• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

chrono01

4 cost unlocks

Extra 4 cost slots. I can take a screenshot of one of the costume boards if you'd like?
Thanks, you two. I guess a flat 2x increase to everything would be a bit too much, haha.

And yes, a picture would be great Caim, if you don't mind. You also get Cid medal/unlocks with it too, right? I can use them on my 6* Cloud to bring his cost down?

I finally upgraded the Goofy Version B I have to 5*, but what's that purple symbol?

PSKMGPi.png

Caim

I finally upgraded the Goofy Version B I have to 5*, but what's that purple symbol?

PSKMGPi.png

Guilt. Once you fully max out the Special Attack on that medal you will get bonus damage to the skill. The moment you max it you'll get a roulette and it will land on a random number and that will be the bonus. That symbol means he has Medium Guilt so the maximum bonus is 50%. You can always redo the roulette by fusing another of the same 6* Goofy to try and get a higher bonus. It's pretty RNG though but on the bright side I don't think you can get a lower number.

Caim

Thanks, you two. I guess a flat 2x increase to everything would be a bit too much, haha.

And yes, a picture would be great Caim, if you don't mind. You also get Cid medal/unlocks with it too, right? I can use them on my 6* Cloud to bring his cost down?

Yeah you get a couple of Cid medals and some Chip/Dale too.

Falk

that puzzling face
pwVkrDu.png

The 500 ones are 3 cost, avatar, 5 cids, 3x (chip dale duckling), moogle

The 1000 ones are 3 cost, 3 avatar, 5 cids, 2x (chip dale), 3 ducklings, moogle

The 1500 ones are 4 cost, 3 avatar, 5 cids, 2x (chip dale), moogle

You get more or less the same amount of stuff, but the cheaper ones are padded with ducklings for 19 spots total vs 17 on the 1500s

If you don't care about the avatars themselves 500 is a better deal than 1000 (lol)

chrono01

Yeah you get a couple of Cid medals and some Chip/Dale too.
pwVkrDu.png

You get more or less the same amount of stuff, but the cheaper ones are padded with ducklings for 19 spots total vs 17 on the 1500s

If you don't care about the avatars themselves 500 is a better deal than 1000 (lol)

Thanks for this, I appreciate it!

I'll probably got for the 1500 one anyway. I need that outfit/hair.

Seil

I joined the fox team. Was that a mistake? Can android and ios play together?

Vulpes won last week's ranking, but most of GAF is on Unicornis.

I have a party for Vulpes gaffers, though, so if you leave your ID# I can send you an invite. It's very small at the moment, however.

Alternatively you could join the filthy unicorns at the cost of 100 gems =p

Edit: Oh and for the last question, yeah.

Falk

that puzzling face
Damnit. Have some medals I need from today's specials to evolve some medals but still missing Yen Sid. Have to wait till saturday D:

You can get Fairy Godmothers and Yen Sids from mission 174.

In fact, farming Fairy Godmothers I actually have a surplus of Yen Sids which I have to sell off.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Vulpes won last week's ranking, but most of GAF is on Unicornis.

I have a party for Vulpes gaffers, though, so if you leave your ID# I can send you an invite. It's very small at the moment, however.

Alternatively you could join the filthy unicorns at the cost of 100 gems =p

Edit: Oh and for the last question, yeah.

Thanks. I will probably switch over if everyone is there. I'm a bit confused about medals and leveling them up and max skilling them. Is there a more in depth guide out there?

Just started but I can't for the life of me figure out to to equip the new avatar board clothes I got from leveling up. They aren't showing up on the avatar editor screen

Caim

Just started but I can't for the life of me figure out to to equip the new avatar board clothes I got from leveling up. They aren't showing up on the avatar editor screen

Did you spend the avatar coins on the board to unlock them? After you do that they will show up in your outfit list.

Did you spend the avatar coins on the board to unlock them? After you do that they will show up in your outfit list.

Oh so I have to fill up the full board first? Thanks!

Edit: Oh no I see there's a specific spot on the board to unlock the accessory and outfit and stuff.

Visceir

You can get Fairy Godmothers and Yen Sids from mission 174.

In fact, farming Fairy Godmothers I actually have a surplus of Yen Sids which I have to sell off.

