• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

A.R.K

for the lucky bastards who are playing the game already :D .. what is the killzone website menu option in the game for? What does it do?

Nizz

dark10x said:
Just got to the train and :O

Absolutely incredible looking. Wow, how the hell did they pull these visuals off?! Hopefully other developers take note of the techniques used here. Naughty Dog could especially learn something about post processing. The motion blur is unreal.

BTW, anyone else think the music starts to sound rather "Metal Gear" as you progress in the game?

I'm loving my current method of play, though. The standard isn't bad, but it just feels so much better being able to pull up a weapon with L1. Alternating fingers isn't bad at all.
Dammit man, you're making the wait till Friday unbearable! :D You saying that the graphics are impressive says a lot. The bar on consoles has been raised. Everyone is really gonna have to step up their game now... Oh, and I use "Alternate 2" as well, though what I do is use the middle finger for the crouching and hugging cover instead of alternating my main index finger.

BeeDog

WHAT

Just checked ShopTo, and now it says Dispatched, woot! <3 Jesus christ, what times do the postal service in the UK operate at? :lol

Arnie

BeeDog said:
WHAT

Just checked ShopTo, and now it says Dispatched, woot! <3 Jesus christ, what times do the postal service in the UK operate at? :lol
Congats man, I reckon Thursday is a safe bet for our orders.

Raist

Banned
dark10x said:
Just got to the train and :O

Absolutely incredible looking. Wow, how the hell did they pull these visuals off?! Hopefully other developers take note of the techniques used here. Naughty Dog could especially learn something about post processing. The motion blur is unreal.

WTF ZOMG DUDE SPOILER

Jtrizzy

Tough choice. I'd like them in time for KZ2, but then again they aren't completely necessary with the standard config. Do they make throwing grenades and going into cover a lot easier?

The delivery estimate is March 24-April 13th. That is quite a while.

Arnie

-viper- said:
Thursday? Bah. I was hoping tomorrow.
It could well be tomorow, I just don't wanna get my hopes up. Realistically its not like Royal Mail are just gonna sit on some copies of KZ2 for a day :p.

Also if anyone from Euro GAF wants to send me a PSN request the details are on my profile.

rexor0717

dark10x said:
BTW, anyone else think the music starts to sound rather "Metal Gear" as you progress in the game?
I said that about the credits music
a while back
. If I would have closed my eyes, I would have sworn I was playing MGS.

Jtrizzy

I think I'm going to get them from bargainmemorycards.co.uk it says my total is 8.54 which equals $12.45

Is that right and is this a safe site?

.GqueB.

Banned
Raist said:
Some of you guys... seriously...

Anyway.

Is it me or the higs are way more aggressive on veteran? I don't remember them rushing and flanking that much in the demo.

should I have spoiled that one too?
Wait so the game gets more difficult as you up your difficulty settings? Are you sure?

Can someone else who has the game confirm this?

Raist

Banned
.GqueB. said:
Wait so the game gets more difficult as you up your difficulty settings? Are you sure?

Can someone else who has the game confirm this?

You're so funny.

Anyway, many folks asked whether the AI was improving uppon increasing difficulty or if the higs just turned into bullet sponges. I guess here's the answer.

Did i mention how i detest gamestop???? So I switched my preorder to the store where the worker told me "yes, we are having a midnight launch for killzone 2". Today, they tell me they are not, so now i have to go to a new store, farther away,that said yes we are having it, but you have to come in to the store to switch preorder stores.

xiked

Banned
Need help, playing on veteran on my first go and I think I'm stuck at the end.

IM fighting whit rico in this big room were redick is. I manage to go to the second floor but after that it just escalate until unreal proportions. I manage to fight until these fu*** rocket guys comes in and shoot the hell of the balcony where I have to be on. How on earth do I complete this level. How do I kill redick? (redick the right name?)

DoomGyver

xiked said:
Need help, playing on veteran on my first go and I think I'm stuck at the end.

IM fighting whit rico in this big room were redick is. I manage to go to the second floor but after that it just escalate until unreal proportions. I manage to fight until these fu*** rocket guys comes in and shoot the hell of the balcony where I have to be on. How on earth do I complete this level. How do I kill redick? (redick the right name?)

it's Radec, anyways grab the sniper and take out at least 2 of the rocket launchers quickly, before the waves charge up onto the second floor. As soon as you kill the rockets drop the sniper and grab the grenade launcher and suppress the guys charging you. Usually it's 6 guys on one side and 1 or 2 guys on the other. The sides change up each time you play that part. Once you kill enough of them it will say "Kill Radec" thats when you hit a checkpoint.

For Radec, get on the lower floor for more room. Its easier to dodge his attacks this way. Once you see him stand in the middle of the room on the 2nd floor just spamming his weapon you've won, just simply take cover and pump him full of lead and a cutscene will play.

Foil

Hopefully FutureShop ships my order in time. Doubt it though, I'll likely not get the game until next week. :/

They did toss in some Killzone 2 beanie thing which I didn't really want. But hey, it's free. I'll probably just give it away.

kzbean.jpg

DoomGyver

Foil said:
Hopefully FutureShop ships my order in time. Doubt it though, I'll likely not get the game until next week. :/

They did toss in some Killzone 2 beanie thing which I didn't really want. But hey, it's free. I'll probably just give it away.

kzbean.jpg
Could I have it if I paid shipping? :D (thats if you're giving it away of course)

Foil

Full Recovery said:
Could I have it if I paid shipping? :D (thats if you're giving it away of course)

Don't want to promise anything, but if I end up giving it away you can have it (just pay the shipping).

xiked

Banned
Thanks allot, hope it will be over soon. Its so darn hectic game. I must take a break from it. I have been through some insane hectic levels.

KZObsessed

Raist said:
You're so funny.

Anyway, many folks asked whether the AI was improving uppon increasing difficulty or if the higs just turned into bullet sponges. I guess here's the answer.

Yep, Guerrilla Dev said that the A.I. response times are quicker on Veteran. As well as them taking a little more damage, and you a little less.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TrAcEr_x90 said:
This is the ultimate ps3 controller
caps4stix and real triggers

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/tracer_x90/controller_real.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Those caps4stix look annoying. I approve on the Realtriggers though.

Mik2121

Play-Asia has my Killzone 2 status as "Preparing Order". That means they will probably ship it in the next 2-3 hours. And considering I ordered it via FedEX and I'm in Japan, 4 hours from Hong Kong... I'd guess I'll receive it by Friday morning (Thursday morning in the USA?)...

Oh well, I think I'll be sick on Friday, lolz

Top Bottom