• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KPop-GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

this is getting interesting

With three of the KARA members currently filing a lawsuit against DSP Media, close representatives of the girls have alerted fans that there is no personal dispute between them, and that the girls are handling it in a mature manner.

A representative revealed on January 20th:

“When groups go through such a controversy, it’s only to be expected that they fight amongst themselves. With KARA, there’s nothing like that. Although there was a strange current surrounding the group since last year, there hasn’t been any discord between the members.”

Their characters and personalities are all so different, and there was a member who didn’t have a close relationship with the rest, but they overcame all of that with extreme trust through years of working together. They’ve built up a strong sense of co-dependence on one another by working in Japan, which further strengthened their friendships.

Each of the five members have different thoughts, but they’ve never fought or argued because of them. The five did not talk about unnecessary things in the presence of others, as they respect and are considerate of each other.”

Another representative of DSP Media also added, “Because of the differences in opinions, there most likely was something they were all uncomfortable with, but there definitely isn’t any discord. When they were working, they came together stronger than anyone else.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/representative-reveals-there-is-no-discord-between-the-kara-members

One member’s parents exclaimed, “Is such a contract that only gives $3,000 per person for dancing the ‘butt dance’ in Japan fair?“ They also revealed that the girls were put in saunas to sleep because of their busy drama filmings.

:lol

Regarding members Park Gyuri and Goo Hara, who both are not taking part in the lawsuit, the parents revealed that Gyuri’s parents were “walking a different path from the other girls since three months ago,” as Gyuri’s parents failed to show up at a parental meeting held last November.

Asked about the rumors of another entertainment agency offering the girls better contracts, they revealed, “We can’t say anything, as the parents don’t discuss such internal things. What we’re sure is that the three members will not be able to repair their relationship with DSP.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/karas-nicole-seungyeon-jiyoungs-parents-reveal-their-meeting

D:

Salazar

I get the impression they did remarkably good business in Japan. It is ludicrous for them not to be heavily remunerated for it.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
I get the impression they did remarkably good business in Japan. It is ludicrous for them not to be heavily remunerated for it.

They are the top selling korean girl group ever or something like that. They did really well. I've read 2 things.

1. Universal took 80% of the of the profits, leaving DSP with only 20%, leaving Kara with very little, like 1% overall?

2. DSP split the profits between their Japan and Korea divisions, and only shared the Korean side with Kara, still leaving very little.

Either way they didnt make very much. Whether that was because they were tricked with a Japanese contract or not is another story....

panda21

i think the $3000 that keeps getting mentioned was just for one event, and from what DSP said what they were paid for the Japan promotions sounded fair. the whole DSP japan/korea thing sounded a bit shady though.

anyway... more drama!

A representative of DSP Media spoke with TV Report on January 20th and stated, “There’s a possibility of one of the three members that filed for contract terminations returning, so we are trying not to let go of the hope. Yesterday, we were planning to meet with another member right after Goo Hara to discuss with, but we weren’t able to reach contact so we couldn’t. Fortunately, we will be meeting again, and that member is Han Seungyeon.”

He continued, “Yesterday, Goo Hara and Han Seungyeon did not even know that they even filed for contract terminations and were extremely shocked with the news. The members may have discussed the issue for a while, but we don’t think they knew that it would be turned into a legal matter so quickly.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/karas-seungyeon-to-withdraw-contract-termination-request

i feel sorry for them, must suck having to deal with this as well as being exhausted. her father said that when Ham spoke to him on the phone yesterday she was just crying the whole time

even if Kara is just HaraHam and they replace the others thats fine by me :D

Shouta

This Kara news has been a hot topic here in Japan the last few days. According to the JP reports, money is an issue and also the amount and type of work might also be was also a reason they wanted out from DSP. Wonder what exactly went on overall aside from the reports.

Only reason I find it interesting is because I think Seungyeon is pretty, heh.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh snap, the way Hara reacted and now hearing this about Seungyeon after what her father said... was this mostly the moms deciding on the advice of the lawyers? Gyuri and Hara wouldn't really be a good duo, but add Seugnyeon's vocals and you have something workable, especially since she's one of the more popular members. Her mom seems pretty set but her dad looks to be in full support of whatever she personally wants to do.

Dice

Seungri is BRINGIN IT right now. All of Big Bang makes me feel a bit fangirly lol. Their charisma and swagger is off the charts. They've just fully accepted how awesome they are and have so much polish to everything. I think my next batch of albums will be GD/TOP, Seungri, and Big Bang.

Ashhong

Yea I was definitely feeling that performance. Making me really want the Big Bang comeback, like yesterday.

Hey your girl Navi is on haha

Peru

Seungri isn't quite on par with TOP/GD or Taeyang in the songwriting department, but the album is a chill collection of afternoon ditties. Solid album. Not on Navi's level, obviously! Great performance, although I wish she got the chance to perform some of the other slow jams on her album.

Nice performance by Mighty Mouth as well.

Ashhong

Do Seungri or Taeyang do any writing? I know GD and TOP do pretty much all of the Big Bang albums. I was looking through the wiki and dont remember seeing any other members names in the writing credits.

suzu

I missed Seungri's comeback. :(

Random: Fan chants always sound like some cult shit to me, haha. I feel like they ruin some performances.

Ashhong

Only credit Taeyang has on wiki for Solar is the final track, "Take It Slow". Though the article does say he co-wrote some songs. Unless wiki is wrong, which is possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_(Taeyang_album)

suzu said:
I missed Seungri's comeback. :(

Random: Fan chants always sound like some cult shit to me, haha. I feel like they ruin some performances.