Which part of the mission is supposed to drop those? The boss? Or is there a chest?

Did today's 600 crystal pull and got Aerith (yay) and two more different Sora speed medals. Need to figure out which one of those 3 is the best one. I think they are Sora A version, Sora B version and Sora Limit Form.

Seil

Thanks. I will probably switch over if everyone is there. I'm a bit confused about medals and leveling them up and max skilling them. Is there a more in depth guide out there?

It's not that complex when you break it down, kind of. It'd probably be better to have pictures, but I'll throw something together here. There's probably something better out there, though.

Technical edit: In retrospect... It looks damn complex when you break it down, but it's really not that bad I swear! Sorry for the length of this @_@

---Levels and Basic Fusion---

First off there's levelling, which for the most part consists of feeding the base medal with Huey, Dewey or Louie medals, whichever matches the color. They provide significantly more experience than normal medals and that's their purpose. The cost of fusing medals increases with the base medal's level. Try to go from 1 to Max in one fusion, it's significantly cheaper that way.

---Evolving---

When a medal is at its current max level, it can be evolved. Evolving requires certain special medals depending on the rank and attribute of the medal:

1* = 1 Cheshire Cat
2* = 2 Merlins
3* = 3 Fairy Godmothers
4* = 2 Yen Sids and 2 4* Flora(Power), Fauna(Speed) or Merryweather(Magic)
5* = 3 Fantasia Mickey Ver. A & 2 5* Flora(Power), Fauna(Speed) or Merryweather(Magic)

---Special Attack Boosting---

After a medal is 3* or above, its special attack can be boosted by fusing it with a duplicate medal. This is displayed by small dots next to the medal's special attack. A 3* medal can have up to 1 dot, 4* can have 2, 5* can have 3 and 6* can have 5. There's one more factor here, Guilt, which comes later.

To add a dot, you have to feed a duplicate medal, this includes the medal's rank. So, feeding a 3* Rikku to a 3* Rikku gets you a dot. Feeding a 3* Rikku to a 4* Rikku will not. If you fuse two 6* Rikkus that have 2 dots each, you'll end up with one 6* Rikku with 5 dots. The four you already had are added together, and you get one for the fusion. One with 1 dot and one with 3 would have the same result.

The efficient way to go about this, if you're starting from 3* or below, is to start with 6 medals and:

1) Fuse two 3* medals to get one with a dot
2) Repeat with two other medals so you have two with a dot, and two without
3) Evolve all four to 4*
4) Fuse one with a dot and one without to get a 2 dot medal
5) Repeat with the other two
6) Evolve to 5* then 6*
7) Fuse the two 2 dot medals to get a 6* with 5 dots.

The goal in this situation is to fuse as early as you can while ending up with two 6* medals that have 2 dots, or one with 1 dot and one with 3, whatever. If you have medals starting out higher than 3*, you'd have to change it a little.

---Guilt---

But then there's Guilt. After you've finished mission 200, you unlock Guilt, which is kind of like a 6th dot for 6*s, but better. Problem is, you have to unlock it too. You could fuse another 6* duplicate with it... or I think you could change up the previous method to get you a 2 dot and 3 dot 6* to fuse together and jump straight to Guilt, if you've unlocked the feature. I need confirmation on that last part, as I can't actually test it. If that does work, then you should probably do the following, instead of what I just outlined:

1) Get 7 3* medals
2) Fuse 6 of these, to end up with three 3* with a dot, one without.
3) Evolve to 4*
4) Fuse one with a dot and the one without (You now have two with 1 dot, one with 2 dots)
5) Evolve to 5*
6) Fuse the two 1 dot medals (You now have one with 3 dots, one with 2)
7) Evolve to 6*
8) Fuse them, but only after you've unlocked Guilt

Certain medals have different Guilt ranges and when you unlock Guilt for a medal it rolls a number up to that medal's max. A Low Guilt medal caps at 25% I think, for example. You can re-roll the number by performing another duplicate fusion and I don't think you can get a lower number than you already have. Honestly, someone else can probably describe Guilt better than I can.

