• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

jmonteiro

TrAcEr_x90 said:
This is the ultimate ps3 controller
caps4stix and real triggers

controller_real.jpg

Just bought 3 of those caps4stix :D
to add to my 3 sets of real triggers
:D

G-Bus

Banned
wal-mart closest to me is sold out.... fucking sold out.

Knew i should have pre-ordered this. fuck.

canadian wal-mart, btw.

CHRP718

Banned
I have the game pre-ordered at GameStop but I decided to go around and check my local (NYC) Mom & Pop video game store to see if I could get the game early; I asked if they have Killzone 2 and they said we had it until this afternoon but we're sold out. They had 17 copies of Killzone 2.
Well I guess I'll have to wait until the morning of Friday to pick up Killzone 2 :D.
Glad to see its selling like crazy though.

Flunkie

Banned
CHRP718 said:
I have the game pre-ordered at GameStop but I decided to go around and check my local (NYC) Mom & Pop video game store to see if I could get the game early; I asked if they have Killzone 2 and they said we had it until this afternoon but we're sold out. They had 17 copies of Killzone 2.
Well I guess I'll have to wait until the morning of Friday to pick up Killzone 2 :D.
Wow.

Clinton514

Went to Futureshop(canada)...bastids listed it as in stock. Get there, dude gives evil smirk, "NO, we can't sell it to you until Friday."

Grr..They're giving away the free KZ2 beanie as well. Going to can my GS order if I can get back to Futureshop early Fri. morn.

Ephemeris

CHRP718 said:

Isn't that something.

Translation:
rageplant.png

ashism

Local mom and pop shop in socal getting some copies in tomorrow. I will be calling every 5 minutes, I hope they are ready.

ashism said:
Local mom and pop shop in socal getting some copies in tomorrow. I will be calling every 5 minutes, I hope they are ready.

Hey ashism can you tell me which shop? I live in Oceanside and work in Rancho Bernardo (SD county).

ashism

PartlyCloudlike said:
Hey ashism can you tell me which shop? I live in Oceanside and work in Rancho Bernardo (SD county).
More in the Long Beach area. PM for the store, I don't want my chances to diminish by gaf lurkers.

Nizz

ashism said:
More in the Long Beach area. PM for the store, I don't want my chances to diminish by gaf lurkers.
^^Seriously, this^^ IMO, GAF should PM each other if they find it in locations they're asking about. Those lurkers! *shakes fist*

.GqueB.

Banned
CHRP718 said:
Where? Wheeeeeeeeeere? PM me wheeeeeeere.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Got word of targets breaking street date here in houston, but had no luck when I went up to the one right down the street :(

bigswords

bdizzle said:
how's caps4stix? do they help a lot? playing fps on the ps3 controller makes my hand hurt

Hope the new DS 3.5 is like that. Goddamn it Sony fix your damn controllers!

I'm going to get the caps4stix and real triggers.

kaskade

Do stores sell those real triggers. I hate the way the R2 and L2 buttons feel, my fingers always feel like they are slipping off.

Haunted

TrAcEr_x90 said:
This is the ultimate ps3 controller
caps4stix and real triggers

controller_real.jpg
Those sticks looks horrible.

And if this game had crouch toggle you wouldn't need those trigger attachments in the first place. gah, still gets my blood boiling.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Haunted said:
Those sticks looks horrible.

And if this game had crouch toggle you wouldn't need those trigger attachments in the first place. gah, still gets my blood boiling.
It has crouch toggle in MP, at least. The triggers help the overall feel of the controller IMO. A marked improvement over the standard buttons.

RoboPlato said:
It has crouch toggle in MP, at least. The triggers help the overall feel of the controller IMO. A marked improvement over the standard buttons.
totally disagree.

Is this a sweaty hands issue? I have never slipped on the sticks or triggers

bdizzle said:
how's caps4stix? do they help a lot? playing fps on the ps3 controller makes my hand hurt

They are really really sweet! they do add a tiny bit more "bulk" to the sticks but not very much. My other controller the thumbsticks feel very smooth and my thumbs seem to slip a tiny bit and i have to re adjust in resistance 2. With these on the controller those little nubs really help out and the rubber is very good for no slipping thumb feeling.

Any word yet of midnight launch locations in Dallas, TX?

Anyone?

BobTheFork said:
totally disagree.

Yeah, I don't get it either, Bob. And I've played about 10 house of Burnout Paradise over the last two days...on standard DS3s.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BobTheFork said:
totally disagree.

No sweat, I just could never place my fingers comfortably on those buttons or control the pressure on them too well without the triggers. I also found it torture to try to play any game that made R2 shoot without them. I just like the way my hands sit on the controller with them the most.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
That picture makes them look a bit...noticeable. Those small bumps on the 360 controller are part of what make it far better for shooters, though.

To tell ya guys the truth Ive never really had any problems with the triggers. Just mostly the thumbs slipping on the thumbsticks. But it does seem with real triggers you can press the triggers slightly fast? not sure if thatll help at all with fps since those are usually the run buttons or grenades. But i figured what the heck, it was like 2 or 3 bucks for the caps, and like 5 bucks for the real triggers.

This is killzone 2 were talking about, everything needs to be perfect. The controller, my back pillow for sitting comfortably on the couch, the couch moved up a bit so im closer to my hd tv, a full weekend to play and a energy drink ready for when i pick it up at midnight.

Also i just got back from have to f***** cancel a preorder at the gamestop that told me they were having a midnight release but arent, and then driving to the one that does know for sure they will have it midnight. gamestop is such a pain.

Top Bottom