• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
AyuFanatic86 said:
Finished reading the last 3 pages....you guys....erm....you´re behaving as if it´s E3 and new awsome games were announced...

These are damn scores, sigh....omg, this industry will never grow up. Lol @ people that try to raise the aspect of games being art. Behaviour like in this thread destroys any chance for that.

Anyway, nice scores, hope the game is really that great.

Why cant games be art? ICO, SotC, Okami, Katamari... people have made the case of them being art all the time. I'd even put MGS2 with them.

lupinko

Stench said:
What kind of a fucking loser would you have to be to say something like that?

Jesus Christ.

andrea3.jpg

KZObsessed

HOW DEM HAPPLES TASTE!!?!?

Those Gamersyde vids are just WOW. The game looks like it plays sooo much better on Veteran, much more challenging, A.I. looked amazing on the Corinth River level.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stench said:

Jesus Christ.
But you gotta admit that part is pretty good >.>

dallow_bg

nods at old men
iamcool388 said:
Why cant games be art? ICO, SotC, Okami, Katamari... people have made the case of them being art all the time. I'd even put MGS2 with them.
That's not what he's saying, but he's a douche all the same.

Basically, we shouldn't be happy for good reviews because that lessens our argument that games can be art is all.

Synless

k79 said:
Goddamn this thread is picking up steam again ... need to read the last 3 pages or so.

Anyhows ... gif-whoring people!!!

2daaeiw.gif

INSANE! that's a theater of war alright oO

editZorz : Wow @ EG review :D
Lolz look at teh 9.5 graphics!!!!!!!!! I hate reviewers I think they rate shit low just to get people riled up sometimes.

Lince

Banned
Stench said:

Jesus Christ.

it was a hype comment and some late respect for the old man's hardware designs, why the personal attack ?? I've never ever insulted or offended anyone here, oh well, I'll just pretend you're having a bad day.

Awesome reviews all around. Job well done, GG!

Can't wait for KZ3.

El-Suave said:
So, did Guerillla take the experts at IGN AU up on their five quick fixes to the game?

IGN AU's review was awful.

The lasting appeal of an 8.0 is just perplexing. The multiplayer component is so incredibly strong that you will be playing this game for months, if not years, on the PS3 AND IT MOST CERTAINLY IS THE BEST MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER ON THE SYSTEM.

Different opinions and all that, but that whole review just seemed really terrible to me and didn't jive with my thoughts of the beta.

I also found it weird that a massive disappointment like R2 scored higher on both sites. Doesn't really make much sense to me given how much better KZ2 is. I realize that scores are by different people and all that, but maybe Guerilla Games should have released the game to the press a few days before the review embargo was up. Seemed to work for R2's inflated (imho) scores. KZ2 is a much more polished game, but strictly reading IGN's scores, you wouldn't know that.

lupinko

Immortal_Daemon said:
While I disagree with IGN's review of the graphics, I can at least see where they are coming from.

It's readily apparent in this GIF, for example.

Look at the dust being knocked around by the aircraft lifting off. Then, when it reaches a certain distance, the dust suddenly vanishes, and it makes the whole thing look completely fake.

If that kind of thing is prevalent throughout the game, I can see why IGN wouldn't give the game a 10 in the graphics department.

That being said, though, the game is still quite gorgeous, and logically it should have scored higher than nearly any other game this gen, in terms of graphics.

Buubububuubuubuut IGN gave GTA4 a 10 for gwafix. :lol

Don't even get me started with their Uncharted one, "best graphics I've ever seen" then gave it either an 8 or maybe a 9. :lol

Dante

FFObsessed said:
HOW DEM HAPPLES TASTE!!?!?

Those Gamersyde vids are just WOW. The game looks like it plays sooo much better on Veteran, much more challenging, A.I. looked amazing on the Corinth River level.

2nau1lg.jpg

How you like Dem Happles?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lince said:
it was a hype comment and some late respect for the old man's hardware designs, why the personal attack ??
Stench is clearly not used to KZ2 threads, don't worry.

Synless said:
Lolz look at teh 9.5 graphics!!!!!!!!! I hate reviewers I think they rate shit low just to get people riled up sometimes.

:lol

Agree...If a game on the console market ever deserved a 10 for graphics is killzone 2 period,the graphics are so great that i don't know how can any reviewer dare to put something other than 10,in that one is pure bullsh**.

FirewalkR

k79 said:
Goddamn this thread is picking up steam again ... need to read the last 3 pages or so.

Anyhows ... gif-whoring people!!!

2daaeiw.gif

INSANE! that's a theater of war alright oO

editZorz : Wow @ EG review :D

That's just fucking amazing. Quite the upgrade since 2007.

Oh, and yeah, Graphics not getting a 10 is LOL-FUCKING-worthy.

From all the video footage I've seen, whatever 'technical issues' exist are really fucking minor.

alba

Little is the new Big
Private Hoffman said:

From all the video footage I've seen, whatever 'technical issues' exist are really fucking minor.

I bet ign did it on purpose just for the lulz, they're most likely ISA!

Cruzader

Banned
hitlerat said:
So...
IGN review...
MGS4, GTA4, GOW2, COD4 got 10 for graphics....
And KZ2 got only 9.5?

Come on...

Seriously now. Even the sound I believe is uncompressed 7.1 yet a 9 on that too?! Fucking hell. If KZ2 had that "only on X360" BS, I bet the scores would of been 10.

DexterXS

Private Hoffman said:

Yeah seriously, they're really pushing it with that gripe.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If the multiplayer can equal or match the zen of the Battlefield games on a console with these graphics, I am going to be a very happy man. Based on the reviews, it sounds like the chances are pretty good. Now, hopefully mic usage will not make or break this game because I still think the potpourri of microphones at use on the PSN make some games an exercise in feedback tolerance.

Stench

Banned
Lince said:
it was a hype comment and some late respect for the old man's hardware designs, why the personal attack ?? I've never ever insulted or offended anyone here, oh well, I'll just pretend you're having a bad day.
So proposing to suck someone's dick is considered an innocent method of showing respect?

That was one of the most absurd and pathetic things I have ever seen someone say at GAF before, and it can get pretty pathetic here.

And no, Seiken, this isn't because I'm a KZ2 hater. KZ2 is my most anticipated game this generation - I can't fucking wait for it. So put down the fanboy shield, because I'm not attacking the hive.

Purple Drank

I'mma grip n sip
I think Halo 4 and KZ 3 will have the biggest knock-down, drag-out fight in Nov. 2010. It will be the biggest FPS faceoff, maybe the biggest videogame face-off of all time. I have a feeling Bungie took the "weak graphics" this personally. Didn't they hire Corinne Yu or some graphic/programming savant?

And how much more can GG squeeze out of the PS3? It's already incredible. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom