• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi's new game teased during MN9 panel at PAX?

Figure maybe this will help shed some light on the project...this came from a Castlevania fan-page on Facebook, later reposted on the Castlevania Dungeon.

piGzsjB.png

I think the deal is sealed on it being IGA's game.
That is some mighty detective work

Can't wait to see how this shapes up

Figure maybe this will help shed some light on the project...this came from a Castlevania fan-page on Facebook, later reposted on the Castlevania Dungeon.

piGzsjB.png

Holy shit. Godlike way to tease a game, damn.

Definitely willing to back this.

Foffy

Banned
If he is doing an Igavania then hopefully he'll get Kojima and Yamane back on board.

I know Igarashi promised Yamane any composing efforts to later Castlevania games after she left the company...that was before Konami wanted to move away from the "effeminate" music style she offered the series and Igarashi was replaced. ):

I would assume she'd be more than willing to work on this if she's not busy with other things. No idea of Kojima.

Both of them are freelance, aren't they? It'd be great if they got on board.

That seems to be the case with Yamane since she's recently worked on Skull Girls. But I haven't heard anything about Kojima in quite some time. Her wiki says that she did some art for Dynasty Warrior 7's artbook in 2011. And that's apparently the last gaming related project that she's worked on.

CentroXer

Banned
the old gang goes back making a "castlevania" type of game while konami wastes the franchise on mediocre developers like mercuarySteam.

CO_Andy

Personally i'd prefer Igarashi hire the artist from Order of Ecclesia, but Kojima's okay.

Some of her original designs can be a bit uninspiring (so many white hair protags). Her work really shines when she's using somebody else's design.

Personally i'd prefer Igarashi hire the artist from Order of Ecclesia, but Kojima's okay.

Some of her original designs can be a bit uninspiring (so many white hair protags). Her work really shines when she's using somebody else's design.

Seconded. I'm also not a fan of her tiny headed characters. Her technique though is gorgeous, if sometimes repetitive.

OoE had great Masaki Hirooka art.

I would love an Iga game on my Vita.

Mikami making not Resident Evil.
Inafune making not Mega Man.
And now Igarashi making not Castlevania.

I hope Murayama opts to make not Suikoden.

piGzsjB.png

Really excited to see what comes out of this.

piGzsjB.png

Holy smokes...!.. KS means KickStarter right?

Jaeger

Instantly funded. I would pay hundreds to secure a copy, and any wonderful artbooks and the like with it.

Please get Kojima to do the art.

clem84

Gold Member
There was already a thread for this but I think most people didn't even notice it.

So, during Mighty No. 9 panel at PAX you could grab one these weird flyers. Those pics, that description... this could really be IGA's new game.

So we don't know for sure if this is his new game?

ZeroX03

Banned
Stage based Castlevania please. Go back to the roots. I want an action game, not a backtracking adventure.

If it's Iga, it's Metroidvania. It's what he's known for and the bulk of his Castlevania work. Maybe something along the lines of OoE at best.

piGzsjB.png

WHOA

WHOA

PLS STOP THE TEASING, MY BODY IS MORE THAN READY

Foffy

Banned
If it's Iga, it's Metroidvania. It's what he's known for and the bulk of his Castlevania work. Maybe something along the lines of OoE at best.

Igarashi also wants to make games fans of his work expect of him. That all but assures his next game is a Metroidvania. He literally left Konami to continue making these types of games, as Konami thought he was better fit for casual and social games.

Goody

Very cool. If these guys are smart, they'll start the Kickstarter on the first of October and let it run through Halloween, capitalizing on a time of year where I'd wager many people revisit the Castlevania series. I know I do. In fact, Konami themselves may do the same, Nintendo permitting, re-releasing the GBA games or SNES Dracula X through the Wii U Virtual Console.

I'm assuming this might be something Inti Creates might be working on with Igarashi. If true, that'd be a great opportunity to do something like they did with Gunvolt. Maybe we'll have a CastleMania that is a Metroidvania game and an NES styled platformer to coincide with the release. Through Beck in there for the heck of it and call it Mighty Castlemania.

Foffy

Banned
Can't wait to see what Iga comes up with from scratch.

I wonder what the main villain will be. I know Igarashi had ideas for a Castlevania game without Dracula on any major level. I would imagine he can very easily retrofit those ideas into a new, standalone title.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I wonder what the main villain will be. I know Igarashi had ideas for a Castlevania game without Dracula on any major level. I would imagine he can very easily retrofit those ideas into a new, standalone title.

Lottery Man. Game ends when he wins the lottery and quits being evil.

Top Bottom