• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Thread of How do you even pronounce that

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Too many black boxes!

But yes, this is making me want to play KH2 again.

Maybe I'll order KH2FM now that it's cheap since it ain't coming out here (at least, not on the PS2).

Pureauthor said:
Don't forget when
Riku proclaims that he will 'unleash the dark power I've been holding back'. That is easily the cheesiest line in the entire game. And is it not helped that what happens afterwards can be summed up as 'Is Xehanort's Heartless going to have to choke a bitch?'
I hear ya.

Mikey Jr. said:
1. Did Riku ever lose his heart in KH1? If yes, then where is his nobody?
No.

2. What do you get for beating proud mode? I just beat normal. Is there a secret movie or anything?
Nothing that I know of. There isn't any secret movie, which is surprising.

3. I wish the ending was more like deep dive. With rain coming down, and a lot more neoshadows. When the scene first played, I was like "holy shit, im going to play deep dive!", then it kinda let me down.
That's the power for the DS for you. What we got was still pretty cool though.

Mikey Jr.

Fuck, KH2 has jump as O and attack as X.

After 30 hours of 358/2, its going to take a little while for my brain to re-adjust. (there is no controller config)

completed and loved the game. Doing mission mode solo but I kinda wish they balanced it a bit better when playing solo. seems like they just upped enemy HP and gave them better defense which is fine you have others playing with you but its a grind when playing solo.

I really wanna whoop Sepiroth again though :(

Fewr

Quick question: what's the difference among beginner/standard/proud modes?
Do you get more xp? more rare items?

Kard8p3

Does anyone else think the scene where
Xigbar see's Xion as Ven
should have been a voice acted cutscene? It seems important enough and it would've given
Xigbar
some time to speak.

Borman

Beaten on the hard mode just now :) Wish the game had more going on to be honest, the worlds really dragged on, especially towards the beginning. Later half was far more interesting though, so I still enjoyed it

Kard8p3

Borman said:
Beaten on the hard mode just now :) Wish the game had more going on to be honest, the worlds really dragged on, especially towards the beginning. Later half was far more interesting though, so I still enjoyed it

How bad is the difficulty on proud mode?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Kard8p3 said:
Xigbar see's Xion as Ven
should have been a voice acted cutscene? It seems important enough and it would've given
Xigbar
some time to speak.

I think
the reason it wasn't voiced was so that it doesn't detract from the main focus of the story. No doubt if something like that had been voiced, it would have been considered too important and there would be exceptions for it to be cleared up before the end of the game.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Crewnh said:
3. I wish the ending was more like deep dive. With rain coming down, and a lot more neoshadows. When the scene first played, I was like "holy shit, im going to play deep dive!", then it kinda let me down.

That's the power for the DS for you. What we got was still pretty cool though.

That's hardly the DS' fault. Deep Dive has been downplayed like that since KHII.

Mikey Jr.

Regulus Tera said:
That's hardly the DS' fault. Deep Dive has been downplayed like that since KHII.

Thats true. It was crappy in KH2. Ahh well.

Btw, started up KH2 again.

Fuck, this games still amazing, especially when
Sora wakes up and a new journey begins.
You really get like this vibe that I can't explain. Fucking great. Plus the presentation was top-notch, something the 358/2 couldn't match.

Seriously, I can wait for KH3 on PS3/360.

Btw, Gummi ships are fucking fun in KH2. Shit, forgot how addicting it was.

btkadams

Mikey Jr. said:
Thats true. It was crappy in KH2. Ahh well.

Btw, started up KH2 again.

Fuck, this games still amazing, especially when
Sora wakes up and a new journey begins.
You really get like this vibe that I can't explain. Fucking great. Plus the presentation was top-notch, something the 358/2 couldn't match.

Seriously, I can wait for KH3 on PS3/360.

Btw, Gummi ships are fucking fun in KH2. Shit, forgot how addicting it was.
i have this weird feeling kh3 won't be here until the next gen consoles. i mean, the studio has barely gotten work done on versus 13. if it does come out on ps3/360, it'll probably be as late as ff12 on ps2.

Kard8p3

btkadams said:
i have this weird feeling kh3 won't be here until the next gen consoles. i mean, the studio has barely gotten work done on versus 13. if it does come out on ps3/360, it'll probably be as late as ff12 on ps2.

Yeah that's true. I do expect a teaser for KH3 to be at the end of Birth by Sleep though.

Borman

Kard8p3 said:
How bad is the difficulty on proud mode?

I died a lot to be honest. Most of the time, I could be good, then for whatever reason, some guy would just combo me to death in a flash. But once a decent strategy was worked out, and mistakes were minimized, it wasnt too too terrible, deaths and all

Mikey Jr.

Can anyone explain to me what I missed in KH2 Final Mix sotry wise? I have not kept up to date on this at all. All I saw was the extended secret ending at the end. Weren't there a crap load of extra scenes in the game though? Especially concerning Xemnas and some room or something?

Peff

Mikey Jr. said:
Can anyone explain to me what I missed in KH2 Final Mix sotry wise? I have not kept up to date on this at all. All I saw was the extended secret ending at the end. Weren't there a crap load of extra scenes in the game though? Especially concerning Xemnas and some room or something?

Most of the new scenes were basically expanded stuff from the KH2 novel, like Xemnas showing Roxas his new name, more Organization scenes talking among themselves... the only actual relevant scene is that one, in which Xemnas
is talking to Aqua's armor about reuniting with an old "friend"

It's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FCTPZ1qjBE

Mikey Jr. said:
I made a text file a couple of years back after KH vids translated the new scenes. It has the script for all them. There's like 10 or 11 of them. Some of the scenes were reused in 358/2 Days like
Xemnas giving Roxas his name and Roxas and Riku's battle

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmtmwohm3tl

Though I'll just mention the major things shown in the new scenes here:
1. Xemnas' secondary goal, the first being obtaining Kingdom Hearts' power was to find the Chamber of Waking, which contained his "friend". The other room, the Chamber of Repose was built by him in Hollow Bastion and had the armor of the blue haired girl from Birth By Sleep in there.
2. The second major thing is, why Roxas tried to fight Sora. After Axel died, that triggered Roxas to fight for control.
3. Axel has one last talk with Roxas before he fades out of existence.
4. Sora remembers everything from Chain of Memories and remembers that he forgot to thank Namine.
:lol
5. There's also the battle with the armored knight Terra, which revealed stuff about Birth By Sleep, like how he hates Xehanort and the names of his teammates. This was the first time it was revealed, though it doesn't really matter now

Mikey Jr.

Crewnh said:
I made a text file a couple of years back after KH vids translated the new scenes. It has the script for all them. There's like 10 or 11 of them. Some of the scenes were reused in 358/2 Days like
Xemnas giving Roxas his name and Roxas and Riku's battle

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmtmwohm3tl

Though I'll just mention the major things shown in the new scenes here:
1. Xemnas' secondary goal, the first being obtaining Kingdom Hearts' power was to find the Chamber of Waking, which contained his "friend". The other room, the Chamber of Repose was built by him in Hollow Bastion and had the armor of the blue haired girl from Birth By Sleep in there.
2. The second major thing is, why Roxas tried to fight Sora. After Axel died, that triggered Roxas to fight for control.
3. Axel has one last talk with Roxas before he fades out of existence.
4. Sora remembers everything from Chain of Memories and remembers that he forgot to thank Namine.
:lol
5. There's also the battle with the armored knight Terra, which revealed stuff about Birth By Sleep, like how he hates Xehanort and the names of his teammates. This was the first time it was revealed, though it doesn't really matter now

Wow, thanks dude. Great stuff, I actually feel like I am pretty up to date. One question though, maybe you know, what is castle oblivion?
Like, I know what they do there and all. But Org. 13 didn't create it right? Thats where that waking room is, right?

Kard8p3

Mikey Jr. said:
Wow, thanks dude. Great stuff, I actually feel like I am pretty up to date. One question though, maybe you know, what is castle oblivion?
Like, I know what they do there and all. But Org. 13 didn't create it right? Thats where that waking room is, right?

According to Xigbar in KH2FM Xemnas does in fact believe the other room to be at castle oblivion. Other than that I don't think we know much else about castle oblivion.

ok, i just watched the video of the trailer of birth by sleep, and i got some questions:

Ansem is able to clone himself, check.
xion is there, on the fight, it appears it can weild the keyblade
roxas gets his ass handed to him and probably gets killed
axel is with them (wtf dude?)

so, wtf? i'm starting to connect the dots ... can ansem create a nobody just like that?

also, mickey looks pretty bad ass there ...

PataHikari said:
Wait.

What?

Link to cutscene?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNpnDykVq2I

Cutscene says that Sora forgot to thank her. In the Ultimania interviews, Nomura hinted at him remembering everything after seeing her face to face

Mikey Jr. said:
Kard8p3 said what I was going to. :lol

Castle Oblivion is still a mystery to everyone.

Kard8p3

sonikokaruto said:
ok, i just watched the video of the trailer of birth by sleep, and i got some questions:

so, wtf? i'm starting to connect the dots ... can ansem create a nobody just like that?

What trailer did you watch? Xion isn't in Birth by Sleep nor is Roxas. The Roxas lookalike is actually named Ventus. Axel hasn't been in the birth by sleep trailers either. I'm also pretty sure ansem hasn't appeared in a BBS trailer either.

sonikokaruto said:

Ventus(i.e. the kid who looks like Roxas), Terra(big guy), Aqua(blue haired chick).

Old man is "Master Xehanort", I think. The masked guy is his apprentice.

BBS takes place about 10 years before the original KH(there's even a scene that show Sora and Riku fighting with wooden swords as children). Ven is supposedly connected to both Sora and Roxas, no hints as to how though.

Oh and Ven doesn't die when he's frozen, his eyes are still moving.

Kard8p3

So how's multiplayer in this game? No one around here but me has a DS so I haven't had an opportunity to try it out.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Kard8p3 said:
So how's multiplayer in this game? No one around here but me has a DS so I haven't had an opportunity to try it out.

Honestly, despite this game's problems, this would definitely be the redeeming feature. I can't praise it enough. Although, if I had one complaint, it would be that some of the fun and surprise is a bit "off' since you have to unlock missions first in the Story Mode.

It's truly unfortunate that this game had to be a Kingdom Hearts game rather than a New Ip. Seeing as how the ideas brought into this game will never, ever, ever be used for a similar DS game. Ever. :(

Kard8p3

Surgeon Rocket said:
Honestly, despite this game's problems, this would definitely be the redeeming feature. I can't praise it enough. Although, if I had one complaint, it would be that some of the fun and surprise is a bit "off' since you have to unlock missions first in the Story Mode.

It's truly unfortunate that this game had to be a Kingdom Hearts game rather than a New Ip. Seeing as how the ideas brought into this game will never, ever, ever be used for a similar DS game. Ever. :(

Did you not care for the game that much? I didn't really have any problems with the game (besides recycled worlds) so I guess the multiplayer would be the cherry on top for me.

Kard8p3 said:

Pretty good, but it can get laggy if there are too many people on the screen at once. That's to be expected though, so it's not a big issue. It's fun competing against your friends trying to get the highest rank. You can either killsteal them to get more points, attack them so they drop points for you to steal, or simply fight separately and try to win that way. The only thing missing is that you can't actually do a true 1v1 battle with them because you can't lock-on to another player.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Crewnh said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNpnDykVq2I

Cutscene says that Sora forgot to thank her. In the Ultimania interviews, Nomura hinted at him remembering everything after seeing her face to face
Hell of an awkward time to bring that up. :lol

Poor Namine, always so neglected.

ruffles

Kard8p3 said:
Xigbar see's Xion as Ven
Xigbar
some time to speak.

