• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2: RTTP

Hmm, interesting. I'm actually playing through the game now as well, but this is my 3rd attempt at playing the game. I think it's really, really boring. The first Killzone seemed a heck of a lot better, but I'm pretty casual with the franchise (take that as you will). The campaign in KZ2 seems pretty monotonous to me. Once I finish, it's going off to Goodwill.

I will give it compliments on it's unique weight, which helps it stand apart and feel more realistic than your CoD. But then the mechanics are just made frustrating by the peekaboo bad guys and monotone nature of the campaign.

-Amon-

I used to rock with my clan in Killzone 2 back in the days.

For me, best online console shooter of the past generation.

Gestault

Hmm, interesting. I'm actually playing through the game now as well, but this is my 3rd attempt at playing the game. I think it's really, really boring. The first Killzone seemed a heck of a lot better, but I'm pretty casual with the franchise (take that as you will). The campaign in KZ2 seems pretty monotonous to me. Once I finish, it's going off to Goodwill.

I will give it compliments on it's unique weight, which helps it stand apart and feel more realistic than your CoD. But then the mechanics are just made frustrating by the peekaboo bad guys and monotone nature of the campaign.

I know this won't apply to everyone, but my sense is basically that if you've been playing most of the games in the genre for more than a few decades, it's a lot less impressive as a game than people without the context. That said, the multi-objective online is great.

<3

ibtzcQYq1oM57v.PNG

Not played in a year now; miss this game.

Killzone2, what a beautiful game. This and Resistance made me go out and buy a Ps3, Instantly became hooked on the story and the mp was so much fun, there was a steep learning curve so it took me a while to get the hang of things.

As far as mp games go, Kz2 and MAG are by far the best games I've played to date.

Tunin

One of the best MP games I've ever played the last generation.

It would have been better if the controls were given proper focus, even after playing more than 100 hours I cannot ignore it, they were shit.
Everything else was right, from the weapon animation to the rate of fire, a true gem.

NastyBook

As far as mp games go, Kz2 and MAG are by far the best games I've played to date.
Throw in Warhawk and 1.04 Uncharted 2, and that would be my list. Sunk mad hours into all of those games.

I'd love a remaster of KZ2. Still need to play KZ1 HD and do some bot matches on Park Terminal.

Top Bottom