• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kitase: Would people REALLY want a FF6 remake with turn-based battles?

SkyOdin

They would have to do a better job than FFIV's DS remake, but I would love a solid 3DS remake of my favorite Final Fantasy game. I hope they lay off the unnecessary post-game additions though.

Only if it's for the 3DS/PSVita and maybe the home console.

Otherwise, if it's iOS only, not particularly interested.

FFIV DS is still my favorite version over the PSP collection and iOS.

hiryu64

YES.

YES I DO WANT THAT

YES ABSOLUTELY.

Oh man with orchestrated remixes of the classic tracks, oh man...it would be amazing.

Edit: Oh, also... FFVI's style is super distinctive and to this day unlike anything else in JRPGs. Please, when you 'reimagine' its visual style, you retain its dark, steampunk-like direction.

Only thing I would add to this is for Dave Wittenberg to reprise his role as Kefka. That man absolutely nailed Kefka in Dissidia.

EDIT: Oh, and a full-budget modern remake, please. None of that chibi FF3 or upscaled iOS port crap.

Moxx19

Banned
JLijS.gif

I wouldn't really want another chibi 3D remake on the 3DS like FF3 or 4. Something on a home console with pastel cell shaded models based off of Amano's designs could be beautiful, though.

sn00zer

Does this mean delaying FF15 and KH3 (yes of course it does) then HELL NO....because
A) Hardcore arent going to like the changes or artstyle or whatever
B) Non Square fans wont buy FF6 when FF15 is coming out

Toth

It wouldn't sell the amount that a HD port would require. That and I rather see something new than 6 again.

Edit: it could work as a 3ds game though.

kvn

Remake it with lightning costumes for everyone and everything. I want trees with her fuck stupid face and dolphins wearing her fuckest stupidest dress.

Eusis

I'd love to have an FFVI-styled game made with current-gen values, I'd actually kind of prefer it not be FFVI explicitly or even a spin-off.

But I kinda want them to do FFV correctly first. Just make something for 3DS or whatever and ignore the iOS thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't mind a 3DS or Vita remake. For some reason, I feel like as soon as I try to track down a copy of FF6 or get it off a digital service, a new port or remake will be announced.

Orayn

Full-test HD remake? Amazing(ly unlikely.)
Something like the DS remakes? Rad as heck, please do it.
Fugly iOS/Android remake? I'd rather not.

Replicant

They need to improve the story, especially the ending if they want to do this. The story ended too abruptly although not as hanging as FFVII.

Verendus

Banned
Remake them for Vita (or 3DS) that way it won't take 7 years to come out.
If it was ever re-made, it'd be for a handheld or iOS. You'd never see a remake for a FF game other than FF7 on a next generation platform. They won't ever bother with that.

Ath

Would gladly take a 3DS remake of VI. Especially since I've given up all hope of a 3DS remake of V :(

Final Fantasy VI has a lot to gain from being remade, but only if as much effort is put into it as the PS1 Final Fantasies. VI is the first entry in the VI~IX era, but the hardware didn't allow for much in the way of presenting events and the storytelling is very much a product of its time. It could be fleshed out. FFVI should be remade with the production values of Type 0, including FMV to depict certain important story events. Unfortunately, this will likely end up on 3DS although I would have liked to have seen this on Vita. Hopefully Square would release a multiplat.

Luthos

Remake VI? No, to me it's one of those games that doesn't need to be remade. I love it as is.

But I do want them to know that some new games with the similar turn-based combat system would be welcomed.

It seems like some of you didn't read the BOLD. He said "current gen", nothing about iOS or Android.

And the answer is YES PLEASE.

And FFXII HD too :) Thanks!

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Change thread title to "Do you want to go back to ATB?"
The answer is No.

If we're talking a current-gen tech remake of VI or VII, or whatever, answer is still no: I love those games, i played them an incredible amount of times, and i don't really want them over a new FF.

But i'd very much like fantasy instead of sci-fi, thank you.

Seanspeed

Banned
I've thought long and hard about this(no joke).

No, I dont want a remake. I want it forever to remain untarnished in my memory. Is it impossible to improve on it? Probably not. But its not worth risking. This is the best game ever made and any stain on its name should be punishable by public hanging.

Burt

Yes. HELL FUCKING YES YEYSEYSYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

With the studio and talent that SE currently has?

No. Not at all.

SYNTAX182

I kinda just want them to make a new FF in a similar vein. Not keep remaking the classics and then putting out some arpg, jkpop stuff. The series needs a change of pace back to a fantasy setting.

Thorakai

Finish the games you have on your slate and figure out HD development before running the risk of tarnishing the legacy of past Final Fantasies.

Top Bottom