook and a Helghast propaganda poster...ah well. Guess Sony doesn't want some extra €'s. :lol

BTW, that IGN vid is awesome, and I love that gif where a Helghast is shot down by Garza, the player throws a grenade and it sends the hig's dead body flying. Ragdoll FTW!

Oh, and I just came across a very fanboyish but really funny gif:

15ex1th.jpg

:p

Pug

Fanboyish it maybe, finny it isn't. I must admit I can't wait for this game. I went to the Eurogamer event late last year I managed to get 30 minutes on KZ2, Enjoyed every minute of it.

DeZimatoR

Banned
^ Yeah, the Portuguese one is identical. That extra disc had some 'sweet making of' stuff.

BTW, can someone GIF the part where a Helghast rolls to evade a sniper shot at around 3:56 in the IGN video? Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom