• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Re-Emergence Thread May 2008 - HD gameplay footage up

careksims

BruceLeeRoy said:
The explosion at the end of the trailer just blows my mind.

killzone-bridge.gif

*faints* can't wait for the 15 min vid!

WinFonda

No Means Nomad said:
Because they come from teams with a fantastic pedigree and have established themselves as part of the uppermost echelon of shooters?
I actually wasn't hyped for Call of Duty 4 at all--until it was shown--thanks in part to it's awesome graphics and modern setting. The reason: I played a short 30 minutes of Call of Duty 2 and never played it again. So you can take your perceived developer pedigree and upper echelon bullshit and toss it out the window.

Hype moves in mysterious ways, and graphics are as good a reason as any to be excited for something when we're all merely observers, without any way to actually interface with the things we see.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Seriously though... anybody just seeing from that .gif, would you think that was the target render? It looks on a whole other level over the E3 trailer from summer.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I will play this. Then I will determine if I like it or not. =)

You know, I should have picked up Killzone during the GS sale. Darn it. =(

Dever

Banned
msdstc said:
Seriously though... anybody just seeing from that .gif, would you think that was the target render? It looks on a whole other level over the E3 trailer from summer.

Yeah, definitely... But I doubt it will have the same effect in HD. I really doubt those graphics can be done this gen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Dever said:
Yeah, definitely... But I doubt it will have the same effect in HD. I really doubt those graphics can be done this gen.

Yeah I agree I don't think it'll 100% match it... but it came so much closer than I ever imagined. Even people claiming the E3 one met the render I never thought so, especially because of the explosions, but this one is A LOT closer... and there are 9 months left to add a few effects here and there. If that guy was Rico in the opening, he looks leagues better than he did at e3.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Is there a forum on the internet that's not filled with whiny ass, diarrhea of the mouth infected, brain cell lacking assholes?

Seriously stop being so negative. Maybe I am getting the few getting to me over the masses, but there's so much good info on this site that's ruined by ignorant air wasters.

BeeDog

Thunderbear said:
Is there a forum on the internet that's not filled with whiny ass, diarrhea of the mouth infected, brain cell lacking assholes?

Seriously stop being so negative. Maybe I am getting the few getting to me over the masses, but there's so much good info on this site that's ruined by ignorant air wasters.

Indeed, way too much negativity lately, regardless of what topic is discussed.

Tieno

~Devil Trigger~ said:
:lol
im sorry but is CoD4 the only FPS people have ever played? cuz everything has a CoD4 vibe now
You're responding like that's a bad thing. I don't mind scripted events, it can be really awesome, like in COD4. I'd just like (better) AI for enemies too, if it has that, even better.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Thunderbear said:

I feel the same... I didn't get how ANYBODY could be negative about this trailer. Absolutley blew me away at least. I mean I understand if someone were like "yeah it looks alright", but people come in saying " I don't get the hype... it doesn't look good... nobody cares anymore" I miss the original reveal thread :(.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
:lol
im sorry but is CoD4 the only FPS people have ever played? cuz everything has a CoD4 vibe now

COD4 is the game it looks the most like - from the angles, smooth movement, environmental chaos done well, etc.

Its a compliment too.

Tieno

NullPointer said:
COD4 is the game it looks the most like - from the angles, smooth movement, environmental chaos done well, etc.

Its a compliment too.
Yep, except that it all looks even smoother. COD4 does chaos really well (jesus christ, my 5.1!) and this trailer shows really cool chaotic 'war' gameplay.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
killzone-bridge.gif

Holy shit, that's the bridge that gets destroyed in the E3 2005 trailer.

Nooreo

Seiken said:
killzone-bridge.gif

Holy shit, that's the bridge that gets destroyed in the E3 2005 trailer.
Wait thats a bridge getting destroyed i thought it was some vehicle, Now that i see it
*faints*

Nooreo

Firewire said:
Thread needs more .gifs!
Im saving a .gif ive been wating to use for when something totally epic happens

just waiting for the 15 min gameplay and ill upload it :D. its the FUUUUUK.gif remixed :D

Nooreo said:
Im saving a .gif ive been wating to use for when something totally epic happens

just waiting for the 15 min gameplay and ill upload it :D. its the FUUUUUK.gif remixed :D

Do crazy kermit.gif

kthnxbai

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Look at the way how his right hand reacts to the explosion. :O

Just noticed that... do you think that was scripted? If not that's ridiculous how realistic it is. I wonder if it'll happen with all explosions... i know it sounds so simple, but actually reacting to explosions and stuff is just something that happens too little in games.

Cruzader

Banned
Guys WTFFF!!! that link for the video on the OP dont work!!!!!!!!!!

It just takes me to gamevideos and i see no KZ2 vids!!!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET BABY JESUS GIVE ME A DIRECT LINK!!!!!!!

Ploid 3.0

Was another link to the trailer posted? The one in the op don't seem to work. It seems like Gamevideos took it down.

Raistlin

TheRagnCajun said:
I agree. One has to seriously question Guerilla's approach here. I know its unfair to compare studios to Insomniac, but 3 games! This has either gotta be the best game ever, or they're working at a snail's pace over there.

What they are trying to accomplish is quite a bit bigger than the average game. The tech end if going to take a while.

However, they will then have an engine and toolset available to make their next game much quicker.

Its a different methodology than what Insomniac did. They created a game and have been evolving the engine with each release. Guerilla is trying to get the engine to a crazy level for their first release.

Dever

Banned
Cruzader said:
Guys WTFFF!!! that link for the video on the OP dont work!!!!!!!!!!

It just takes me to gamevideos and i see no KZ2 vids!!!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET BABY JESUS GIVE ME A DIRECT LINK!!!!!!!

Apparently it's taken down. Eh, the video and sound quality was ass anyways. You'll do fine just watching the .gifs until there's an HD version available.

Raistlin

Awntawn said:

E3 demo wasn't at a locked framerate, and yes, was actually 60fps part of the time.

It seems ridiculous, but its true. Final version will be locked to 30fps though (and hopefully with little slowdown).

kairu said:
i really like the lighting. mmm.

I'd hope so :p It's technically the most impressive out there, and is the basis of their engine.

Nooreo said:
Wait thats a bridge getting destroyed i thought it was some vehicle, Now that i see it
*faints*

Heh, just had the same double take. That would certainly be a more destructible environment than I was expecting. Direct feed plz.

Cruzader

Banned
ok thanx for Link.

Also im not sure but i wasnt too impressed like the E307 vid but i think it has to do with shitty quality and out-of-sync audio too.

Wollan

Going to bed guys so the OP won't be updated for the next hours so please search this thread until I get back.

Jim

Really loving the big, weighty look and feel of everything going on in the game. Big guns, big vehicles, big characters/enemies, big explosions.

Everything has "oomph", kinda like Gears of War.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Feb 2009 ?

A tactical delay maybe ?, considering both these titles were paired together at the conference today as two very big FPS titles releasing them at the same time could be a bad move, this winter we've got Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 and Little Big Planet all coming out very near to each other, I certainly wouldn't want to be releasing KZ2 at that time, tell me I'm talking crap please ?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
lowrider007 said:
Feb 2009 ?

A tactical delay maybe ?, considering both these titles were paired together at the conference today as two very big FPS titles releasing them at the same time could be a bad move, this winter we've got Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 and Little Big Planet all coming out very near to each other, I certainly wouldn't want to be releasing KZ2 at that time, tell me I'm talking crap please ?

I think it's a smart move by sony if this is the case. I said earlier the hype of R2, LBP, and MS2 (supposedly home also) will carry it through the holidays. MGS4+HAZE will carry it through summer, plus various PSN releases and whatnot. Then right away next year it starts with a big title... GT5, to follow soon after, and HOPEFULLY to follow : Infamous, Tekken 6, WKC, GOW3, twisted metal maybe?, eight days, heavy rain, FFXIII, etc.

Top Bottom