• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyle Bosman's New Show: Bosman At Home

Final Bosman was his baby. And he now he gets no visitation

Can't blame him for wanting to take precautions to avoid that this time around

I want Easy Allies and Bosman to be successful. As a consumer/Patron of these vids, I'm a bit confused about the content split between Easy Allies and Kyle Bosman's show.

Just seems strange.

Happy it's back regardless.

emb

This was a pretty good start. Felt a little light, but there was a lot to cover for this one. I'm just glad to see the show return.

wiibomb

I'm... a little saddened...

not because of the new format, but because of the lost things that made the old format so popular in the first place, I think I'll break it down in a Bosman fashion:

1. The Bonus bits are gone, they were of the most encouraging aspects of the old show, not only tells you a little (complicated and awesome) story about a man with videogame issues (lol), but also encourages the whole audience to keep an eye for the next episodes so they continue the story, in fact, it didn't even matter if there was not lore-relevant bonus bit at the end of the next episode, it only mattered that there is an story inside that show for all of us who want to continue watching.
  2. The suit, the background, the little reserved area for the show is kind of gone, this is something important for me that kind of was lost with defy media last year, but having an own space, different that everything else, with a background of sorts (like the Space Shutter!) was unique, it made a little eye candy for the viewers, the desk, the mugs! (where are the mugs??) the little items that made the show an staple. The show doesn't need anything I told in this, but the point is that it needs something of a more produced format.
  3. The thing I really really most missed: the acting. I know how excellent Kyle is performing, this was proven way too many times in TFB and was undoubtedly the most cherished aspect of TFB for me, because it made each episode unique, not only in a sense of a wise man talking about videogames, but in a sense of someone who genuinely express his feeling through his own expressions and voice and absolutely loved that, no one needs a complicated story or a background or even a suit for that, the only thing needed is that passion for what one does. You don't need huge production values to do this brilliant boss parody or this genius Pokemon rejection those were the things that almost no one can do in the gaming media and I loved it so very much, I hope that is just because of the start of the show, but I would love for that to come back. May be it's just a matter of confidence

Still, if you see this Kyle, know that I'll be there watching your show every time you upload it, I'll be glad to see how this new thing will go and thanks for doing it, I really appreciate it.

I think what I'm going to miss the most is this year's Battle of the Bands. I know those probably take ages to write, animate and produce. But they were one of the highlights of every summer gaming season.

Ruruja

I just like watching Bosman talk about video game news, I didn't really see much difference in the format. I really enjoyed this and look forward to the next one.

Just need Huber Hype to start and all will be right with the world once again.

Just started...

"Funny note about independent production is...that 'ding'...costs two US Dollars. Who knew? Not every time...just the once..."

Laughed out loud in my cubicle. Missed this show!

Nicko

Kyle Bosman's back! Big Whoop, or little whoop? BIG WHOOP! Thought it was a great show! Really missed the show over the last two months.. thought it was crisp and clean, and his journalistic and comedic secret sauce was there in prime form. Loved the bit at the end too. Bosman's bacn baby!

I'm... a little saddened...

not because of the new format, but because of the lost things that made the old format so popular in the first place, I think I'll break it down in a Bosman fashion:

1. The Bonus bits are gone, they were of the most encouraging aspects of the old show, not only tells you a little (complicated and awesome) story about a man with videogame issues (lol), but also encourages the whole audience to keep an eye for the next episodes so they continue the story, in fact, it didn't even matter if there was not lore-relevant bonus bit at the end of the next episode, it only mattered that there is an story inside that show for all of us who want to continue watching.
  2. The suit, the background, the little reserved area for the show is kind of gone, this is something important for me that kind of was lost with defy media last year, but having an own space, different that everything else, with a background of sorts (like the Space Shutter!) was unique, it made a little eye candy for the viewers, the desk, the mugs! (where are the mugs??) the little items that made the show an staple. The show doesn't need anything I told in this, but the point is that it needs something of a more produced format.
  3. The thing I really really most missed: the acting. I know how excellent Kyle is performing, this was proven way too many times in TFB and was undoubtedly the most cherished aspect of TFB for me, because it made each episode unique, not only in a sense of a wise man talking about videogames, but in a sense of someone who genuinely express his feeling through his own expressions and voice and absolutely loved that, no one needs a complicated story or a background or even a suit for that, the only thing needed is that passion for what one does. You don't need huge production values to do this brilliant boss parody or this genius Pokemon rejection those were the things that almost no one can do in the gaming media and I loved it so very much, I hope that is just because of the start of the show, but I would love for that to come back. May be it's just a matter of confidence

