• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Sales: The List of $2/$5/$10 games

Tizoc

Port Royale 2 is interesting, I like city builders but am not good in them, should I still get it, if only to have my city flourish and have it improve over time? How is PR3 compared to it?

Poker Night...can I get it just for the dialog the characters say?

Bully isn't available in my region =/ Could a kind GAFfer gift it to me? I can repay with Bioshock 1, 2 or Titan Quest.

Quick note in case people missed it in the other thread...

Anyone from GAF that grabs Critter Crunch for $1.74 during the sale should shoot me a PM and I'll pass you a code for a free second copy.

WORD UP.

is Analogue: A Hate Story any good?

It's a visual novel with little art and with a story told entirely through reading emails. It's pretty decent though a bit heavyhanded at times. It's worth that price and is only a few hours long.

LiK

It's a visual novel with little art and with a story told entirely through reading emails. It's pretty decent though a bit heavyhanded at times. It's worth that price and is only a few hours long.

hm. a 2nd recommendation. it's $2.49 right now so i guess i'll pick it up.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very tempted by Broken Sword Trilogy ($2) and Syberia Bundle ($3.74). I don't know much about these games - are they worth it??

Also EVERYONE BUY ROCHARD!! Great little puzzler.

Gaspode_T

Port Royale 2 is interesting, I like city builders but am not good in them, should I still get it, if only to have my city flourish and have it improve over time? How is PR3 compared to it?

Poker Night...can I get it just for the dialog the characters say?

Bully isn't available in my region =/ Could a kind GAFfer gift it to me? I can repay with Bioshock 1, 2 or Titan Quest.

Port Royale 3 is awesome and seems to have not sold very well as far as I can tell - bafflingly it has been excluded from all of the recent Steam sales - I have no idea why Valve includes Tropico only but ignores that one...(it is the same dev). Personally if your rig is nice you should just get Port Royale 3 - it was actually ported to consoles too I think. It is a little bit like a more economic/trading version of Pirates, but kind of relaxing to sit there setting up trade routes and zoom back and forth between cities - it is almost like playing Tiny Tower or something (sorry for a strange analogy) but the destinations are cities instead of elevator levels.

I just opened tabs for about seven games that piqued my interest and...I already owned every one. I barely recognise some of those games, ha!

Wunder

Analogue
I just played through the entirety of Analogue last night. Went down all the story paths. Took me about 5 hours, and about an hour was spent trying to figure out the "secret" ending.

If you like, even remotely, any of Christine Love's past efforts (Digital: A Love Story and don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story are free and available on all three major OSes), then I would recommend it. It's a much more polished game, and easily her strongest writing effort.

Poker Night
If you like poker games, and you like any of the characters included, I'd recommend it. Telltale does a good job with the cast provided, and has a solid poker game underneath. It was worth playing just to experience the dialogue/animations, but I love me some poker, so I ended up burrowing about 20 hours in it over the last year.

Bully
I'll let others chime in on this one, since I haven't played it in such a long time, but if you enjoy Rockstar's sandbox games, I'd say this is easily one of their best and most original.

Thank you for the lengthy write-up. I've picked up Bully and Rocketbirds so far, and may pick up Analogue although I'm not a big fan of VNs. I think I'll give Poker Night a miss though, even though those are some of my favorite characters, I'm not sure if I can sit through listening to dialogue playing vanilla Texas Hold 'em.

Celegus

Anyone from GAF that grabs Critter Crunch for $1.74 during the sale should shoot me a PM and I'll pass you a code for a free second copy.

WORD UP.

Might take you up on that when I get home, seems like the kind of game the wife might enjoy!

