• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Sales: The List of $2/$5/$10 games

Wok

Also for fans of matching games: 4 Elements - $2.49 (75% off)

ss_02477f7987e5d7416cf8ff63f6d8d180875601af.600x338.jpg

4 Elements is definitely on the casual side of gaming, but I had a nice playthrough with it. Rather than being a standard match-3, you are charged with removing blocks to clear a path for liquid to flow through the level. However many blocks become connected is how many disappear. You also have to deal with special blocks like ice and rock that take extra steps to clear them. The game also has a few hidden object levels in between "main worlds" - these are boring, but don't take much time to get through.

When the game is launched, my screen gets white and I cannot play: I have to Alt+F4.

So, it is really strange: if I press the "print-screen" button, before quitting the game, I can see the game as it should be! This means the problem arises at the display level... It comes from the screen, not from the graphics card!

Gaspode_T

4 Elements II is only $2.99 on Windows 8 store and it is better/basically the same game but more...I do like that game a lot but it really needs touch controls, I played the first on iPad and the second on a Windows 8 slate

Thoraxes

Just wanna come in here and recommend To The Moon.

It's $5 on sale, and there was a flash sale for even less the other day.

F6Usk.png

Gilby

People should buy Dustforce.

Best platformer this generation.

YES they should!

They should also buy Snapshot while it's cheap, it's got a ton of charm and some extremely clever gameplay.

Anyone played Sugar Cube? I think the jazzy soundtrack in the trailer just sold me on it. The back-ground flipping looks like it has lots of potential too.

edit: Never mind, just played through the demo. Doesn't seem to do much with the flipping mechanic, at least in the first 1/4 :(

YES they should!

They should also buy Snapshot while it's cheap, it's got a ton of charm and some extremely clever gameplay.

Anyone played Sugar Cube? I think the jazzy soundtrack in the trailer just sold me on it. The back-ground flipping looks like it has lots of potential too.

edit: Never mind, just played through the demo. Doesn't seem to do much with the flipping mechanic, at least in the first 1/4 :(

+1 for both of these games. I really enjoy them both

dani_dc

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but LucasArts Adventure pack is 50% off for $4.99.
header_586x192.jpg

Includes:
-Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
-Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
-Loom
-The Dig

Lint21

Neo Member
When the game is launched, my screen gets white and I cannot play: I have to Alt+F4.

So, it is really strange: if I press the "print-screen" button, before quitting the game, I can see the game as it should be! This means the problem arises at the display level... It comes from the screen, not from the graphics card!

That's a shame. I didn't have any issues like that when I played it, and my GF is playing it next to me right now with no problem.

Re-verify game files? Dunno.

Wok

That's a shame. I didn't have any issues like that when I played it, and my GF is playing it next to me right now with no problem.

I tried but the problem is so weird I will have trouble finding a solution. Someone else I know had no problem with the game, so it is strange.

tmarques

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but LucasArts Adventure pack is 50% off for $4.99.

Shows full price here. Might have bought it to have those games in my Steam library even though I own the discs (or floppies... yikes) for all of those.

Wok

Verifying and then restarting Windows did the trick. Thanks!

Mechazawa

totally OT. But does anyone know why MR Orange got banned?

"This isn't threadworthy" nonsense has been bannable on Gaf for the past couple of weeks.

And it looks like he made one of those posts.

Also, yeah, I came into this post to window shop until I realized the greater sale ended. Fuuuuuu-

Top Bottom