• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Leak] Forza Motorsport leaked images

Arumat

Banned
Good job microshit... That series S is really paying for itself...
Sarcastic Night GIF

LostDonkey

Already know it’s a nice looking game from earlier showcases but these pics don’t look good. And what’s up with the blur at the top of the garage pic? Someone trying to edit out something?

Probably the ID that links the participant to the leak.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The final product is likely to look a bit better than gt7, and have some great weather effects that will enhance the game a lot visually.
I am hoping for some "feel" improvements most importantly. Not that it was bad, I just want to see the controls go for 8.75 to 9.5.......

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
It doesn't look so generic as Forza and it gives me more information from one screen.
FIrst it was arcady now its generic yeah sure, and that GT7 menu looks more arcady which is what you was complaining about (not that there is anyhting wrong with it).
I was also talking about the race UI which look terrible.
What's so weird is that the whole game menu and UI in-game feels and looks so arcady. It's like they trying to mix Horizon with Motorsport...

Also the in game hud is far from terrible, its one of the most clean huds i have seen in a long time. Its very minimalistic and simple, which is far from arcady looking like you said.
1280x720.jpg

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
FIrst it was arcady now its generic yeah sure, and that GT7 menu looks more arcady which is what you was complaining about (not that there is anyhting wrong with it).

Also the in game hud is far from terrible, its one of the most clean huds i have seen in a long time. Its very minimalistic and simple, which is far from arcady looking like you said.
1280x720.jpg

Well it's both arcady and generic. The in-game hud is nothing special or "clean" in the sense of a "simcade" racer. All the info crammed up in one place?

Last edited:

Neo_game

We will know in few months. I do not know why they haven't shown the weather and night racing. Surely we need a good jump from last gen in this department at least.

RickMasters

Well it's both arcady and generic. The in-game hud is nothing special or "clean" in the sense of a "simcade" racer. All the info crammed up in one place?
Sounds to me like you are just grasping at straws.

Besides….. these games live and die by their handling model and the quality and realism of the racing Which has never been a weak area for forza.

Both GT and forza M.sport sit firmly in the simcade catagory. So they have their limits as far as realism. The UI is just the UI and has no real baring on the actual gameplay. Any real race car game fan knows this.

Lillie

Yes? I really can’t relate to your comment and the IP has a good track record.

2aByEFu.jpg

Forza Motorsport 4 is my fav, I liked 6 too, the water gameplay was cool, and I enjoyed 7 quite a bit since I played it on a triple screen setup. The campaign has been lacking for awhile now but they’re reworking that completely this time, that’ll be interesting for sure. Hoping for a VR mode, either officially or through mods, needs to happen.
why doesn't this have FM1

TrueGrime

While your driving, you want that speedometer and all the car info next to it in the center and not on the right of the screens.

Isn't this personal preference? How did gamers get through decades of racing games with the speedometer on the right side?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
as much as i love the GT world map Forza's approach looks so much better. the beautiful car render and simplistic UI really look premium, moreso than GT's world map. this is the first time a Forza Menu's actually looked good to me

I feel like Polyphony should've stuck with the world map in the reveal trailer, the one with the grey black theme. It looked so much more exciting and open

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The Motorsport games do have an audience, but it's very small compared to say, Gran Turismo, and the Forza Motorsport games have never been big commercial sellers.

Surprising, I thought it was quite a big franchise for Microsoft, with all those E3 reveals with cars coming out of the stage, etc. I assumed they were quite popular.

The game comes out in just over two months, they should show it in good condition and stop leaking that doesn't do it any favors, what they showed at E3 2023 and those images are far from what was shown in 2022.

THIS! The last showing was one of the biggest disappointing downgrades of this gen for me. Looks so much worse on Series X than the reveal in '22 which was shown at an Xbox conference. The implication being that it was going to look like that on SX!

Im sick of the downgrades and dishonesty from devs this gen. There's still some uncertainty over whether it will even have RT reflections in gameplay on SX as the last showing not even Digital Foundry could confirm for sure.

Why doesnt this look like the reveal on SX? Surely, the SX should be capable of producing something closer to that. What we saw last trailer barely looked better than Forza 7! This gen is really letting me down when first party, next gen only games, dont look or feel next gen.

Its a gamepass title, nothing to really complain here. If FH5 looks great, this cant look worse. What I think the problem is, as always, they release a trailer that is so heavily edited and they show actual gameplay with a random car and it looks so bland. More importantly, people were hyping this game as the "real" next gen engine title since GT7 was cross gen. Forza 7 Dubai track still looks stunning in 4k but at least from my perspective, sim racing games should flex more with some extra fantasy tracks because some IRL tracks, depending on location look so sterile and it doesnt matter if its a game engine from 2050, it cant look that much more eye candy.

