• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kitase: Would people REALLY want a FF6 remake with turn-based battles?

Eusis

FUCK no.

They'll ruin it.
This is part of why I'd rather they just made a FFVI styled game. Try to recreate the look and feel of that world and that kind of story, and make a new FF(XVI?) with it. FFVI itself, well, just get the SNES and GBA versions up on VC as soon as you can.

aceldama

Banned
Absolutely NOT. These things don't need to be remade. The gameplay is fine, and there is no need to improve on the graphics, since... the gameplay is fine.

Stay away!

Verendus

Banned
Also, I know exactly what project he's referring to with this hypothetical question, but I'll hold my tongue for now. He's a smart man, I'll give him that. Maybe in a few months time.

Remake VI? No, to me it's one of those games that doesn't need to be remade.

With all of the bugs and a lot of underutilized characterization for many of the cast, it could do with a bit of updating. Since the game is also emotionally driven, 3D models would also serve it well in that regard

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Poor Final Fantasy V.

Make something like FF6? Sure.

A remake of FF6 from modern day Square? They couldn't do it.
This person said what I came here to say. As usual. :)

Though, ah.

and this is just hypothetical, so don't read too much into this... a game like FFVI... Make it into a current-gen game? Would users be OK with it in that turn-based style?
I know I would still be interested in a turn-based style, yes.

YES and keep it turn based (or something like FFXIV at the very least)

Well the discussion was about whether if Square Enix were to release a turn-based FF on next gen consoles, if people would buy it (because their were questions as to whether people still want turn-based) and if perhaps it were FFVI would that appeal to people.

Seanspeed

Banned
YES and keep it turn based (or something like FFXIV at the very least)

Keep it turn-based? KEEP IT TURN BASED?

The fuck? Is there any other option? Something like FFXIV??!?!?!?! Dude, I will come over and...............well.........I'll come over and eat all your food and be really annoying. This will not stand.

You know what, if it has Amano's art, like directly has his art represented in a their next-gen game engine, then yes, I would very very much like that.

Fat Goron

bOWgmTN.png

Years ago I would have said yes. It's my favorite FF game.

However now, as almost a defense mechanism, I can't bring myself to care. If it did come out it would either look RPG-Maker like the FF5 remake, or it would be all Amano style like the Dissidia games. Neither option interests me as the first looks amateur as crap and the second looks nothing like the game I built so many memories on.

I'd rather just have new games from the current square.

Epcott

For iOS, no.

For PS360WiiU, yes.

In super deformed visuals, no.

In HD with FXIV/FFXIII visuals, yes.

Square: Ahhhh... iOS it is!

DieH@rd

Banned
For PS4? yes
For mobile/browser? FUCK NO

If they are smart, they would give Eidos a chance to create numbered FF game.

Exentryk

Don't they already know how much people want FFVII? Why would FFVI demand be any different, if only a little less?

Top Bottom