---Skills---

There are also Skills which can also be added to medals. Sometimes you'll get a medal with a skill, this is shown by an icon in the top right of the medal and displayed in the medal's info under its special attack. Skills can be things like attack/defense buffs, poisoning and so on. They have a chance of triggering when you attack with the medal and can level up by taking the medal on missions with you, I believe. If you attempt to feed a medal that has a skill to another, you can choose to try transferring the skill to it, but this can fail. I believe there are medals that exist for the purpose of transferring skills, too.

---"Boost" Medals---

Finally, one more way of improving your medals is by using special medals like Chip, Dale and Cid. Chip boosts the medal's attack, Dale boosts the medal's defense and Cid reduces the Cost of the medal when adding it to a Keyblade.

Falk

that puzzling face
Which part of the mission is supposed to drop those? The boss? Or is there a chest?

Did today's 600 crystal pull and got Aerith (yay) and two more different Sora speed medals. Need to figure out which one of those 3 is the best one. I think they are Sora A version, Sora B version and Sora Limit Form.

Most of the farm maps are a combination of bosses, chests, and prize pots. The regular mobs also occasionally drop silver loot, but if you're in a hurry you might as well skip them considering how generous AP is. edit: If a map has a sub-boss (the ones that appear in conditions e.g. Invisible, etc) they have a reasonable chance to drop gold loot too.

63 - Evo 1*
158 - Evo 2* (previously I typo'd this as 58. Apologies if anyone's been farming 58 lol)
174 - Evo 3* and 4*

Only gripe is that neither of the 3 drop blue XP medals, so I'm always short of blue XP.

I have all these 1* evolve medals but it doesn't seem worth it to evolve a 1*. Should I get rid of them or am I wrong in the worth of a 1*

Ken

I have all these 1* evolve medals but it doesn't seem worth it to evolve a 1*. Should I get rid of them or am I wrong in the worth of a 1*

If you think you're gonna use the character I'd just keep them? The resources to evolve them isn't too bad, and the alternative is trying to pull the same character but 3*+ which seems worse IMO.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's not that complex when you break it down, kind of. It'd probably be better to have pictures, but I'll throw something together here. There's probably something better out there, though.

Technical edit: In retrospect... It looks damn complex when you break it down, but it's really not that bad I swear! Sorry for the length of this @_@

MORE STUFF

Thanks for this - it definitely helps! A few points of clarification needed...

1) For special attack boosting, given that I'm still early on (mission 25), I should avoid evolving my 3* medals until I've fused 2~3* medals to get a 3* with a dot?

2) If you pull a medal that's 4*+, is there any reason to NOT evolve it right away? I'm assuming you'll need to get lucky to pull another 4*+ medal to start getting these dots on there.

3) Guilt is confusing. It sounds like special attack boosting, but it's being sold as a different system entirely?

4) So skills can be moved to the parent medal from the fodder if the fodder has a skill on it? Do you need to have a slot or something in order to transfer skills to the parent medal (so can a parent medal without a skill always earn a skill from a fodder medal)?

5) Boost medals sound like +eggs from PAD. Is this correct?

I'm contemplating buying the Alice costume/avatar because I <3 Alice. Can I eventually earn this or is it something I need to purchase to access?

Also, as someone who pretty much ONLY plays mobile/portable games, I have no remorse for spending a little money on them (people who know my history with PAD can attest to this). I was looking at the options I have...I can buy the 3000 gems w/access to all the special stages (for a week), or I can buy gems for a similar price with some free ticket of sorts. What are those tickets? And is having access to all the special stages (early on) even worth that cost of entry?

Falk

that puzzling face
Thanks for this - it definitely helps! A few points of clarification needed...

1) For special attack boosting, given that I'm still early on (mission 25), I should avoid evolving my 3* medals until I've fused 2~3* medals to get a 3* with a dot?

2) If you pull a medal that's 4*+, is there any reason to NOT evolve it right away? I'm assuming you'll need to get lucky to pull another 4*+ medal to start getting these dots on there.

3) Guilt is confusing. It sounds like special attack boosting, but it's being sold as a different system entirely?

4) So skills can be moved to the parent medal from the fodder if the fodder has a skill on it? Do you need to have a slot or something in order to transfer skills to the parent medal (so can a parent medal without a skill always earn a skill from a fodder medal)?

5) Boost medals sound like +eggs from PAD. Is this correct?

I'm contemplating buying the Alice costume/avatar because I <3 Alice. Can I eventually earn this or is it something I need to purchase to access?

