• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of Us speedrun world record is about to be broken

EVO

Just watched the winter section and dude is on fire. I don't really keep up with the speedrunning scene, but it's refreshing to see one that isn't a glitch fest.

Woodchipper

I've watched quite a bit of this guy. His reaction after making his first sub 3 hr run was great. Can be found on YouTube.

Thanks for sharing. I've never been a person really into speed runs, but this was a fun watch. My fave game of all time and just seeing him fly through grounded had me doing double takes.

wedca

It is fun to watch speedruns of games that I have played a good bit so this was great. I could have used some of these strats on my grounded run (that David fight was smooth,) haha.

Ok, I'm not one to thread shit, but is there a reason for there being a topic about a TLOU speedrun? I mean, it's not common for there to be topics for random speedruns, unless a big break-through (typically in an older game) happens.

TheDanger

Banned
Ok, I'm not one to thread shit, but is there a reason for there being a topic about a TLOU speedrun? I mean, it's not common for there to be topics for random speedruns, unless a big break-through (typically in an older game) happens.

I just wanted to share because I thought some people might be interested, thread wasn't locked so what's the big deal?

milkham

I enjoyed watching

Septimius

This is pretty cool to watch. Shouldn't skipping scenes by using the restart encounters count as glitching?

I don't really see why it should. I mean, glitchless is defined by the community, and it just makes good sense to be able to skip ingame cut-scenes like that.

I don't really see why it should. I mean, glitchless is defined by the community, and it just makes good sense to be able to skip ingame cut-scenes like that.

The option doesn't say "skip scene". It says "restart encounter". Using something the developer did not intend as a workaround to increase speed is kind of what a glitch is.

Zackat

this run right now

OilyShoddyGrayling-size_restricted.gif

MUnited83

For you.
The option doesn't say "skip scene". It says "restart encounter". Using something the developer did not intend as a workaround to increase speed is kind of what a glitch is.

Well, glitchless doesn't mean literally completely glitchless. What counts or not as a glitch can be very subjective and having a game being completed in a speedrun without any kinds of glitch whatsoever is quite restrictive. Glitchless categories are usually for runs where you avoid doing some crazy out of bounds glitches that can result in huge skips.

Son Of D

...why is this thread worthy?
there are several world records beaten literally every single day

Honestly I'd rather more threads like this than ones like "Games where the main character is seen eating meat".

Mystery

This guy really is amazing at this game, but I don't know if you can call this run glitchless. He just abused a glitch in the game that froze 2 clickers in place if you swing at them before they hit an invisible line in the ground.

Septimius

This guy really is amazing at this game, but I don't know if you can call this run glitchless. He just abused a glitch in the game that froze 2 clickers in place if you swing at them before they hit an invisible line in the ground.

At the end of the day, the community agrees on what constitutes a glitchless run. That's how it always is. Some of the glitches can happen accidentally, and that normally is what makes a glitch allowed. If it wasn't allowed, and it happened accidentally, you'd have to restart after an hour and a half of running.

Harmen

TLOU has no good gameplay/is too simple my ass. This guy is leagues beyond me and it is both entertaining and inpressive to watch. Some encounters really shine in the hands of a good player.

LeonSPBR

TLOU has no good gameplay/is too simple my ass. This guy is leagues beyond me and it is both entertaining and inpressive to watch. Some encounters really shine in the hands of a good player.

Yup, he's really good. And really chill. Going to enjoy his 24h stream.

Lima

I'm gonna sub to this mofo

And done. Enjoying this. Best game ever made. Makes me want to replay it.

Top Bottom