• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Iain Howe said:
There has been extensive work on the dialog and voice acting.

That's good to hear. It was the only negative caveat i previously had for what i had seen of the game, I mean come on "I can't feel my nuts"? "Pucker up that asshole"? What professional soldier is that....Unprofessional in the middle of the battlefield?

:lol :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Iain Howe said:
Can't you get a job reviewing games? The number of times it's been suggested that the team need to 'make it work just like COD' is brain numbing.

Poor guys. @_@
After K2 is released, every team developing a FPS are gonna be told : 'Make it just like K2' :lol

PseudoZ said:
The codes going to be sharable? Maybe if one of us gets is we can share.

That would be nice.

I would certainly try, anyone tried this?

Acid08 said:
Yup yup. I said ZoE3 for my game. That was probably a very common answer :(.

Answer doesn't matter I don't think, just random.

PseudoZ

Neo Member
MvmntInGrn said:
That would be nice.

I would certainly try, anyone tried this?

I THINK the codes have been sharable. I came close to having two people share with me but they didn't want to share details with a stranger.

If I get a code I'll create a new account so I can share with people.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
The codes are locked to a single PS3, if I remember correctly.

Code sharing WOULD constitute a breach of the NDA and there are some quite horrific things they can do to you, if they catch you.

PseudoZ

Neo Member
Iain Howe said:
The codes are locked to a single PS3, if I remember correctly.

Code sharing WOULD constitute a breach of the NDA and there are some quite horrific things they can do to you, if they catch you.

Aww, okay then. Thanks for clearing it up.

Ceb said:
They're just expecting the controls to feel like something they're not. There's nothing wrong with them at all - complaints about the controls being "floaty" are missing the point completely. I'd call the controls in a game like Resistance 2 "floaty", since it feels like you're a camera on a stick. Same things goes for Half-Life 2, for example.

Killzone 2 feels "heavy" and very tight, and it's supposed to be that way. People coming from other shooters will just have to adapt. I'm very, very picky about my FPS controls and I didn't even have to adjust the sensitivity settings any - to me it feels perfect the way it is.

Kittonwy has mentioned the natural jumping/vaulting. It might seem like a minor detail, but they really got that aspect nailed down amazingly well.

I'd say most FPS have a floaty feel because they have no sense of weight to them. It's actually rather amazing to me that the genre encourages controls like that over controls that give you a sense of actually controlling a character. Weightless controls in third person games are seen as a big negative.

alterno69

Banned
About the controls, i think the game controls great, like i said in my first impressions a couple fo pages back the characters feel like they're actually walkin, jumping, turning, aiming and not like you're handling a camera dolly.

Most FPS feel like you're playing through this

CAMELEON.GIF

Killzone feels like your playing through this

6751p1.jpg

Really, it actually feels like you're controlling something with 2 feet, arms, hands, weight, something with momemtum.

Esch

Banned
alterno69 said:
About the controls, i think the game controls great, like i said in my first impressions a couple fo pages back the characters feel like they're actually walkin, jumping, turning, aiming and not like you're handling a camera dolly.

Really, it actually feels like you're controlling something with 2 feet, arms, hands, weight, something with momemtum.

Sooo true.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BeeDog said:
So wait, are you all waiting/competing for beta keys when the beta finishes in 4 days anyway?
I'm just extremely curious to see what this looks/plays like in person. I always try to keep my hype in check and a lot of the comments in here are getting me very pumped. I want to see if I should be as excited as some in here are.

G-Bus

Banned
Epix said:
How do you apply for a gamedaily code?

Contest was over at 2PM EST. You had to e-mail them with a name of a PS2 hit you would like to see on PS3.

Dante said:
Weren't the winning codes supposed to go out an hour ago?

Not sure about that. I wouldn't expect them for a couple more hours yet. I'm sure they had a lot of e-mails to go through.

DunpealD

Rapping Granny said:
I picked Okami, TimeSplitters and Dark Cloud.

You do know that if your e-mail addresses are too similar you could get disqualified, don't you?

Anyway picked ZoE. If I get the code I'll give it to BruceLeeRoy.

Dante

InterMoniker said:
Dammit why didn't I think of doing that! :lol
Now that the contest is over I picked SSX.

They said on their site multiple entries would disqualify you. Not sure how adequate they are at checking that :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Dante said:
They said on their site multiple entries would disqualify you. Not sure how adequate they are at checking that :p
I'm pretty sure it's multiple entries from the same email address. They did a very poor job of detailing the rules on the site, they didn't even say what to put in the subject line of the email.

PseudoZ

Neo Member
....so the LOLcats winner is nothing special. Surely there were better submissions than that. My "Angry Helcatzt" line is better than that.

Az

Sometimes I feel is like Sony knows who really wants the game badly and doesn't send them codes, because they know you'll get it anyway. Then the ones that are like "ahh I dont care boutz the KZ2" get the code. Aghhhhhhhh I would be happy to get it on the last day.

dfyb

Banned
only had time to submit for one contest before i had to go to class...

is clicking 'reply' with that curved arrow different from DM? i didn't see anything that said DM or direct message... =/

i submitted these two (old anigifs i made when real-time KZ2 was being unveiled), but if i did indeed DM correctly, they might have somehow thought it wasn't a photoshop...

starwarsisnowkillzone.gif

kidkillzone.gif

this awful chop won -- http://i37.tinypic.com/qsl000.jpg

edit: oh, now i see direct message. but i can't seem to send to people who aren't following me...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
more maybe coming.
Hey guys -- thanks for participating in our giveaway, we will have more coming up for the holidays
while not amazing, my shop was surely better than the winner.
245bol5.jpg

Fizzle

PseudoZ said:
Nothing here. I want in to this so bad it's disgusting.

Disgusting?

Surely it'd be worse if you actually get it though?

Are you really gonna clean it up everyday?

Surely the mess is enough as it is?

Are you really thinking of making that kind of trade-off?

You might have to bring in a MAID at times........A MAID, are you really gonna sacrifice your pocket money on MAIDS,... when you could be playing VALKYRIA PWNZ CHRONCIROX much sooner then you'd hoped as it's eating your money away every so often?

DO YOU REALLY WANNA DO THAT?

I've accepted many beta's before this way, it's for the good of not just you my friend, the good of your hygene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom