• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Rep Says 'I Hope We Earn You Back'

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see myself trusting them to make a new game (or remake) anytime soon, but if they hired Bluepoint to make an MGS HD HD collection for PS4 or even PC, or Platinum to do MGR2, then sure, take my money.

KyleCross

Terminating MGSV early and cancelling PT. Those are my franchises from Konami and they've lost me.
MGSV being unfinished was Kojima's fault. At least 4 years and $80 million only gave us what we got? Yeah, the dude was wasting time and money, there's even a leak of someone saying as much.

Also PT wasn't cancelled, but removed from PSN. PT was PT. Silent Hills was cancelled, which was a completely different game.

Kindekuma

Banned
I don't know why so many people want a MGS3 remake so bad, I guess it's those pre-rendered CG Pachinko machine visuals that are gettin' all y'all.

I want a proper MG and MG2:SS remake if anything, those stories are the lesser known canon games. If I saw Zanzibar and what not in glorious Fox Engine then I might be won over.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MGSV being unfinished was Kojima's fault.

It was both their fault. Konami wanted it out by the end of 2015. Kojima wanted at least another year to finish polishing it up and finshing up content (see: Chapter 3, cut Nuke deployment cutscene, etc. etc. etc.) but Konami didn't want to spend anymore money (and rightly so, given it was over budget and time) on it.

Sjefen

Remake MGS 1-3 and hand them out for free. Will be a good start and maybe change your name, #FuckKonami wont sell games

If Konami is able to produce something impressive that Metal Gear Solid fans will want to play, even without the involvement of franchise creator Hideo Kojima, then some may be willing to forgive its past transgressions.
True, but let's be honest, that's literally never going to happen. Even outside of the shit show the last yearish has been it's not like Konami has made anything to be proud of in a long ass time, just look at Silent Hill, the only thing that kept them in any kind of good faith was Kojima.

Tbh I really don't have much hate for them, everyone acts all betrayed but you really can't comprehend that pachinko/slot machine money, they're shift in focus to that is the best business descision even if you don't like it. I just think it's funny this poor pr guy is still trying so hard.

Kindekuma

Banned
Remake MGS 1-3 and hand them out for free. Will be a good start and maybe change your name, #FuckKonami wont sell games

If Konami even TOUCHES those three games I will be upset. We'll be lucky to even see a Twin Snakes NX HD Remaster. But MGS2 and MGS3 are phenomenal, they don't need remakes.

Chola

Banned
MGSV being unfinished was Kojima's fault. At least 4 years and $80 million only gave us what we got? Yeah, the dude was wasting time and money, there's even a leak of someone saying as much.

Also PT wasn't cancelled, but removed from PSN. PT was PT. Silent Hills was cancelled, which was a completely different game.

80M is pretty std for a AAA video game, also some of its time and money were spend on developing that incredible engines .Truth is Konami didnt care much about gaming and have a clear record of mishandling their gaming IP and creators

neoism

I don't know why but this article made me laugh, how is Konami gonna redeem themselves after what happened with Kojima and then making almost all of their franchises Pachinko Machines.

Source: http://gamerant.com/konami-rep-earn-you-back/

giphy.gif

DZ_b_EZ

FUKC THOSE LOSERS!!

Konami now is a distant shadow of its former self. I said I won't buy their games, I meant it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Start by bringing back PT on PSN. That's the one thing that's the pettiest in this whole thing.

Cyborg

Gamers forget realy easy! They forgot the MS attempt to fck gamers over with DRM/Used games and we will forget about Konami all their insane actions.

KJRS_1993

Geezer's here talk big game but we all know they'd buy a new Metal Gear Solid, or a Fox remake of 3 in a heartbeat. I know I would, and I thought MGSV was the biggest disappointment of last year.

Plus, MGS without Kojima touching it sounds absolutely excellent.

But all I really want is Mystical Ninja.

Matt

80M is pretty std for a AAA video game, also some of its time and money were spend on developing that incredible engines .Truth is Konami didnt care much about gaming and have a clear record of mishandling their gaming IP and creators
I've gotten into this argument here before, but the time and money spent on MGSV was excessive, period. From a buisness standpoint, Konami wasn't wrong to want it delivered and done, and they weren't wrong to be upset with the cost.

Now the way they treated their employees and everything else like that was gross, don't get me wrong. But from a buisness standpoint, Kojima was getting away with murder before the whole thing fell apart.

They need to:

1: get Castlevania 3 and original Contra on that NES Classic

2: make a badass new Goemon game in the vein of the SNES ones for PS4/PC/Mobile

3: forget MGS

I like this.

Not just Goemon either, but all of their franchises should be brought back instead of wasting 80 million for 1 fucking game. MGS killed Konami as much as Konami killed itself.

I've gotten into this argument here before, but the time and money spent on MGSV was excessive, period. From a buisness standpoint, Konami wasn't wrong to want it delivered and done, and they weren't wrong to be upset with the cost.

Now the way they treated their employees and everything else like that was gross, don't get me wrong. But from a buisness standpoint, Kojima was getting away with murder before the whole thing fell apart.

That 80 million could have been split into 8 games with 10 million budget each. Yeah, Kojima was treated badly, but he also fucked with Konami's money and took budget away from other games. Maybe Kojima leaving Konami might be for the best.

Does Konami serious think a new metal gear solid will make me forgive them about not getting a new contra, gradius. rocket knight, castlevania, Bomberman, Sun Set riders, or countless other IPs I've been dying to play?

FUCK YOU, Konami!

Even HD remasters would help out greatly.
They can start by porting CV Curse of Darkness (Xbox version) over to PS4.

I'll forgive them a little bit.
Just a lil.

As much as I don't like what they did with Kojima and everything, if they release good games I'll play them regardless.

Putting Platinum on MGR2 would be a very easy start.
Then maybe From Soft on a 3D Castlevania ;)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I remember when everyone hated EA. like... HATED.

Gamers love to over react. As much as I dislike the current Konami, I think they will be back one day.

1upsuper

If Konami made a new Parodius game that parodies themselves from the 2000s to now with all their mistakes, that might win me back. Maybe.

I remember when everyone hated EA. like... HATED.

Gamers love to over react. As much as I dislike the current Konami, I think they will be back one day.

EA's hatred is that guy that had sex with you wife.
Konami's is that guy who banged every female you've ever known.

And I don't mean that in a good way.

The only thing I would buy from them now is Metal Gear Rising 2 by Platinum, everything else I refuse to support. They have a long road to gain my trust back and I don't care what this rep says, they're not going to even try.

cheez124

as much as i hate to admit it, an mgs3 remake would probably win me back pretty easily. hell, an mgs1 remake would work too

wapplew

Just licence your IP to other developers should do the work.
Castlevania to Fromsoft, Silent Hill to Japan studio Toyama team.

Kalamoj

Start with releasing Silent Hill 2-3, Suikoden 3-4-5-Tactics and Graduis V on ps4.
I don't think that would cost a lot.

angelic

Banned
The same Konami that gave Silent Hill 2 and 3 to a mobile developer. Their relationship with fans is the same as an abuser and their victim, this is currently the "I still love you" stage, before they push us down the stairs again. No dice.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Nice try Konami. You stole Hudson Soft IP's and made them your slaves. Your words are as empty as your packinko business. Gamers ill needs a developer such as you. You don't belong in this world anymore.
But if you're serious then do come back and making Rising 2 and some non mobile Bomberman.

Ratrat

Didnt The Witcher 3 cost even more? If MGSVs budget includes Ground Zeroes, MGS online and developing Fox Engine than it seems less Kojima's fault and more Konami being greedy fucks compared to other game publishers.

Kojima has an incredibly consistent track record and MGSV was a big critical and commercial success. Konami will never be a respected publisher again without games of that caliber. I can only imagine how many offers Kojima got when he left.

packy34

Couldn't be any worse than V.

Gameplay is king and the gameplay in V is world class. No way anyone else at Konami can match it.

This was a nice argument pre-MGSV release. The game made double its budget in revenue on the first day. Whatever he spent was completely justified.

televator

Release updated and accurate PC ports of Sillent Hill 2-4, or just do PS2 on PS4 releases. Remake SH1 with better graphics, but don't fuck with the story.

Only then will they redeem themselves somewhat for me.

gogosox82

I find this hilarious considering how they've handled things. They didn't just burn bridges, they put c4 under the damn bridge and blew not only the bridge but the highway leading to the bridge. How do they expect to come back from considering all the shit they pulled? Personally, I'm done with Konami. I'm not into MGS or Silent Hill and they have effectively ruined Castlevania. Maybe a new Bomberman would help.

Top Bottom