• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

I think doing 5 daily pulls is better, tbh. It's not that hard to get a character to 5* anyway.

Echoing this. Did my first 10 pull today, two 5* (KH Riku, Selphie), one 4* and a whole bunch of 3s I'll never evolve.

Daily pulls have gotten me at least one 5* each time I've tried.

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, the game FINALLY had mercy and gave me a Black Coat Riku... at 3 stars. How much would I screw myself currently evolving it once or twice in terms of efficiently getting dots?

For stuff like that I'd get it up to 6* ASAP, dots be damned. If you roll another, it's just getting another medal to 6 which is a pain but what can you do. If you don't, grats, you already have a 6* BCRiku which is immediately extremely useful.

And if you don't for a long time there's always mickey+broom medals for pip boosting.

eefara

For stuff like that I'd get it up to 6* ASAP, dots be damned. If you roll another, it's just getting another medal to 6 which is a pain but what can you do. If you don't, grats, you already have a 6* BCRiku which is immediately extremely useful.

And if you don't for a long time there's always mickey+broom medals for pip boosting.

I might have to do this as well, then. I pulled a 3* BCRiku and have been waiting to level him up/evolve him because I want the dots, but he's so useful...

Echoing this. Did my first 10 pull today, two 5* (KH Riku, Selphie), one 4* and a whole bunch of 3s I'll never evolve.

Daily pulls have gotten me at least one 5* each time I've tried.

Thats just rng though ya? I mean I could do 5 daily pulls and get all 3*.

Falk

that puzzling face
017A247.png

Vzrkkgg.png

This party is living the life in terms of friend medal choices for all 3 colors!

MicH

I just got my 6* Cloud maxed out in SA, but I didn't get any bonus dmg wheel when filling the last dot. Is it because I filled two at once? Or do I need to max his lvl?

eefara

yuEidd7.png

Is anyone else as happy as I am with the Album? It's really nice having a single place to view all the medals you've ever collected. :3 What's everyone else's percentages at?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm pretty sure there's a gaf Vulpeus party around here somewhere, especially since they won last week. Search through the last couple of pages here and you should find it.

Oh OK - I'll see how that goes.

Bought some gems and now I'm adorable with my Alice outfit. <3

Also got a 5* Valor Form Sora from my daily 3 pull. Feels good.

eefara

Oh OK - I'll see how that goes.

Bought some gems and now I'm adorable with my Alice outfit. <3

Also got a 5* Valor Form Sora from my daily 3 pull. Feels good.

Post your ID here in case the the gaf Vulpeus party leader is hanging around; then they can add you easily. :)

creid

You just have to login with your Facebook every time you switch devices. No data or anything gets deleted on the device itself though.
I'm not presented with an option to login with facebook, do I need to "migrate data" every time I switch devices? Or do I need to hit that other button that shows up earlier, "restore resources"?

eefara

How are you all taking screenshots? I want to show my first 6* but I can't figure out how (Android).

On my phone, at least, I just hold the home and power button down at the same time. The screenshots are huge, so I resize it before posting.

Pejo

I don't have a ton of people in my party on Vulpis, but if anyone wants a party invite, PM me your ID thing and I'll get you in asap.

Psxphile

There's also a gaf Anguis party with plenty of spots open~

You'd think we'd have filled those up by now.

If I were an artist I'd have the perfect comic response to all this: school auditorium setting, clubs wooing new members. 5 clubs in all and in a row (Unicornus and Vulpeus right next to each other, but only one has a line extending almost out the door. As they wait to be admitted, a BING-BONG is heard overhead and on an electronic banner above the stage there's a brief message that comes on: "VULPEUS WINS THE 1ST WEEK".

More than half of the people waiting in the Unicornus line, without so much as a fuss, uniformly take ONE HUGE STEP sideways and slide over into the Vulpeus line.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
GAF Guild Opening for any interested!

Sent you a message.

Also, I got Beast in my first daily pull yesterday. Didn't think much of him since he does fixed damage...After running a few of the dungeons with the egg dudes who take 1 damage per hit, I've realized that Beast is now a must include for those dungeons.

Psxphile

I've actually been receiving requests from (I assume) non-gaf members, but I haven't been accepting them in case anyone here would like to join.