IrishNinja

fantastic OP & follow-up, i really gotta look into some stuff like basement collection - the one ive sank time into & cant recommend enough is Chime, one of my favorite music games in forever

Tizoc

Port Royale 3 is awesome and seems to have not sold very well as far as I can tell - bafflingly it has been excluded from all of the recent Steam sales - I have no idea why Valve includes Tropico only but ignores that one...(it is the same dev). Personally if your rig is nice you should just get Port Royale 3 - it was actually ported to consoles too I think. It is a little bit like a more economic/trading version of Pirates, but kind of relaxing to sit there setting up trade routes and zoom back and forth between cities - it is almost like playing Tiny Tower or something (sorry for a strange analogy) but the destinations are cities instead of elevator levels.

Thanks for the feedback, the 'relaxing' bit sold me on it, but it seems PR3 has DLC as well and there doesn't seem to be a 'complete' collection of it =/

The Book of Unwritten Tales (pnc adventure)

Any opinions? I liked the demo but I can't decide between this or The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

I'm very tempted by Broken Sword Trilogy ($2) and Syberia Bundle ($3.74). I don't know much about these games - are they worth it??

Yes to all of these, they are good Point n' Click games. Keep in mind that the BS Trilogy has the remake of 1, and the original BS2 and 3.
You can get the original ver. of BS1 on gog.com.
Furthermore, gog.com also has the remake of BS2.

Anony

has dustforce, Fairy Bloom Freesia, they bleed pixels, Half Minute Hero
ever been cheaper than their current prices?

two words: Shark Gun
uiVCa.jpg

so good

Booter

picking up:

civ 3 complete
witcher 1
bang bang racing
puzzle kingdoms
penny arcade rain slick darkness 3
port royale 2
magical drop v
critter crunch
english country tune

$20

Tizoc

fantastic OP & follow-up, i really gotta look into some stuff like basement collection - the one ive sank time into & cant recommend enough is Chime, one of my favorite music games in forever

It may be more than $10, but Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is a fun match 3 game with RPG-like leveling up. ...but at its current price you are gonna get A LOT for the amount you're paying. The main SP mode takes up to 30-40 hours to complete.

boinx

Awesome thread! I grabbed:

Analogue
Broken Sword Trilogy
Dead Pixels
Gemini Rue
Hack, Slash, Loot
Nexus
Iron Brigade

jabuseika

Also Stalker: Call of Pripyat is $3.74, and I would consider it a whole lot better and more optimized game than Clear Sky.

Hard Reset is a steal for $3.74, hard game but definitely recommended.

Amneisac

Gonna buy Bully and Civ 4 or 5. Which Civ game is better? I've got a couple friends who swear by 4, and then another friend or two who swear by Civ 5. As someone who has never played the series which would you recommend?

I would say Civ 5. It's a little more accessible and the Steam integration is awesome.

Has anyone played Lume? The style looks interesting.

I wouldn't spend more than $1 on it. The style is ok but the game is extremely short (it even says "end of episode 1" or something similar when you finish, and the whole thing is literally a small house and exterior, or ~3 screens). Most of the puzzles were pretty easy except for a near-end puzzle that iirc I didn't understand how to figure out even after using a walkthrough.

I'd spend money elsewhere, like on Broken Sword or Machinarium.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

WORD UP.

Hot damn. If I buy a copy for myself, and buy a gift for another gaffer, can I greedily claim 2 freebies? Hope I'm not overstepping here - my intentions would be to give away the extra codes to more gaffers. I bought the PSN version eons ago, but I'd double dip for this.

LiK

WORD UP.

thanks for the code. i'm trying to get my sis to install Steam so she can play this, heh

Mileena

Banned
Hahahaha so the awesome last day of sales is a bunch of shit that's been on sale for cheaper at earlier points in the sale.

Fuck off Gabe.

Lucifon

I sweaaaar usually Steam sales go over to the next day. As in, the 5th will be the last day where sales get put up, but at 10am PST on the 6th is when the sale will actually end.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yes to all of these, they are good Point n' Click games. Keep in mind that the BS Trilogy has the remake of 1, and the original BS2 and 3.
You can get the original ver. of BS1 on gog.com.
Furthermore, gog.com also has the remake of BS2.

Is there something wrong with the Broken Sword remake?

Top Bottom