Also, as someone who pretty much ONLY plays mobile/portable games, I have no remorse for spending a little money on them (people who know my history with PAD can attest to this). I was looking at the options I have...I can buy the 3000 gems w/access to all the special stages (for a week), or I can buy gems for a similar price with some free ticket of sorts. What are those tickets? And is having access to all the special stages (early on) even worth that cost of entry?

The simplest way to think about this is, evolving a 3* to a 4* is already a moderate pain in the ass. 4* to 5* and 5* to 6* are giant pains in the ass and should be done as few times as possible.

Here's the cheat sheet from page 39
6ZeY7wT.png

And the result (see the pips going from 2 to 5 at bottom right corner)
cGJaLvbl.png

Of course, this applies only to farmable medals, not gacha ones.

Gacha ones, best practice would be how lucky you get and even then the situation can change depending on dupes with future pulls.

edit

3) Guilt is indeed just additional multiplier for special attack. I guess the game needed a more concrete way to separate the rarity of medals into 3 tiers considering all medals can go up to 6* with patience

4) Skills CAN be moved, but it's a low percentage chance and should be avoided if at all possible. There are special medals (Scrooge) that apply a skill directly to a medal with 100% chance.

ackl

pwVkrDu.png

*right-click-image, save*

Thx Falk.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Do stat unlocks on the male and female versions on the avatar board count? I've been focusing exclusively on male.

EDIT: omg they do count! I've been short changing my stats for so long!!

creid

I gotta ask can I play between my phone and bluestacks back and forth with my saves as long as i have it synced up to facebook?
I asked earlier and someone told me its easy to switch back and forth, but I played for a bit on a second device and now it acts like my 1st device has never played the game before.

I asked earlier and someone told me its easy to switch back and forth, but I played for a bit on a second device and now it acts like my 1st device has never played the game before.

You just have to login with your Facebook every time you switch devices. No data or anything gets deleted on the device itself though.

Cybaster

The simplest way to think about this is, evolving a 3* to a 4* is already a moderate pain in the ass. 4* to 5* and 5* to 6* are giant pains in the ass and should be done as few times as possible.

Here's the cheat sheet from page 39
6ZeY7wT.png

And the result (see the pips going from 2 to 5 at bottom right corner)
cGJaLvbl.png

Of course, this applies only to farmable medals, not gacha ones.

Gacha ones, best practice would be how lucky you get and even then the situation can change depending on dupes with future pulls.

edit

3) Guilt is indeed just additional multiplier for special attack. I guess the game needed a more concrete way to separate the rarity of medals into 3 tiers considering all medals can go up to 6* with patience

4) Skills CAN be moved, but it's a low percentage chance and should be avoided if at all possible. There are special medals (Scrooge) that apply a skill directly to a medal with 100% chance.

I must add that the guilt is considered 6th dot for fusing, so that image is outdated. You want to add another dot before reaching 6*.

Be caution though, I read that if you attempt to fuse it before unlocking guilt, it will just go to waste.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys - I'll start spending some Avatar Coins.

So I'm confused on the whole party and union system.

• When I select a mission, I see a bunch of Donald medals to select, but once in a while I see a better/stronger medal. What determines that? Is there a traditional "friend's list" like in most other mobile games?
  • What is the purpose of a party and a union? I'm more than happy to switch unions if it means I'll gain some benefits.

RalchAC

• When I select a mission, I see a bunch of Donald medals to select, but once in a while I see a better/stronger medal. What determines that? Is there a traditional "friend's list" like in most other mobile games?
  • What is the purpose of a party and a union? I'm more than happy to switch unions if it means I'll gain some benefits.

That's precisely the purpose of a party. You will be able to use your party buddies medals and they will help you if you can't defeat a raid boss (they appear after you've completed a few quests).

I think there isn't any friend list.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Parties are important so you can get more raid bosses to fight. Raid bosses give insane XP. I literally leveled 4 times (from 95 to 99) in the last 5 minutes because of a few raid bosses up.

Boogiepop

Okay, the game FINALLY had mercy and gave me a Black Coat Riku... at 3 stars. How much would I screw myself currently evolving it once or twice in terms of efficiently getting dots?

Top Bottom