• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Kate Dale : Switch exclusive, being revealed in Dec, gameplay trailer ready

How far down the rabbit hole does this go?

The past few days have been insane for Switch news.
Definitely looks like this is one of her "sources" that might be working on a Switch entry that she's repaying with a planned leak.

Shit this next month is gonna be unreal. I hate being on a new page ;_;

EDarkness

The PS4 part is eh. RDR2 would be a massive announcement for Nintendo. Oh god. I'm going to be do disappointed in January. 😞

If RDR2 is announced for the NS, this place is gonna get crazy. It's funny that all it takes is an announcement like that to get people freaking out. It'll be awesome when the day comes that something like this doesn't mean anything.

Cartho

It would be hilarious if Pokemon Stars just randomly went full Unreal Engine 4 Crysis levels of graphics. The internet would be the best place ever.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

LordKano

NicoWav is not a developer, he's a writer, he's not necessarily in contact with the hardware.

He said a lot of bullshit in the past so don't take him as a reliable source.

KrawlMan

NicoWav is not a developer, he's a writer, he's not necessarily in contact with the hardware.

He said a lot of bullshit in the past so don't take him as a reliable source.

Fair enough. But if he's working at all with the folks that are developing this game, he could know some things.

Fair enough. But if he's working at all with the folks that are developing this game, he could know some things.

If you talk about such "leaks" you need to think in what kind of position does he need to be or the people he knows to get such information.
There is no reason to believe that some indie devs know anything about the first and third party strategy of Nintendo.

And we also have believable sources about the Switch Dev kits. You don't go from an overclocked Tegra X1 chip to PS4 beating performance in a few months.

LordKano

Also, Nico is a huge Nintendo fanboy, in that sense where he was shitting on PS4/One and praising the Wii U for years, like the kind of guy you would find on gamefaqs or 4chan. It wouldn't surprise me if he just made up all he said.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So many angry people in this thread for nothing. Just why? If you don't like leaks, don't read them, don't enter the thread.

So many angry people in this thread for nothing. Just why? If you don't like leaks, don't read them, don't enter the thread.
Nature of the game when discussing "leaks"

It's not meant to be a love fest where everyone fawns over the source looking morsels. Leaks get torn apart and dissected.

Well, if this turns out to be Nico's game then he and the Dev team are probably going to be in a fair bit of trouble (and from this point on treated with a lot of suspicion) from Nintendo.

She should have kept this one under wraps. Way too easy to identify people.

DrWong

Well, if this turns out to be Nico's game then he and the Dev team are probably going to be in a fair bit of trouble (and from this point on treated with a lot of suspicion) from Nintendo.

She should have kept this one under wraps. Way too easy to identify people.
They are already teasing their announcement so I suppose they've the greenlight from Nintendo.

Robin64

That Nico guy says games will be 30fps max in portable mode, which is just blatantly not true and just makes the rest of his "stuff" far less credible.

They are already teasing their announcement so I suppose they've the greenlight from Nintendo.

I don't mean this game, I mean that it confirms they are a source to Laura, and could therefore be the people leaking the more intimate details of the Switch (Dev kits etc.)

DrWong

I don't mean this game, I mean that it confirms they are a source to Laura, and could therefore be the people leaking the more intimate details of the Switch (Dev kits etc.)
Oh ok, I get that but I'm not sure like most of you are inferring, that they're her only French source.

Zedark

Man, those reactions to her image tweet! Some people actually think she is doing this as retribution for being black listed lol!

Übermatik;226227341 said:
Wait, the guy playing is holding something wired...?

Dev kit controller maybe, or something else? Every controller option for Switch is wireless right?

It's perfectly possible to play while the controller is charging :p

EDarkness

Man, those reactions to her image tweet! Some people actually think she is doing this as retribution for being black listed lol!

Heh, people are crazy. This seems more like a publicity stunt than anything else. It doesn't matter, though. It'll be good to see some actual software for the system.

Übermatik;226227341 said:
Wait, the guy playing is holding something wired...?

Dev kit controller maybe, or something else? Every controller option for Switch is wireless right?

They are playing on PC next to the guy in the black shirt

Top Bottom