• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Leak] Forza Motorsport leaked images

dwySXr5.jpg

ZAOhztQ.jpg

dbsCrav.jpg

Might be related to the most recent Forza Motorsport closed test:

Fredrik

Already know it’s a nice looking game from earlier showcases but these pics don’t look good. And what’s up with the blur at the top of the garage pic? Someone trying to edit out something?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

//DEVIL//

are these leaked images from forza motorsports 2 ? lol
I mean forza 6 looks good so I am sure this will look better ( at least on PC ) but damn not in these screen shots.

Skifi28

It seems pointless to leak some terrible screenshots when we already have actual footage from the game, but what do I know.

Kilau

Most racing games look plain when the car is moving at 100mph and you grab a still not in photo mode. No reason to waste resources on details you will never see.

Fredrik

Do people like these? All forza games that i tried feel like the track is moving and not the car
And that the car isn't even touching the ground, just sliding on it
Yes? I really can’t relate to your comment and the IP has a good track record.

2aByEFu.jpg

Forza Motorsport 4 is my fav, I liked 6 too, the water gameplay was cool, and I enjoyed 7 quite a bit since I played it on a triple screen setup. The campaign has been lacking for awhile now but they’re reworking that completely this time, that’ll be interesting for sure. Hoping for a VR mode, either officially or through mods, needs to happen.

TrebleShot

Im looking forward to this but im not hyped it looks very mid not very innovative and the standard of Forza games is no where near GT games but it’s definitely above the likes of dirt asserts corsa etc so I think it will be a fun distraction but not expecting a top tier game. Hope to be proven wrong but MS first party is lacking.

Bernoulli

M2 slut

2aByEFu.jpg

Forza Motorsport 4 is my fav, I liked 6 too, the water gameplay was cool, and I enjoyed 7 quite a bit since I played it on a triple screen setup. The campaign has been lacking for awhile now but they’re reworking that completely this time, that’ll be interesting for sure. Hoping for a VR mode, either officially or through mods, needs to happen.
I don't care about the meta
I'm saying why on these games it feels like it's the track that is moving and not the car, and the car is just sliding with no contact

Asetto corsa is perfect but very demanding

Senua

I'm saying why on these games it feels like it's the track that is moving and not the car, and the car is just sliding with no contact

Forza games play great with a pad, they aren't as hardcore as Assetto Corsa/iRacing etc. Different audience really

I can really notice the VRS Tier 2 on the background trees in that first image. They kinda have a blockier Lego-like look, that's a trademark of the technique it seems.

I think the game looks good, but it doesn't look like some great leap over GT7. I'd say they're about equal in overall visuals, but I think GT7 has the advantage in use of color and lighting. Though, I'd have to see more of Motorsport to gauge that in detail.

On a technical level I know Forza's doing some things GT7 doesn't, like full 3D trackside objects (supposedly), but you have to wonder what worth that is when firstly, you can't veer off-course in the first place and secondly, it doesn't create a perceptible increase in visuals over other games without that? Maybe it's to future-proof assets for re-use in other Forza Motorsport and Horizon titles, I dunno.

2aByEFu.jpg

Correction: these are critics, not gamers. The Motorsport games do have an audience, but it's very small compared to say, Gran Turismo, and the Forza Motorsport games have never been big commercial sellers.

Can't see that changing at all for the next Motorsport but yeah, I'm sure critics will quite like it and the enthusiasts among the fanbase will love it.

Last edited:
I need this game to hurry up and release! Since they shut down 7 I need a new Forza and I can't get into the Horizon games. Been playing Assetto Corsa to hold me over. It's a good game but I miss Forza.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
IMO it’s so hard to judge racing games based on static screenshots. Most of it is just scenery that is whipping past you when you’re driving. You get a much better impression when you see all the lighting/reflection/shadows/physics in motion.

Heck back in the 360/PS3 days it was common prank for someone to post a real photograph claiming it was the new Gran Turismo/Forza/whatever + get all the console warriors arguing whether it looks good or bad.

MCplayer

I can really notice the VRS Tier 2 on the background trees in that first image. They kinda have a blockier Lego-like look, that's a trademark of the technique it seems.

I think the game looks good, but it doesn't look like some great leap over GT7. I'd say they're about equal in overall visuals, but I think GT7 has the advantage in use of color and lighting. Though, I'd have to see more of Motorsport to gauge that in detail.

On a technical level I know Forza's doing some things GT7 doesn't, like full 3D trackside objects (supposedly), but you have to wonder what worth that is when firstly, you can't veer off-course in the first place and secondly, it doesn't create a perceptible increase in visuals over other games without that? Maybe it's to future-proof assets for re-use in other Forza Motorsport and Horizon titles, I dunno.

Correction: these are critics, not gamers. The Motorsport games do have an audience, but it's very small compared to say, Gran Turismo, and the Forza Motorsport games have never been big commercial sellers.

Can't see that changing at all for the next Motorsport but yeah, I'm sure critics will quite like it and the enthusiasts among the fanbase will love it.
is the girl in your pic just made by an AI or is it a real girl? if so who?

Fredrik

Which games have you played?

I’m no pro but I can’t relate to what you’re saying, there is force feedback and there is screeching, road noise could be more intense at high speed maybe idk.
Anyhow, did some googling and this time they’ve actually worked extra on tire and rubber physics with 6x higher physics update and contact points, so I think you should give this one a spin, seems like your type of upgrade.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Those are some terrible images. The first image is even between two frames. I mean, wtf is the point, we've had gameplay videos a long time ago. Weather layer..? Wow...amazing..

simpatico

2aByEFu.jpg

4 was my favorite complete package sim racer ever. Been sliding a bit since then.

Vognerful

Do people like these? All forza games that i tried feel like the track is moving and not the car
Well from physics point view, both statements are accurate. It just depends what your frame of reference.

RickMasters

This has to be the most asinine and immaculate I’ve ever heard about a polygonal raced remedred in 3D….. especially in the case of forza. I simply could not disagree more. racing games haven’t fealt like that since they moved beyond sprite scaling.

Yes AC maybe the king of physics in sim racers but that doesn’t take away from what they achieve with forzas physics.

My only real gripe has been their tyre model. Not enough grip especially under extreme braking and loading of the car.

Their physics and simulation of things like engine braking is on point. I can ‘rotate’ a 911 off-throttle to maximise turn-in….. which in case you never knew is the correct t way to drive a 911. The fact that they capture that nuance so well tells me they do a good enough job with their physics…. That and their suspension model. Which is probably what matters most, next to tyre and weight, simulation.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
They do it because they want our attention.
Lol well they got the mods’ attention anyway.

I just hate that milquetoast passive aggressive approval seeking shit like “I just don’t get why some people like this thing. Am I the only one? Does anybody else feel this way? Is it just me?”

It’s bad enough to be a contrarian attention seeker but it’s so much worse when they don’t even have the balls to just state their opinion plainly.

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong but this new Forza has massively improved tyre physics which react to the track much more realistically.

Top Bottom