Still, if you see this Kyle, know that I'll be there watching your show every time you upload it, I'll be glad to see how this new thing will go and thanks for doing it, I really appreciate it.
There is a bonus bit, the suit is dead, and it was only the first episode. I don't have any expectations for future eps, but I can't imagine Kyle watching this and thinking "Yes, this is what every single episode is going to be like.".

Kyle said in his stealthy Tetris stream that with Easy Allies the intent is to only promise shows that they would still be able to deliver if they got jobs. Basically if Kyle a got a job he could still do the podcast and take part in D&D but it might be impossible for him to write his own regular show. He doesn't want to lure people into pledging with the promise of a successor to the Final Bosman and then later drop it when he finds employment.
Interesting.

Makes sense, too.

IvanJ

Banned
I am very glad Bosman is back. He is a rare breed: A non-annoying YouTube personality!

Subscribed to the channel, I really like to listen to his opinions about gaming.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I believe him saying there will be no more bonus bits just for the episode to end with a bonus bit is a playful little jibe. Bonus Bits will remain where possible, I assume.

I believe him saying there will be no more bonus bits just for the episode to end with a bonus bit is a playful little jibe. Bonus Bits will remain where possible, I assume.
He does that pretty often.

Every Bossy awards episode "ends" after like 90 seconds with him wishing he could have done more, only to have a 10 minute bonus bit extraordinaire.

padopodo

I didn't know someone's kitchen could look so depressing. Bosman needs to start accepting sticker/fan art donations to spice the place up a bit.

Ruruja

I didn't know someone's kitchen could look so depressing. Bosman needs to start accepting sticker/fan art donations to spice the place up a bit.

The image of him pouring coffee in his dull, tiny kitchen was very 'Kyle Bosman' I thought. Made me chuckle.

Philippo

Glad he's back, his opinions always resonate with me.

Still, i miss AAA Bosman, and i hope he'll still be able to fit in some of that sweet lore.

Is he doing a more casual, less scheduled show because he found a new job?

Bookman

you got to respect the Bossman . Seriously , it got better in the kitchen.
However I hope that he can support himself on this? If you Reading this Kyle I got nothing but love for ya

jonno394

Never watched Bosman before, but knew of him. Really enjoyed this video. Fun to listen to and good commentary. Will subscribe and look forward to the next one.

Gafien19

Neo Member
So glad he's not doing bonus bits anymore, that's the reason i stopped watching it on GT.

I was surprised to see more than a few different people weren't very fond of the bonus bits. Personally I was always a big fan and often they were my favorite part of an episode. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong since there were so many episodes but did bonus bit material intrude that much into the bulk of the episodes? I though the majority of it was relegated to post GT logo. Or did the whole show just start to take on a sillier tone as it went on?

That said I'm glad Bosman is back despite claiming there would be no more bonus bits and then still having what I would consider to be a bonus bit. Either way color me excited.

Tuck

Yay more Bosman! It was a good episode. Felt just like the old show, just in a different setting.

Lol @ no bonus bits, and then immediately doing a bonus bit.

Shikoba

So glad he is back!! I don't mind the new format or the way he is approaching it. I just really enjoy what he does and has to say.

LaserHawk

I won't need bonus bits and little frills. That episode had everything I love about Kyle Bosman: earnest discussion of the latest gaming news without the cynicism everyone else is so ripe with. Kyle, if you read this stuff, I liked the show and I'm looking forward to more.

Kasper

So glad to have Kyle back in action. I was expecting way lower production values than this, to be honest, so I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. The sound was great, his positioning in terms of the camera was good, and there wasn't any problems in terms of lighting.

Was a little bit surprised that there's no Easy Allies plug, though. What about the other shows you're on, Bosman! Cross promotion!

Top Bottom