Um who's that? Was it mentioned in KH2 as well?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ruffles said:
Um who's that? Was it mentioned in KH2 as well?
Ven is the character from Birth by Sleep that looks like Roxas. Xigbar mentions in KH2 about having met other Keyblade users before when he says this to Sora/Roxas:

"You've really put Organization XIII in a pickle. I guess that must be why the Keyblade chose you. But MAN, did it pick a dud this time. You don't look like you're half the hero the others were."

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Kard8p3 said:
Did you not care for the game that much? I didn't really have any problems with the game (besides recycled worlds) so I guess the multiplayer would be the cherry on top for me.

Ah, I came off in my last post as if I didn't really care for the main game a whole lot; I didn't mean to. I really enjoy this game, it's definitely one of my personal favorites now, I guess I just didn't thoroughly elaborate. I was stating my opinion from how a Kingdom Hearts fan would see this game, as I am not one, and have seen that others who are typically are not fond of the story mode.

Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Kard8p3

So I was listening to an interview with Richard Epcar about this game and he said after doing the voice work for this he was told he would be returning soon. I assume he means Birth by Sleep but who would he voice in that?

Kard8p3 said:
So I was listening to an interview with Richard Epcar about this game and he said after doing the voice work for this he was told he would be returning soon. I assume he means Birth by Sleep but who would he voice in that?

I would assume the same character, Xehanort. In fact, isn't he going to be a vital character in Birth By Sleep?

Kard8p3

BrandNew said:
I would assume the same character, Xehanort. In fact, isn't he going to be a vital character in Birth By Sleep?

Oh he voiced Xehanort? For some reason I thought Paul St. Peter voiced Xehanort. Yeah I assume he'll be playing a fairly big role in Birth by Sleep so he should have a pretty good role in that.

Roxas

I'm loving this game but just one problem...

these motherfucking ice cream cut scenes. I'm on Day 98 and they just keep coming and coming. Do they ever end? :(

Kard8p3

Roxas said:

these motherfucking ice cream cut scenes. I'm on Day 98 and they just keep coming and coming. Do they ever end? :(

When the game ends

Roxas said:

Nope.

One even
proceeds the last battle with Xion.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Going after the
secret reports
now. I love how you can
dual wield Oathkeeper and Oblivion
with no restrictions in mission mode by placing
Abilty Units on the Zero Gear
. Woo!

Oh, back cover from the first 358/2 novel:

ogwcoz.jpg

XIII Soda, K&H's Chocolate and volumes of the manga on the floor. The Nomura KFC was just the start for Shiro Amano. :lol :lol

Kard8p3

Fuu said:
Going after the
secret reports
now. I love how you can
dual wield Oathkeeper and Oblivion
with no restrictions in mission mode by placing
Abilty Units on the Zero Gear
. Woo!

Oh, back cover from the first 358/2 novel:

http://i36.tinypic.com/ogwcoz.jpg[IMG]

XIII Soda, K&H's Chocolate and volumes of the manga on the floor. The Nomura KFC was just the start for Shiro Amano. :lol :lol[/QUOTE]

That's awesome.

Kard8p3

So who's the best organization member to use in mission mode? It seems to me that it might be Saix but his final limit is all kinds of out of control. This game really needed an online mode because none of my friends have a DS.

On day 300. I like how you get bombarded with information at important scenes when the rest of the game has been mostly filler. Nomura is one sick bastard since I don't see any rational way for this to end on a happy note (though that's kind of a given knowing what happens in KH2)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
It only picks up from there. This game really likes to feed you crumbs until the later half of the story, at which point it's like content overflow in comparison.

Kard8p3

It seems a decent amount of stuff got cut from this game. At least two voice acted cutscenes were axed, one featuring mickey and axel together and the other being Axel and Saix out in the streets of the world that never was. Also a Pinnochio world got axed as well and apparently they had the world and missions completely finished. I guess this likely means a final mix version on a larger cart.

Top Bottom