• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
CjV8jdiUUAAZ4c0.jpg:large

Hmm... Joe isn't Hiyama, is here? :-( He DOES sound pretty good overall, though.

Quite an old School Tiger Kick we have going on there. Will his fans be happy he has a seemingly real DP back?

Those crazy wide-range double kicks look pretty nice. A command normal?

JayEH

CjV8jdiUUAAZ4c0.jpg:large

Hmm... Joe isn't Hiyama, is here? :-( He DOES sound pretty good overall, though.

Quite an old School Tiger Kick we have going on there. Will his fans be happy he has a seemingly real DP back?

Those crazy wide-range double kicks look pretty nice. A command normal?

Joe and Terry both sound different. Those are two of the most recognizable voices in the cast too so it sticks out like a sore thumb. Joe sounds ok but Terry ehhhh.

TreIII

Joe not being Hiyama any more breaks my heart, but it's understood if the guy wasn't either available or commanded too high of a price.

All that aside, Joe does look as fun to play, as always.

Joe and Terry both sound different. Those are two of the most recognizable voices in the cast too so it sticks out like a sore thumb. Joe sounds ok but Terry ehhhh.

Even with Terry sounding different, I'm pretty sure it's Satoshi Hashimoto voicing Terry still.

I think almost every character sounds pretty different in this game, even with the same voice actors. It makes me wonder if Yuri will still sound the same.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
... Athena sounds, like exactly the same though, lol.

Anyone notice the little Easter Egg on top of the truck in the background?

CjWC36pXIAETkHr.jpg:orig

Also glad someone caught a pic of this on Twitter, during STAR Dunk Volcano:

CjWAHl4XAAADq9n.jpg

JayEH

I feel they've gotten better with the editing each team trailer so far.

Even with Terry sounding different, I'm pretty sure it's Satoshi Hashimoto voicing Terry still.

I think almost every character sounds pretty different in this game, even with the same voice actors. It makes me wonder if Yuri will still sound the same.

Guess they wanted to age the characters up a bit then. And I hope Yuri stays the same, I need that up beatness from her.

Joe not being Hiyama any more breaks my heart, but it's understood if the guy wasn't either available or commanded too high of a price.

All that aside, Joe does look as fun to play, as always.

Can't watch the trailer right now, but I feel the same way, I was really looking forward to hearing Hiyama :(

Also, I guess they are going in website order.

Zerojul

Joe's gameplay looks great fun. I'm pleased.
In fact I like to play "regular" teams from time to time, just for fun. Garou team looks like a good choice for that. The three of them look sick.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So i guess since it's following website order, Art of Fighting team should be next?

Excited to see Yuri.

That's what it seems like! But we might see her even earlier with the Weekend play in Japan, if people are allowed to record anything from the new 36 chara build.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how she plays (and sounds!) too. Hope she's full of personality.

If it's just in a shop somewhere i kinda doubt it'll be streamed....

It's playable at Combo Breaker this weekend too but i imagine that's still the 24 chara build.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, not expecting a stream! But it'd be nice if someone had a friend + Camera to record a match, or even just to take screens of notable new stuff.

It'd be nice if Combo Breaker has the most up-to-date build, I'd have liked to have heard something from Atlus regarding this by now. They've been really quiet as-of-late.

BadWolf

All three of the team music themes revealed so far are fantastic.

Did they get someone from the old days to compose for XIV? Sha-V maybe?

All three of the team music themes revealed so far are fantastic.

Did they get someone from the old days to compose for XIV? Sha-V maybe?

I'm really curious to see who it is myself. Looking at who composed XIII I was surprised they were all newcomers and yet they were able to make something that really sounded like a KoF game but was still different and not quite the same (same with Unlimited Match's OST). I'm getting a real classic KoF vibe from the music we've heard so far, namely the music has a hefty, elaborate, and mood-setting intro before the main theme really kicks in like what you'd hear in the old KoF ASTs. Considering we've heard about all the old staffers coming on board, it really wouldn't surprise me if they got a lot of the old music team together.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Finally!

Maxima has a second super? I wonder if it's just his old neomax from XIII.

Muimui has a command grab. I wonder if it's a combo starter, ala Iori's.

I'm disappointed none of Maxima's Supers are Command Grabs :-/ Can I at least get 1?

Yuri has 3 DMs. Yuri confirmed best chara in game. Chin has an "EX Command normal", in that DF+LK can be EX'd. Guess that's his upkicks from XIII, but it's pretty weird to see if written that way.

Ralf's got some crazy stuff going on, like no B,F+P move for Gattling Attack!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nah bro, I went straight to Joe. Nothing new to see there though.
Hein's moves are named after chess pieces or moves, interesting.

Joe didn't have a 3rd Command normal in recent games... Maybe he can chain the 2 together here, to make that double hit he had in the trailer? Also, did he have the ending motion for his Mash Punches in XIII? I know Hwa did.

Nice Insight on Hein's moveset. Looks like he has a dive kick?

Zerojul

Joe didn't have a 3rd Command normal in recent games... Maybe he can chain the 2 together here, to make that double hit he had in the trailer? Also, did he have the ending motion for his Mash Punches in XIII? I know Hwa did.

Nice Insight on Hein's moveset. Looks like he has a dive kick?
I think he had bakuretsu finish in XIII but it's been a while...

Hein's qcb+kick might be a dive kick, yeah. I can't wait to see him in motion :)

A.E Suggs

YO!

I didn't even pay attention to the background until now. I can't believe they did a 3D version of the Iori's KOF95 Factory Stage for XIV. How cool is that!
Yeah its looks great, they should have eiji in the background since he's the odd man out here.

I'm also waiting to see more costume dlc, crossing fingers for mature dress.

shaowebb

Here you go!

CjcLZVhUoAY4E72.jpg

Darnit, Maxima didn't get MONGOLIAN :( Yes, I'm the only one who skipped new charas and went to Maxima first. ;)

WOW! Kukri's inputs are all easy mode QCF stuff. Mui Mui looks super easy too and like I can split up a rekka attack into whatever order I like. She's definitely someone that looks like she'll be fun.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WOW! Kukri's inputs are all easy mode QCF stuff. Mui Mui looks super easy too and like I can split up a rekka attack into whatever order I like. She's definitely someone that looks like she'll be fun.

You can tell the New people are consciously made for people who fear old school SNK motions, lol. Shun'Ei's motions are stupid simple too. AND he has quarter circles for his air dashes, rather than taps. AND they have EX's. Tiger Knee EX Air Dashes incoming... Oh geeze.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Maxima doesn't have his headbutt juggle huh? I love that :(

Also I just realized none of the Ash-saga newcomers came back.

oh nice yuri's climax ranbu is her 2002 max2 one. the SHIN! CHOU! APPA! has been missed

kinda hoping they ape SF4 metsu shoryuken's camerawork and timing for it, lol

Top Bottom