Funny, I'm the exact opposite. I think it adds a great atmosphere to the song and makes me happy to hear.

suzu

Fan enthusiasm is appreciated (I like it in lively songs).. but I just watched the TVXQ "Keep Your Head Down" performance and the chants sounded just a tad creepy to me haha. I guess it's better than random screaming though.

Peru

The only time I react with confusion at the fan chants is during BALLADS. This is a little bizarre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tyilXRSlCQ

Ashhong said:
Only credit Taeyang has on wiki for Solar is the final track, "Take It Slow". Though the article does say he co-wrote some songs. Unless wiki is wrong, which is possible.

That wiki article credits him for five tracks actually (composition, not lyrics).

Ashhong

Peru said:
The only time I react with confusion at the fan chants is during BALLADS. This is a little bizarre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tyilXRSlCQ

That wiki article credits him for five tracks actually (composition, not lyrics).

Yea I was talking about song writing. I only ask because I was surprised that GD and/or TOP write or cowrite pretty much every song on Big Bang albums. It's no wonder they made their own album.

Dice

Peru said:
On a sidenote, watching Seoul Music Awards and might have to end my life if I have to listen to any more 2AM performances... or 2AM songs in general.
I feel ya, man.

Peru

They're all funny and sympathetic guys on talk/variety shows, but it's like they make a sport out of taking as much melody, energy and emotion as possible OUT of a ballad and still get a hit.

suzu

The only 2AM song I like is "I Did Wrong".

lol Seungri -- he's seems so sleazy in the MVs haha, but I'll take it. ;]

Peru

Haha, I like PSY's stage antics, Right Now is a banger, but I'm not really interested in seeing him go trot. Always seems to be a retro section of these shows, though.

Peru

One of the hottest in Korean entertainment for sure, 32 years old and getting prettier by the year. Did you see her episode on Family Outing? Amazing.

Oh and she's becoming an actual action star for her next movie

nmx3x3.jpg

Ashhong said:
Yea I was definitely feeling that performance. Making me really want the Big Bang comeback, like yesterday.

Seungri this week, GD&TOP again next week, then it's back to Big Bang! (if I'm remembering correctly).

suzu said:

You haven't heard proper fan chants and screams until you've seen this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwkhhq5p7xI#t=3m19s

Dice

panda21

broadwayrock said:
Secret's practice video for Shy Boy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfFKQpE1i1A

so good <3

more Karadrama:

Netizens have been all over the Kara news, and someone has found an interview from 2008 of a former idol group member that spoke of an idol girl group.

He claimed that the idol group had five members, and the leader was getting bullied by the rest of the four. He said, "They treat her like she doesn't exist. But when they go on air, they pretend like they're friends and laugh together. And when it ends again they ignore her again."

When netizens saw this, they said, "Isn't this talking about Kara?", and "This is definitely Kara, and Gyuri's getting bullied." On the other hand, some have refused to believe these rumors and say that the stories are being exaggerated too much.

http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/general/was-gyuri-bullied-by-the-rest-of-the-members-r2823

i could almost believe that, theres a few bits in Kara bakery where i got the impression they dont like her much

Ashhong

Well Gyuri comes off as a giant pain in the ass to me. I wouldnt be surprised if the rest of the members didn't really like her off camera if thats how she always is.

Dice

I guess a press conference with the 3 Kara members started an hour ago. Nothing has come over the wire yet.

In the meantime, SeeYa's new and last MV... in SD, because this is CCM. :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uikjo6BSmHA

I still don't get how the other two are acting all cool with Nam Gyuri now.

Ashhong

Dice said:
I guess a press conference with the 3 Kara members started an hour ago. Nothing has come over the wire yet.

In the meantime, SeeYa's new and last MV... in SD, because this is CCM. :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uikjo6BSmHA

I still don't get how the other two are acting all cool with Nam Gyuri now.

The parents of KARA’s Nicole, Jiyoung, and Seungyeon held a press conference with their lawyers, Landmark, at 3 PM KST on January 20th. The members were not present.

The parents began by declaring that they wanted “a KARA of five members” and that the members genuinely wanted “a KARA of five members” as well. Although there are legal issues between the members and their agency, the parents were adamant about making clear that the members wanted to continue as a group.

The parents stated, “The priority right now are KARA’s promotions. The agency itself is the next problem. The basic job of a management agency is to support an artist’s activities. An artist is not subordinate to the company.”

Representatives of the three members of KARA stated, “We want the full support of a management company that will allow KARA to express their full potential. The very foundation of an entertainment management company is trust and professionalism. The kind of relationship the members want with their company is one of trust and cooperation. We’ve reported many times that the company lacks both elements.”

They continued, “This controversy is a problem between the members and their agency, not one between each other. There is no discord between the members, but DSP Media continues to contact each of the members in an effort to divide them. We genuinely hope that they will act with character for the members.”

When asked about the possibility of the girls returning to DSP, Hong replied, “There is a possibility, but like we’ve said numerous times, it’s only possible once the problems as revealed by the members and their parents are fixed. ”

On Hara’s decision to cancel her termination, he replied, “From what I know, she has a strong attachment to the five and wanted teamwork.”

A reporter asked, “What do you have to say about your previous claim of the members receiving 1% of their income?” Hong replied, “I do not have the exact documents so I cannot verify that for you.”

Another asked, “What do you think about the public believing Nicole’s mother is the cause of all this?“ Hong replied, “Not only Nicole’s mother, but the rest of their parents could not find a compromise with DSP, which is why they sought legal help.”

When asked for further details on the “lack of professionalism” he mentioned earlier, Hong repied, “Details will be released later. I believe the fact that the situation has even reached this point is a big error on their end.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/land...edia-kara-members-want-to-continue-as-a-group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom