• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Pristine_Condition said:
Any word yet of midnight launch locations in Dallas, TX?

Anyone?

Yeah, I don't get it either, Bob. And I've played about 10 house of Burnout Paradise over the last two days...on standard DS3s.
no lists, just call call call. Dallas is to big NOT to do one. might be too late for pre's though, they will have copies tomorrow

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
2682554306_96419fe750_o.jpg

TEH-CJ

Banned
I'm still pissed about this stupid street date crap. it causes a real inconvenience for some people, if you have the fucking game on stock just release it!. Damn these fuckers on there high horse! damn them to hell! , Now ill have to go on my lunch break tomorrow and pick it up then, I was looking forward to having dominos for lunch tomorrow.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TEH-CJ said:
I'm still pissed about this stupid street date crap. it causes a real inconvenience for some people. if you have the fucking game on stock just release it!. Damn these fuckers on there high horse! damn them to hell! , Now ill have to go on my lunch break tomorrow and pick it up then, sigh stupid fockers. I was looking forward to having dominos for lunch tomorrow.

marketing baby. Do you bitch about movies having release dates?

TEH-CJ

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
marketing baby. Do you bitch about movies having release dates?

But its one day man!!! ONE DAY!!!111. I think its retarted!.

What happend to the good ole nes days! there were no such thing as street dates back then :mad:

Raist

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
But its one day man!!! ONE DAY!!!111. I think its retarted!.

What happend to the good ole nes days! there were no such thing as street dates back then :mad:

Happened to me for MGS4. I went in the store, it was about to close, the dudes were unpacking the game. Then they saw me, quickly put the boxes out of sight, and were like "yeaaaa huh well, MGS4 is released tomorrow."

I was like... feeling like CQCing them.

Surfheart

TEH-CJ said:
I'm still pissed about this stupid street date crap. it causes a real inconvenience for some people, if you have the fucking game on stock just release it!. Damn these fuckers on there high horse! damn them to hell! , Now ill have to go on my lunch break tomorrow and pick it up then, I was looking forward to having dominos for lunch tomorrow.

Couldn't agree more. So many places have broken street date here and there, just release it ffs.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Raist said:
Happened to me for MGS4. I went in the store, it was about to close, the dudes were unpacking the game. Then they saw me, quickly put the boxes out of sight, and were like "yeaaaa huh well, MGS4 is released tomorrow."

I was like... feeling like CQCing them.

Haha yea i know it sucks ass :mad:

Zero Hero

BobTheFork said:
totally disagree.

Is this a sweaty hands issue? I have never slipped on the sticks or triggers

Same here. If my shit didn't slip during GRID races, then I'm not worrying about slipage in KZ2 at all.

Raist

Banned
Wow, I'm getting owned pretty badly. Advice plz?

In the refinery, when you jump in those giant bucket things. You can barely take any cover, and for some reason they kill me super fast, like they headshot me permanently or something. Quite annoying

DoomGyver

Raist said:
Wow, I'm getting owned pretty badly. Advice plz?

In the refinery, when you jump in those giant bucket things. You can barely take any cover, and for some reason they kill me super fast, like they headshot me permanently or something. Quite annoying
Don't try to take cover, but if you do only use the "bucket handles" as cover because that's the only cover that works. You did pick up the electric gun right before this right??? Because that would make a world of difference. Right before you go up the ladder there is a weapon container with the electric gun.

Kill them all, then they can't shoot you. :D

FightyF

Banned
BobTheFork said:
totally disagree.

Is this a sweaty hands issue? I have never slipped on the sticks or triggers

It's an ergonomics issue.

Developers realize this as well, it's not like this is any secret. There's a reason why you typically fire with R1 and not R2 in even Sony published games from Resistance 1 to this.

It has crouch toggle in MP, at least. The triggers help the overall feel of the controller IMO. A marked improvement over the standard buttons.
Can anyone confirm for once and all whether there is crouch toggle in MP? I've heard yes and no.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
nib95 said:
ZOMG just finished my review. 3400 words lol...

I don't think anyone will even bother to read it. :lol

Does it sound like your about to break down in tears? That's how I read TTP's in the OP. Like he's struggling to not break down or soil himself and some guy from Guerilla is there gently rubbing his back.

Is it like that?

Clinton514

Trigger preferences are one thing but I don't understand this nub padding thing. Reminds me of that gif dot50cal posted about the DS3 slipping our of people's hands.

Are you all really having trouble keeping your fingers on the analog sticks? :lol

Someone find that gif please.

nib95

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
Does it sound like your about to break down in tears? That's how I read TTP's in the OP. Like he's struggling to not break down or soil himself and some guy from Guerilla is there gently rubbing his back.

Is it like that?

A little lol.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Clinton514 said:
Trigger preferences are one thing but I don't understand this nub padding thing. Reminds me of that gif dot50cal posted about the DS3 slipping our of people's hands.

Are you all really having trouble keeping your fingers on the analog sticks? :lol

Someone find that gif please.
As someone who doesn't play many FPSs on my PS3, the controller is probably my biggest complaint. It makes the game harder than I suspect it would be with another controller. But that is most likely my own fault, I suppose. Like I said, this is my first FPS on a Dual Shock in quite a while.

I can't wait to get home and play more, in any case. As someone who doesn't buy a lot of military shooters (the last one I bought was COD4, I believe), the game's presentation alone is enough incentive for me to play. The level design seems fairly strong too (I'm up to level 4), nothing has jumped out of me as particularly genius, but it doesn't really need to be. It's just a shit load of fun.

I have a feeling that once I fully adjust to the controls, I'll start enjoying the game even more. At the moment they're still a little bit of a hurdle.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
untoldhero said:
KILLZONE 2 EARLY RELEASE AUSTRALIA!
JUST CALLED EVERYONE IN SYDNEY
THEY ALL HAVE IT IN
FTW

Sorry about caps, am excited. :lol
Don't mean to say I told you so, Australia-GAF, but ah... yeah. ;)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
endlessflood said:
How do you activate it? My friend already has the game and says he only stays crouched for as long as he holds the crouch button in MP.
I think it's an option on the control screen. You need to activate it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
RoboPlato said:
I think it's an option on the control screen. You need to activate it.
You disable "Crouch Hold" in the options>controls menu. :)

Clinton514

Rez said:
As someone who doesn't play many FPSs on my PS3, the controller is probably my biggest complaint. It makes the game harder than I suspect it would be with another controller. But that is most likely my own fault, I suppose. Like I said, this is my first FPS on a Dual Shock in quite a while.

I can't wait to get home and play more, in any case. As someone who doesn't buy a lot of military shooters (the last one I bought was COD4, I believe), the game's presentation alone is enough incentive for me to play. The level design seems fairly strong too (I'm up to level 4), nothing has jumped out of me as particularly genius, but it doesn't really need to be. It's just a shit load of fun.

I have a feeling that once I fully adjust to the controls, I'll start enjoying the game even more. At the moment they're still a little bit of a hurdle.
I can see how you feel. I still remember my first attempt at console FPS way back...felt awkward. People think I'm crazy but I still have more difficulty playing FPS on my 360 controller. Like you, I guess it's a matter of me not getting to use it much for the genre.

so no one feels like the thumbsticks wear down after using them alot? i can tell a definite difference between my first dual shock 3 and my newer one.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Clinton514 said:
I can see how you feel. I still remember my first attempt at console FPS way back...felt awkward. People think I'm crazy but I still have more difficulty playing FPS on my 360 controller. Like you, I guess it's a matter of me not getting to use it much for the genre.
Mmm, basically every FPS I owned prior to late 2008 was for my 360, so naturally, that controller is what I associate with FPSs, so adjusting to another controller isn't an overnight thing. A lot of people in similar situations to myself are too quick to blame the controller. It reminds me of PC gamers saying that dual stick FPSs were shitty back in the Halo days.

It doesn't help that over the past few months I bought a gaming PC and have been playing a whole lot of mouse and keyboards controlled FPS games. :lol

Time to go home and play some more KZ, I reckon. Later. ;)

Rez said:
Mmm, basically every FPS I owned prior to late 2008 was for my 360, so naturally, that controller is what I associate with FPSs, so adjusting to another controller isn't an overnight thing. A lot of people in similar situations to myself are too quick to blame the controller. It reminds me of PC gamers saying that dual stick FPSs were shitty back in the Halo days.

It doesn't help that over the past few months I bought a gaming PC and have been playing a whole lot of mouse and keyboards controlled FPS games. :lol

Time to go home and play some more KZ, I reckon. Later. ;)

Rez have you posted your impressions on the game yet ?

TrAcEr_x90 said:
so no one feels like the thumbsticks wear down after using them alot? i can tell a definite difference between my first dual shock 3 and my newer one.
after a few year my thumbs would slide a bit, but only when playing SSDHD, which was designed by sony to create controller revenue. I don't think FPS's require movements big enough to matter.

Top Bottom