• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of Us speedrun world record is about to be broken

Dude has been playing TLOU for three years and practices each section.

I half way feel like I'm wasting my life while practicing moves for Street Fighter.

What's the point of posting this so early? Seems silly, it's so easy to mess up at any time you shouldn't have made this until he was like 10 minutes away from breaking the record. Being almost over an hour is far too early.

Does the AI always move in a predictable manner in each run? I noticed that during the part right before Henry and Sam separate from Ellie and Joel he shot an arrow that seem to require the hunter to walk into it but he also knew it was going to hit because he said something like "Watch this" when he fired it.

Shock32

Does the AI always move in a predictable manner in each run? I noticed that during the part right before Henry and Sam separate from Ellie and Joel he shot an arrow that seem to require the hunter to walk into it but he also knew it was going to hit because he said something like "Watch this" when he fired it.

No not really. There's a lot of RNG with enemy movement and ammo drops.

Septimius

The way they spawn is predictable, but AI movement is one of the biggest issues with speedrunning this game, as it's too random and can just for no reason cause huge time losses.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
This guy seems really chill, a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of streaming speedrunners who whine and curse over every little mistake or unfavorable RNG.

Sande

I had no idea this was a thing. What difficulty is the one for speed runs in TLOU? Normal? Also, are there skips/exploits involved or do they do everything "legit"?

Septimius

I should record myself some time and see how crazy I look while getting bodied by Balrog.

Hahaha, basically.

This guy seems really chill, a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of streaming speedrunners who whine and curse over every little mistake or unfavorable RNG.

I've been watching for over half a year, now. He's a really consistent streamer, and probably the one I watch the most. Next to Andy.

Septimius

I had no idea this was a thing. What difficulty is the one for speed runs in TLOU? Normal? Also, are there skips/exploits involved or do they do everything "legit"?

This is Grounded, which is the hardest difficulty, which only exists on PS4. There are different categories for different difficulties, and also for glitches/no glitches. This is glitchless. I'd say it's the coolest and most impressive speedrun. It's the one Ant does the most, but he also has the WR for the easiest difficulty.

Septimius

...why is this thread worthy?
there are several world records beaten literally every single day

I love speedruns, and while Ant is one I already watch a lot, I love new impulses like this. Especially when we're gearing up for SGDQ. I'd love to hear if another WR to a big game is about to be broken.

Fisty

No ammo means the run is hosed? Come on dude you can run past or kill anything with one bullet on grounded, believe me I've done it lol

Septimius

No ammo means the run is hosed? Come on dude you can run past or kill anything with one bullet on grounded, believe me I've done it lol

What? Ant literally knows every enemy that needs to be killed, and every enemy that needs to be killed. He knows exactly how many bullets he needs and how. Ammo is really important, so that you can actually clear out areas that needs to be cleared out. Also, bullets can be a part of a strat, as in you shoot one enemy, to distract the others, while also getting rid of the one that will grab you if you just run through.

Believe me, Ant knows exactly how to get the most out of each bullet in the game. If he has no ammo, he can improvise, but that'll cost some time. Which is exactly what happened.

Top Bottom