• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

deanote666

Gold Member

giphy.gif

Looks like they were able to meet their deadline.

Psxphile

So should we expect all 545 proud mode missions to be available from the get-go? (Locked, obviously, but)

I don't think so. Japan is just getting an update that adds 25 Proud quests so I take it we're meant to get it piecemeal. Probably 25 quests per update like w/ the story quests.

EDIT: ah, notice says 1-50 are available to be unlocked

Famassu

Yeaaaah, no. Second Proud mode quest requires medals with a minimum guilt of 70% and is locked to Three Wishes.

EDIT: Hmmm, I guess if it doesn't get too hard, I guess I can manage with Jack Skellington.

1-8 were super easy due to 100% Jack + 100% Christmas Sora on Three Wishes and Divine Rose. 9 requires Starlight. I only have that at 21 and the 1.4x multipliers are gonna make these difficult. Heck, it has been so long since I used the blade that I still had a Stitch slotted into it!

Sölf

Terra and Aqua outfits don't give cost nodes right?

Nope, only your own avatar board you get by leveling up (or the ones you can buy for jewels from the get go) give cost nodes.

Ranked 3797 in the HSC and got Arielle. I don't have enough +25 Chips & Dales to fully buff her up... xD
Also, what skill should I put on her? I am thinking of Defense Boost 3 or one of the State+ skills, but I like the idea of finally having a good medals with a defense boost more. xD

Also, Proud Mode so far is easy, Thanks Guilted Moana + AoE normal attacks! :D

Famassu

Def Boost III definitely. Put some poison+ on some AOE medal that lowers defense by 1 tier for 1 turn, if you have one. Maximum damage.

I was able to get 2 Sebastian but nowhere close to Ariel. I also am only ~18k in Coli. I doubt I'll be able to hit top 10k for the 1 Cost skill. So much for the a usable 3 Tier boost. :/

Sölf

Welp, reached Proud Mode Chapter 13 and I am done. Requires Moogle'o'Glory. I don't even have 5 slots unlocked on that yet. Looks like I have to wait for the weekend and give those quests another try. They should at least be a bit easier with the WoFF medals.

And god, Lionsheart, give me a reverse Speed for once, I don't have any good upright speed medals. D:

So uh

What.

After some messing around we figured out the the actual condition is that boost medals have to be guilted, but what the hell is that condition supposed to mean? For the record, a guilted DiZ (which is tier 2) was allowed.

So uh

What.

After some messing around we figured out the the actual condition is that boost medals have to be guilted, but what the hell is that condition supposed to mean? For the record, a guilted DiZ (which is tier 2) was allowed.

I was confused myself when I did it, but an idea just came to me. Maybe it has to be guilted and boost the general/elemental attack/defense by 3 tiers?

Ilvocare

I was confused myself when I did it, but an idea just came to me. Maybe it has to be guilted and boost the general/elemental attack/defense by 3 tiers?

then why is christmas sora allowed

why is diz allowed

we went over this in discord, the condition is written like shit

then why is christmas sora allowed

why is diz allowed

we went over this in discord, the condition is written like shit

Welp, no idea then, it really is awfully written. I'm just happy that the conditions work the way they do instead of like the objectives so you aren't going in blind..But it has been 3-mickeyed anyways lol.

Now this mission using only single-target medals is a pain. I keep running out of gauge,

Ilvocare

As someone who's been F2P like, the whole game, I'm shocked at how "hard but fair" the proud mode quests have been. Granted those event medals make this entire thing SUPER possible, but once you get past guilt reqs on the first three quests the whole endeavor plays into the game's biggest strength: the puzzle aspect of setting up a good goddamn deck for the situation.

Which honestly makes me think that, like, the first couple hundred or so of normal mode quests are so boring purely because it's a relatively linear climb up to the top. Yet that can't be helped because a player's toolset at that point is super-limited...

And the worst part about this addition being legitimately fun is all the miles and miles of crap you have to sludge through just to be able to even come CLOSE to playing in it.

Quest 13 to, like, quest 18 I think? requires MoG to be at a pretty high level. Not +25, but close. That requires not only clearing the MoG materials quests but MASTERING them to get as many materials as possible.

But to do consistently well on those quests (without spending oodles of jewels on continues), you need at LEAST two, maybe even three high-level keyblades. +25 each and every one. And most likely a very competent friend medal to boot!

But to do THAT, you need to clear the Adamantite quests, which are raw power and APP checks. APP, specifically, is only obtainable during specific promotions and might as well be a limited resource. It helps if you just make one keyblade SUPER good and use it to clear multiple keyblades' quests to hoard the material, but a new player to the game would probably dedicate the Adamantite they get to the keyblades they received them for...

