• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami preparing for the next MGS

liquidtmd

Banned
The world: Hideo Kojima?! At this time of year?!? In this part of the country!? : Localized entirely within your business after all that's happened?

Konami: Oh Yes! Kojima still works for us. He's right on-board with us!

The world: Can we see him?

Konami: Errm No

12.jpg

Katori

Guessing it'll be an Assassin's Creed style sequel that comes out Fall 2017 that is almost mechanically identical to MGSV with some new minor mechanics and new weapons/vehicles/buddies.

This would be fine. Especially if it moved out of the pre-MG time period and into the post-MGS4 time period, that way it doesn't touch Kojima's legacy at all
for those who don't want it to.

Barakov

Gold Member
I have no doubt there's a group of talented people out there that can make a great MGS without Kojima. But the current Konami, with it's mobile first strategy, is not that group.

Alo0oy

Banned
Guessing it'll be an Assassin's Creed style sequel that comes out Fall 2017 that is almost mechanically identical to MGSV with some new minor mechanics and new weapons/vehicles/buddies.

I'd take a game that is mechanically identical to MGS5 over something Konami shits out by themselves.

Interesting to ser where the direction of the franchise goes. I'm hoping for more silliness, more cutscenes and wouldnt mind a "linear" experience

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Here's last season's Kojima, enjoying his vacation!

hqdefault.jpg

It's from Running Man in case you don't get the joke.

The world: Hideo Kojima?! At this time of year?!? In this part of the country!? : Localized entirely within your business after all that's happened?

Konami: Oh Yes! Kojima still works for us. He's right on-board with us!

The world: Can we see him?

Konami: Errm No

12.jpg

Both 10/10. Marvellous.

McLovin

Konami's only hope at getting more money out of the MGS series is to redo all the older games in the fox engine. I would totally buy a remaster.

Metal Gear Solid 6: Pachinko Eater

Everyone's favourite stealth franchise is back, this time with new protagonist Metal Ball Snake. When the patriots mysteriously reemerge, it's up to Snake to rebuild Outer Heaven using his newly found pachinko empire!

- Realistic environments (both day and night pachinko parlours, with realistic mind numbingly loud sounds)
- Shake down your customers for extra cash in new Debt Collector gameplay
- Harness the true power of pachinko in Snake's new CQC techniques incorporating the power of metal balls.
- Fight the fearsome Metal Gear Pachinko, with its metal ball launching Railgun.
- More ways than ever to pay for DLC! Choose from a vareity of 17 unique in game currencies.
- New enemy team: The Leeches! Destroy the nefarious franchises that are trying to hold Snake back from his Pachinko dreams.

COMING 2018!

Preorder and get the Otacon's Grand Adventure DLC!

I might be a bit bitter...

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If Kojima's contract ends in december and he just doesn't have to work anymore until then, isn't he technically on vacation?

Metal Gear Venom 2

maybe get all the level and menu designers, and whoever is closest to Koji's 'level design #2' to direct it, to make it even more of a MGS x XCOM style game (sans the RMT/pay2win stuff but probably a necessary evil for that type of game to ever get developed by Konami)

big_z

I love how they keep saying Kojima's on vacation, holy fuck just own up to it, everyone already knows you fired his off.

they probably figure they can fire kojima then hire him on contract and hell come back because mgs is his baby. being on contract would keep him on a financial leash.

Top Bottom