• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

chrono01

A maxed out Wakka is actually awesome for farming Guard Armor if you also have a single target nuke.

1-gauge ok-ish AOE is perfect for whittling down the other components while your single target nukes them one by one to stun.
Thanks, I'm definitely going to level two Wakka, one to keep at Level 1/6* for XP grinding and another to max-skill.

Kain

Did I do gud?

DVyRM0y.jpg

N30RYU

Gold Member
i need help understanding how some things work.

How do you lower cost of medals? I've seen some screenshots here of Black Coat Riku with a 46-10 cost. How I do that?

Also I don't quite understand how the skills can be "added" to a character, and how you can level them up to 10/10

Thx

#TeamUnicorn

Kinsei

Banned
Did I do gud?

DiZ is great.

i need help understanding how some things work.

How do you lower cost of medals? I've seen some screenshots here of Black Coat Riku with a 46-10 cost. How I do that?

Also I don't quite understand how the skills can be "added" to a character, and how you can level them up to 10/10

Thx

#TeamUnicorn

Cid medals. You get them from the premium outfits, some of the proud quests, and the coliseum.

No clue about skills. I don't have a single one.

They level up gradually from using them in combat, there doesn't seem to be a way to know specifically how long until the next level or anything.

I decided that instead of doing a 3000 Jewel 10-pull, I'm going to tempt fate and go with 5 days worth of 600 Jewel 3-pulls.

For my first pull I got: 4* Red Goofy Ver. B, 4* Red DiZ, 3* Red Bambi.

I did my final pull just now:

Second pull: 5* Blue KH II Leon Ver. A, 4* Green Hayner, 3* Green Tifa
Third pull: 5* Blue KH II King Mickey, 5* Red DiZ, 4* Red Captain Goofy
Fourth pull: 4* Green Limit Form Sora, 4* Red Mushu, 3* Red Pence w/ Attack Boost I
Fifth pull: 5* Blue Auron, 4* Blue KH II Leon Ver. A, 4* Blue KH Yuffie

Four 5*s, Eight 4*s and Four 3*s. Damn good results, imo.

---

Red team is solid with a mix of ST and AoE:
5* Diz, 4* Captain Goofy, 4* Goofy Ver. B, 4* Young Hercules

Blue team needs some ST badly, but is beastly strong otherwise:
5* Diz, 5* KH II King Mickey, 4* KH II Leon Ver. A, 5* KH II Leon Ver. A, 5* Auron

Green team is my weakest, both in terms of characters and the fact they are all ST:
5* Diz, 4* Stitch, 4* Hayner, 4* Limit Form Sora.

RalchAC

Can somebody remind me where to farm 2* medals?

I did my final pull just now:

Second pull: 5* Blue KH II Leon Ver. A, 4* Green Hayner, 3* Green Tifa
Third pull: 5* Blue KH II King Mickey, 5* Red DiZ, 4* Red Captain Goofy
Fourth pull: 4* Green Limit Form Sora, 4* Red Mushu, 3* Red Pence w/ Attack Boost I
Fifth pull: 5* Blue Auron, 4* Blue KH II Leon Ver. A, 4* Blue KH Yuffie

Four 5*s, Eight 4*s and Four 3*s. Damn good results, imo.

---

Red team is solid with a mix of ST and AoE:
5* Diz, 4* Captain Goofy, 4* Goofy Ver. B, 4* Young Hercules

Blue team needs some ST badly, but is beastly strong otherwise:
5* Diz, 5* KH II King Mickey, 4* KH II Leon Ver. A, 5* KH II Leon Ver. A, 5* Auron

Green team is my weakest, both in terms of characters and the fact they are all ST:
5* Diz, 4* Stitch, 4* Hayner, 4* Limit Form Sora.

Seems like it was worth for you in the end :D

Congrats!

Falk

that puzzling face
You could try farming up a maxed Rikku.

Her special attack is 3 gauge, but it's AOE and most DPS checks require 1-turn unloads anyway.

Skulldead

I'm about to get Vivi on 6*.....his special is so good, I know Diz is the same for power build, but who got that skill on speed medal ?

quesalupa

Does your current level have anything to do with what medals you pull? I haven't had time to play the game a lot but have been doing the daily pull. Don't wanna sabotage myself.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm having a lot of trouble deciding which medals to keep, which to sell... i'm upgrading my storage a lot but i just can't keep on top of it very well. the most frustrating part of this game for me

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got my 2nd 6* today with Auron. Only one more green colored but im having trouble to decide which one. Not that i can have 3 6* in one team anyway...

Does your current level have anything to do with what medals you pull? I haven't had time to play the game a lot but have been doing the daily pull. Don't wanna sabotage myself.

No - its just RNG no matter which level you are. Good luck on your pulls.

Kinsei

Banned
I now have enough keyblade cost to have two 6*, one 5*, and two 4* medals on a single keyblade.

plRXroy.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're kind of rare. I got one in my 3rd daily pull, but I'm inclined to believe they ONLY drop from gacha medals.

You can also get skills from the coliseum. The current coliseum board has attack up 1 and defense up 1.

All these duplicates I think I should start leveling and merging these medals just so I can have space. Why did I listen to those who said buy the Riku outfit first.

Internets

So about those Special Abilities that say like, 1.5x and 7 hits. Does that mean 1.5x damage times 7? Or 1.5x damage spread over 7 hits?

Boogiepop

Is there any rhyme or reason to when the munny specials show up? Thought I was good when I got up to around a million, but it's depleting quickly...