And of course to do THAT requires sludging through story mode, playing a couple of months, making multiple pulls, succeeding in obtaining multiple event medals and leveling to at LEAST 200 in order to nab cost nodes for your keyblades. Oh, and don't forget the premium boards! (which are admittedly infinitely easier to get now that they're cheap as all get-out)

It's a lot of 'ugh' to go through just to have fun for once in this game...

Anyways, I'm at quest 25 now in Proud Mode, and I just realized.

5+10+15+20=50 quests, 50 pieces of Electrum in order to hit +20 with Sleeping Lion, right? But the next 25 quests will... give 25 pieces, and if it costs 5 each to go from +20 to +25... that leaves 25 pieces of Electrum either left over OR spent on SL in order to bring it up to +30.

FAKE EDIT: Fuck, never mind. Going from 20 to 25 costs 10 Electrum each level, not 5...

Skittles

As someone who's been F2P like, the whole game, I'm shocked at how "hard but fair" the proud mode quests have been. Granted those event medals make this entire thing SUPER possible, but once you get past guilt reqs on the first three quests the whole endeavor plays into the game's biggest strength: the puzzle aspect of setting up a good goddamn deck for the situation.

Which honestly makes me think that, like, the first couple hundred or so of normal mode quests are so boring purely because it's a relatively linear climb up to the top. Yet that can't be helped because a player's toolset at that point is super-limited...

And the worst part about this addition being legitimately fun is all the miles and miles of crap you have to sludge through just to be able to even come CLOSE to playing in it.

Quest 13 to, like, quest 18 I think? requires MoG to be at a pretty high level. Not +25, but close. That requires not only clearing the MoG materials quests but MASTERING them to get as many materials as possible.

But to do consistently well on those quests (without spending oodles of jewels on continues), you need at LEAST two, maybe even three high-level keyblades. +25 each and every one. And most likely a very competent friend medal to boot!

But to do THAT, you need to clear the Adamantite quests, which are raw power and APP checks. APP, specifically, is only obtainable during specific promotions and might as well be a limited resource. It helps if you just make one keyblade SUPER good and use it to clear multiple keyblades' quests to hoard the material, but a new player to the game would probably dedicate the Adamantite they get to the keyblades they received them for...

And of course to do THAT requires sludging through story mode, playing a couple of months, making multiple pulls, succeeding in obtaining multiple event medals and leveling to at LEAST 200 in order to nab cost nodes for your keyblades. Oh, and don't forget the premium boards! (which are admittedly infinitely easier to get now that they're cheap as all get-out)

It's a lot of 'ugh' to go through just to have fun for once in this game...

Anyways, I'm at quest 25 now in Proud Mode, and I just realized.

5+10+15+20=50 quests, 50 pieces of Electrum in order to hit +20 with Sleeping Lion, right? But the next 25 quests will... give 25 pieces, and if it costs 5 each to go from +20 to +25... that leaves 25 pieces of Electrum either left over OR spent on SL in order to bring it up to +30.

FAKE EDIT: Fuck, never mind. Going from 20 to 25 costs 10 Electrum each level, not 5...
It takes 100 electrum to max out one proud mode keyblade. So you can max out a keyblade whenever you get a new one in proud mode, but some of the later quests may be far harder than the previous. So save your stuff unless you're certain

deanote666

Gold Member
I just beat level 50 in proud mode. I got all the mickey's for each one except level 42 due to the special requirements. I leveled up the new keyblade to level 16. Saving some of the new ore just in case.

Levl 42 only allows you to use medals that hit 8 times or more.

Famassu

These descriptions are indeed pretty silly. "Only special attacks that deal 1 or fewer hits allowed"

Fewer than 1? So are there medals in this game that don't attack at all? Just automagically suck HP off enemies without so much as a touch? :p

creid

These descriptions are indeed pretty silly. "Only special attacks that deal 1 or fewer hits allowed"

Fewer than 1? So are there medals in this game that don't attack at all? Just automagically suck HP off enemies without so much as a touch? :p
There aren't any medals that heal without attacking?

Does it matter if I use a speed medal or power medal on something for a magic medal?
Do you just get more exp if it matches it's own medal type or what? I don't entirely understand how it works.

EDIT:
Also just beat quest 200 and guilted my Classic Donald to 85%
I can raise it more right (I have a few more 5 star Classic Donalds) or does once it get a percentage, you can no longer get it higher?

Psxphile

Does it matter if I use a speed medal or power medal on something for a magic medal?
Do you just get more exp if it matches it's own medal type or what? I don't entirely understand how it works.
The slots on a keyblade have multipliers that boost a medal's attack power when slotted correctly. A glowing blue slot will boost a Magic (Blue) medal's power. It has nothing to do with leveling the medal or its skill. You can freely use any medal in a slot but not matching the color (and later, Upright and Reverse properties) will not boost the medal's power.