Right. Keep it GAF only, even if the current climate suggests we might not reach the full 30 members anytime soon.

Boogiepop

Okay, so to trigger the guilt stuff for the first time: I have a nice 6star Wakka with 2 empty slots right now, and a lower level Wakka with a single dot currently that I intend to use to fill those in. Is that good enough, or do I need to add an extra dot to "overflow" into the other stuff or something?

Psxphile

I'm actually quite surprised: it's been over a week since launch and I haven't heard anything about server troubles, bugs and/or disconnect issues. Are all mobile releases with a huge audience ready to gobble it up this solid out the gate? Or is this just the norm? I'm new to the gacha fad.

Probably has something to do with the Japan releases, plenty of time to iron out kinks before debuting in NA.

creid

I'm actually quite surprised: it's been over a week since launch and I haven't heard anything about server troubles, bugs and/or disconnect issues. Are all mobile releases with a huge audience ready to gobble it up this solid out the gate? Or is this just the norm? I'm new to the gacha fad.

Probably has something to do with the Japan releases, plenty of time to iron out kinks before debuting in NA.
When I was playing on Android last week a had "an error occurred" several times, but it always worked after trying again. Hasn't happened to me yet on iPad.

Kinsei

Banned
This is by far the most fair free to play game I've ever played on mobile. In less than a week I've managed to do four daily pulls, buy all of the premium female costumes, and double the medal storage from 50 to 100 without spending a single cent on the game.

Now I just need to decide what to do with my remaining jewels (+ what I'll get from the daily bonus). I really want KHII Aerith and Vivi since they're basically DiZ for the other elements but I also really want the male premium outfits for the cost upgrades and booster medals.

Visceir

Now I just need to decide what to do with my remaining jewels (+ what I'll get from the daily bonus). I really want KHII Aerith and Vivi since they're basically DiZ for the other elements but I also really want the male premium outfits for the cost upgrades and booster medals.

Or just save them for future as new medals are guaranteed to be better than the old ones.

I imagine I'll be somewhat done with the game once I finish up the story stuff and and done some colosseum. Got no desire to put huge amounts of effort into grinding multiple dupes of the same medals to then fuse them as, again, the new upcoming units will be better anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Entered the 6* club as well thanks to the Power farming stages today.

I need to look into Cid buisness now since the costs are so high that i cant have a 2nd. 6* in my team yet.

Kitoro

Finished the story, and will have my first 6* tomorrow, but none of the currently available medals are any I'd be happy to take care and load up on Cid medals and other modifiers.

I'm just going to wait it out for the next batch of medals, where Jack Skellington and other very good medals should become available, and then I'll get serious about maxing medals. I'll just keep on stockpiling jewels until then.

I'm not presented with an option to login with facebook, do I need to "migrate data" every time I switch devices? Or do I need to hit that other button that shows up earlier, "restore resources"?
Yeah migrate data every time. It's not really a pain at all. Just make sure the app is closed on either the pc or phone before playing on the other and you'll be golden.

creid

Yeah migrate data every time. It's not really a pain at all. Just make sure the app is closed on either the pc or phone before playing on the other and you'll be golden.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I put too much time into the game to feel comfortable experimenting with my save data.

Caim

Is the power bangle buff activated when you fuse two 6* medals together?

You get the Power Bangle at mission 200 but after that you can trigger Guilt (the 6th special attack dot) when you max out a 6* medal. You'll get a roulette that will determine the special attack bonus of the medal.

Boogiepop

You get the Power Bangle at mission 200 but after that you can trigger Guilt (the 6th special attack dot) when you max out a 6* medal. You'll get a roulette that will determine the special attack bonus of the medal.
To confirm, fusing a one dot into a six star that's missing two dots WOULD trigger this and I don't need to overkill with an extra dot, yeah?

Permanently A

Finally got to 6* my black coat riku and 5* the other one. Should have plenty time left to hopefully max out the first one and then work on Sora/Aerith when speed medal dailies open.

I'm in the same club as you, I have two Black Coat Rikus and I can't decide if keeping them separate or combining them is better. What say you, GAF?

Falk

that puzzling face
If you have two and not enough other great red units to fill out the rest, I don't see why you wouldn't keep them separate. More than two might be problematic though since you DO need AOE. Especially for farming Guard Armor.

Top Bottom