Omnicent

So about those Special Abilities that say like, 1.5x and 7 hits. Does that mean 1.5x damage times 7? Or 1.5x damage spread over 7 hits?

Each move has some base damage (it varies per special skill).

For instance my Auron does about 2k damage twice, while my king mickey did 5k once.
Both are considered "extremely powerful hits". The only way to know the base is to test things out.

The multiplier I assume applies to the base damages of a special skill.
Hits are then added in.

For instance my Black Coat Riku was doing around 1k at Lv.80 5* and at Lv.1 6* (a bit more since the multiplier increased).

He went from 7 hits to 11 hits (from 7k to 11k damage dealt).

I'd assume it's something like base damage * multiplier * #hits (you can also just do damage being dealt per hit and not have to worry about base damage * multiplier)
I'm not sure if guilt is multiplicative or additive to the ability multiplier.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Are you starting to understand why I kept pushing you to buy outfits and up your cost limit?
I've purchased almost every AP, HP and cost orbs of both non premium male and female characters... (avoiding some cosmetics). So i'm interested in what order I should follow buying premium outfits to get the most cost points.

the cost x4 of the premium outfits means that there are 4 cost orbs +1 each?

I have right now 116 cost.

Permanently A

Is it worth upgrading Tinkerbell to 6 Star? Does the only real difference is the damage?

Yeah I have 5 star too, wouldn't upgrade it. Since the cost of 6* is so high and we can't farm Cids yet, plus no daily jewel missions to work on getting those outfits, I wouldn't 6* anything unless its your primarily damage dealer.

Are you starting to understand why I kept pushing you to buy outfits and up your cost limit?

I definitely appreciate the advice. I've now pretty much maxed out every piece of clothing, other than the ones I haven't unlocked yet, and I've got enough cost for three 6* and two 5* medals. AND I STILL WANT MORE

Internets

Alright thanks for the info!

Another question, what's the multiplier for attribute bonuses/weakness? Is it .5 or .75 or something? Due to my lack of medals, im trying to find out if it's worth it to use a 6000 strength medal of weak attribute over 3000 strength of strong attribute

cw_sasuke

Yes - i just added my 2nd 6* to my main team and now it will take quite a while before i can add another one to my squad. At least that gives me a bit time to figure out which units i wanna ascend.

Boogiepop

Ugh, I'm officially out of munny. This sucks. Is there any way of knowing when that event will next pop up, or do I just need to keep constantly checking?

cw_sasuke

I definitely appreciate the advice. I've now pretty much maxed out every piece of clothing, other than the ones I haven't unlocked yet, and I've got enough cost for three 6* and two 5* medals. AND I STILL WANT MORE

What does your main Starlight Keyblade team look like ? Running 3 6* already is impressive :eek:
I pulled a Kh II Riku black coat 5* on the daily! My life is complete
Nice - congrats - he is a beast.

Wortany

Started this as well a few days ago. Strangely fun and for now very generous in playtime compared to most mobile games.

I got lucky with my first 2 3-pulls gaining me, 3 five-stars and 3 four-stars. So everything seems very easy up to the point I am now (Story 70). And although it's easy for now, the roaming-battle system has me hooked.

Malyse

Now that you have 6* medals, you can go ahead and unlock the rest of the premium outfit medal nodes. The Cids, Chips, and Dales are best used on 6* medals.

What does your main Starlight Keyblade team look like ? Running 3 6* already is impressive :eek:

6mum8K8l.jpg

Yuna is definitely my weakest link right now, but her special is leveled and I just have no other decent Blue characters.

I've spent a lot of time working on my team though. I'm still only on quest 176, mostly because I end up spending my stamina on constant EXP and Evolve Medal runs.

chrono01

I already have Sora' outfit (male), and now I'm debating grabbing Riku's as well. Those AP cost slots are too valuable. I do have more than 3000 orbs, but I've only done a single ten-pull so I'm not sure if I should do more. I kind of want to wait for the next batch of medals to be released, since the current ones (outside of a handful) aren't exactly in the upper tiers. Plus, with more gatcha-exclusive medals in the pool, there (should) be less chance to pull the farmable/story ones.

I already have Sora' outfit (male), and now I'm debating grabbing Riku's as well. Those AP cost slots are too valuable. I do have more than 3000 orbs, but I've only done a single ten-pull so I'm not sure if I should do more. I kind of want to wait for the next batch of medals to be released, since the current ones (outside of a handful) aren't exactly in the upper tiers. Plus, with more gatcha-exclusive medals in the pool, there (should) be less chance to pull the farmable/story ones.

You're right.

And you're too damn quiet, speak up!

chrono01

And you're too damn quiet, speak up!
I will try!

I really want to work on my story missions, but I purchased the weekly unlock, so I've mostly been grinding Munny and XP/evolution material. I still have until the end of the month until the 1/2 AP event ends, I'm sure I'll have everything completed before then!

botty

Banned
I like this game, I just really feel like it has no true importance to the series so far. I mean... Surely the story missions don't. One cool thing that did occur was the moogle building his own gummi ship and saying he will use it to sell across worlds. This game should explain little things like that more often... I'm not at mission 100 yet so maybe it does. As of now though, it feels so non-canon that even Coded feels incredibly important.

eefara

I like this game, I just really feel like it has no true importance to the series so far. I mean... Surely the story missions don't. One cool thing that did occur was the moogle building his own gummi ship and saying he will use it to sell across worlds. This game should explain little things like that more often... I'm not at mission 100 yet so maybe it does. As of now though, it feels so non-canon that even Coded feels incredibly important.

Not yet. :( Chirithy talks a little about his birth, though.

Top Bottom