EDIT:
Also just beat quest 200 and guilted my Classic Donald to 85%
I can raise it more right (I have a few more 5 star Classic Donalds) or does once it get a percentage, you can no longer get it higher?

Yes, it can go up but the chance of it going higher will be the same as that of a fresh guilt. But at least it can never go back down (if the "reroll" process would have netted you a 47 when you already have 70, the guilt will remain at 70).

creid

If you're asking about leveling up a medal using other medals, then yes, using the same color medal gives an experience boost. Mostly you only want to use Huey, Dewey, or Louie medals to level your other medals up. Matching the color will give a boost, but using any of them gives a good amount of XP.

The slots on a keyblade have multipliers that boost a medal's attack power when slotted correctly. A glowing blue slot will boost a Magic (Blue) medal's power. It has nothing to do with leveling the medal or its skill. You can freely use any medal in a slot but not matching the color (and later, Upright and Reverse properties) will not boost the medal's power.

Yes, it can go up but the chance of it going higher will be the same as that of a fresh guilt. But at least it can never go back down (if the "reroll" process would have netted you a 47 when you already have 70, the guilt will remain at 70).

Oh no. I meant the leveling up medals.
Louie and the others.

If you're asking about leveling up a medal using other medals, then yes, using the same color medal gives an experience boost. Mostly you only want to use Huey, Dewey, or Louie medals to level your other medals up. Matching the color will give a boost, but using any of them gives a good amount of XP.
Cool thanks!

The Proud mode quests are actually pretty fun! It's honestly the first time I really got to consider my keyblade setup in ages.

I 3-Mickeyed the first 25 quests today. Will do the remaining 25 tomorrow.

Boogiepop

Long since jumped ship since I couldn't handle the grind, but the movie in 2.8 got me curious enough to jump back in and ask: any chance the end is even vaguely in sight yet, even in the Japanese version? Or heck, has the plot really moved much in general? (Got out around when the multiplayer update and stuff were first announced. The latest thing I can firmly remember happening is the start of the Beauty and the Beast world).

Psxphile

Long since jumped ship since I couldn't handle the grind, but the movie in 2.8 got me curious enough to jump back in and ask: any chance the end is even vaguely in sight yet, even in the Japanese version? Or heck, has the plot really moved much in general? (Got out around when the multiplayer update and stuff were first announced. The latest thing I can firmly remember happening is the start of the Beauty and the Beast world).

Japan hasn't even started Season 2 yet, I think. Or at least it hasn't gotten to anything juicy.

deanote666

Gold Member
Looks like we're getting our first tier 5 guilt medal tomorrow. Guaranteed 1 after 5 pulls I think. No guarantee of pips on the new medal.

Another 0 AP event is on the horizon too.

I have yet to guilt a tier 4... The most pips I have on a tier 4 is 2...

Alice and cat medal event on the horizon too.

Ilvocare

Looks like we're getting our first tier 5 guilt medal tomorrow. Guaranteed 1 after 5 pulls I think. No guarantee of pips on the new medal.

Another 0 AP event is on the horizon too.

I have yet to guilt a tier 4... The most pips I have on a tier 4 is 2...

Alice and cat medal event on the horizon too.

considering that J&S, Sephiroth, and Ariel are my only premiums and I have no pips on any of them, I'd consider that pretty lucky/good for you.

but yeah I was saving up jewels for this

the question is whether I should spend (and the all epics deal adds another motivator)

OR save even more

I'm tempted to go for the Key Art medal. 2 gauges, AoE, Deals 4 hits, Lowers targets Magic-based defense by 2 tiers for 1 turn. Sebastian SP1* + this Key Art + Moana + 2x 100% Donald sounds like tons of damage.

However, I think I'll hold strong for iKairi 2 because it is going to be so incredible.

I'm slowly inching towards top 10k for SP1. I'm at stage 62 right now and in the 11,300s. I'm scared I'll get stonewalled JUST before the threshold.

deanote666

Gold Member
I'm tempted to go for the Key Art medal. 2 gauges, AoE, Deals 4 hits, Lowers targets Magic-based defense by 2 tiers for 1 turn. Sebastian SP1* + this Key Art + Moana + 2x 100% Donald sounds like tons of damage.

However, I think I'll hold strong for iKairi 2 because it is going to be so incredible.

I'm slowly inching towards top 10k for SP1. I'm at stage 62 right now and in the 11,300s. I'm scared I'll get stonewalled JUST before the threshold.

I've been at the same round since the 1st. Even if I beat 1 more round, I would only go up one rank since I am at the "top" of that round and would go to the bottom of the next one..

My highest rank this month was 76 but have been pushed into the 3800's since. :k

Top Bottom