• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 FREE on New Zealand PSN

Planet

Read the post again.
He is probably ranking "competent" in the 7ish range, aka Shit Sux...

ruCBmdi.png

Wasn't Yakuza 5 "free" a few years ago as well? I never got my license revoked for that game either. The only case I can remember where Sony revoked licenses from a price error was with the Fallout 4 Season Pass.

It was scheduled as a PS+ game, but went up a month early, so Plus subscribers were going to get it anyway. I'm not sure if it was available to non-subscribers as well.

tzare

I got it for my kids. They thought it sucked.

my 6 y.o daughter likes it, though. Opinions.

I find it dull, but okayish gameplay wise. This games aren't my cup of tea though, like Mario and sonic. I find them boring.

Some people won't forgive the first game sold more than Mario i guess, or that it got a sequel and insertgamehere didn't.

F34R

I think of you delete the game, you won't be able to reinstall it without buying it.

I hooked up a new ps4 pro last night. I originally "purchased" and downloaded this game on an original PS4. I signed into my NZ acct on the PS4 Pro this morning, was able to put it as the primary console, went online to the store > Library, and downloaded the complete game and soundtrack without an issues.

I'm having way too much fun with this game on Very Hard. It's gotten to the point where I kinda regret getting it for free. Then again, I did pre-order the first game, and I did plan to get this one down the line, but saving $40 is not a bad deal (and I'll be able to pick up Steamworld Dig 2 for the Vita when it's out).

ZeroX03

Banned
Considering Sony's account management database apparent mess of a structure, perhaps it is difficult to determine whether or not a license was 'purchased'.

It's been done before with Fallout 4's season pass, a third party product. In most other similar situations Sony usually just eats the cost and moves on. There's been quite a few free games given out and not revoked.

Took four days for FO4's pass to get revoked.

JP

I'm often surprised on here that so many people aren't aware of the + & . gmail options. I do wish that more people used these options to improve the security of account access.

What I've actually done is to set up more than one email account which I set up with a randomly generated dicewear address, such as.

iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson@gmail.com

I'd also recommend not simply using things like...
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+playstation@gmail.com
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+xbox@gmail.com
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+neogaf@gmail.com

Because if your email address is included in a data breach somewhere it makes it easier for people try brute forcing your login deta.ls for other sites. It's still more complicated than just using a simple gmail address but I do like to make it as difficult as possible for people.

If you don't want to make it too complex then you can do something like this. This sort of thing is pretty good if you're having to type the email address often.
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+31.xBOx.26.aCC0nT.1@gmail.com

If you really want to complicate it for others then it's best to completely randomise it so you end up with something like.
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+y6Urq34VFtUt78XgvE@gmail.com

Obviously, people really should be using a password generator anyway. There are many out there that people would recommend, the one I use is probably obvious from my avatar. I'm not going to name it though as it's going to look like I work for them or something, which I don't.

Harmen

I'd put Knack 2 above my favourite Lego game (Marvel), the combat is deeper, the platforming is more engaging and it offers up a surprising amount of variety.

Yes, Lego Marvel is my favourite Lego game and 5 hours into Knack 2 I'd put Knack 2 above it if it holds up. I like Lego games but there are some significant factors in those holding them back for me. If anything, Knack 2 shows how a game can succesfully offer an experience both accesible for little kids and challenging for adults, with way better gameplay mechanics. But I remain by my stance that Knack 2 has far more in common with the God of War titles than with Lego titles.

Don't know about Knack 1, never played it and probably never will.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Actually it was there just moments ago (few mins) when i saw your post.

Weird, giphy just gave me a webm I think, maybe its a mobile/desktop thing. Anywho, reuploaded.

BigEmil

I'm often surprised on here that so many people aren't aware of the + & . gmail options. I do wish that more people used these options to improve the security of account access.

What I've actually done is to set up more than one email account which I set up with a randomly generated dicewear address, such as.

I'd also recommend not simply using things like...
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+playstation@gmail.com
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+xbox@gmail.com
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+neogaf@gmail.com

Because if your email address is included in a data breach somewhere it makes it easier for people try brute forcing your login deta.ls for other sites. It's still more complicated than just using a simple gmail address but I do like to make it as difficult as possible for people.

If you don't want to make it too complex then you can do something like this. This sort of thing is pretty good if you're having to type the email address often.
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+31.xBOx.26.aCC0nT.1@gmail.com

If you really want to complicate it for others then it's best to completely randomise it so you end up with something like.
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+y6Urq34VFtUt78XgvE@gmail.com

Obviously, people really should be using a password generator anyway. There are many out there that people would recommend, the one I use is probably obvious from my avatar. I'm not going to name it though as it's going to look like I work for them or something, which I don't.
Added to notes this should be useful thanks never heard about this before

Blam

I don't get the people who are trying to put down the guys who are saying that getting it for free wasn't morally wrong. Is it not the exact same as the Amazon Price Glitches? Are those magically morally right to do, but getting a game for free on PSN isn't?

Unless these are both the same groups I'm pretty confused.

Van Bur3n

I don't get the people who are trying to put down the guys who are saying that getting it for free wasn't morally wrong. Is it not the exact same as the Amazon Price Glitches? Are those magically morally right to do, but getting a game for free on PSN isn't?

Unless these are both the same groups I'm pretty confused.

It's immoral when you do it against their favorite company Sony.

Top Bottom