Last edited:

Fredrik

why doesn't this have FM1
Sorry I just went to metacritic and searched for Turn 10 games, FM1 had Microsoft Game Studios as developer.
Should be at the top at metascore 92.
Forza Horizon 1 sneaked in there as well, Turn 10 was listed as dev there for some reason, should be Playground.

MCplayer

Forza Trailers would impress me alot more if they did trailer like RENNSPORT (25fps with alot of motion blur)

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My emotions with racing games are really... I've been through a journey in my life.

Most excited about:
Racing on actual fucking tracks. I hate open world racers. Racing through a city sucks. Racing around pedestrian cars sucks. Racing across a completely undefined path through the wilderness needing the UI race line to have the slightest clue as to WTF is going on sucks. Racing is about mastering the relationship with your vehicle, which is best done on closed tracks that allow the vehicle to be pushed hard in a variety of ways and can be repeated many times to perfect it. If I change my differential in a open world game I'll probably barely notice because the whole thing is so fucked. If I change to a slightly more grippy tire in a proper sim I'll notice and have to learn it.

Most concerned about:
Some fake af virtual racing management team trying to hype you up every single second you're not actively racing, which lasts about 10x too long because they will not shut up. Part of the brilliance of old GT and RRT4 is because by DESIGN CHOICE they did not overly burden you with this stuff. The career progression tale was there, they could have made it more obnoxious, yet they didn't and not because the technology limited them. Kind of like how they could have made halogen headlights super bright and blue all along; it's not because they didn't have LEDs, but they didn't before because they had good sense.

I know I'm getting the first one, so that's huge. An actual racing game. Excellent. Now if they can just either tone the jabber way down or give me something in the options to turn it off, that would be perfect. I buy a racing game to race, not to listen to virtual people talk about races and modes and tell me how awesome I am or how many virtual fans I am accumulating. Please for the love of gaming just go back to telling a little story in a passive way like RRT4 or something.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Most concerned about:
Some fake af virtual racing management team trying to hype you up every single second you're not actively racing, which lasts about 10x too long because they will not shut up. Part of the brilliance of old GT and RRT4 is because by DESIGN CHOICE they did not overly burden you with this stuff. The career progression tale was there, they could have made it more obnoxious, yet they didn't and not because the technology limited them. Kind of like how they could have made halogen headlights super bright and blue all along; it's not because they didn't have LEDs, but they didn't before because they had good sense.

I know I'm getting the first one, so that's huge. An actual racing game. Excellent. Now if they can just either tone the jabber way down or give me something in the options to turn it off, that would be perfect. I buy a racing game to race, not to listen to virtual people talk about races and modes and tell me how awesome I am or how many virtual fans I am accumulating. Please for the love of gaming just go back to telling a little story in a passive way like RRT4 or something.

Are you actually expecting a bunch of racing team management from a Forza Motorsport title?

My emotions with racing games are really... I've been through a journey in my life.

Most excited about:
Racing on actual fucking tracks. I hate open world racers. Racing through a city sucks. Racing around pedestrian cars sucks. Racing across a completely undefined path through the wilderness needing the UI race line to have the slightest clue as to WTF is going on sucks. Racing is about mastering the relationship with your vehicle, which is best done on closed tracks that allow the vehicle to be pushed hard in a variety of ways and can be repeated many times to perfect it. If I change my differential in a open world game I'll probably barely notice because the whole thing is so fucked. If I change to a slightly more grippy tire in a proper sim I'll notice and have to learn it.

Most concerned about:

To be fair you got so many of those games in the last couple years already. Nowadays there are more sim games with real life tracks than arcades. The only one I can think of are NFS and FH.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
New Road America gameplay footage coming tomorrow.

The track side detail, trees and foliage looks incredible. I also think that this is the pc version with full resolution RT reflections and RTGI.

Miami Vice Deal With It GIF

Black_Stride

Did they show any new footage? I can't find anything on youtube.

Weird. They were saying new footage would be shown yesterday.

Where is it?

No you goofs.

They said we get to see the Cadillac VSR race at Road America over the weekend (because its racing at Road America IRL.....it came fourth by the way).
And then we will get to see it racing on Road America again on October 23rd.

lKvBIvS.gif

Last edited:

skyfinch

No you goofs.

They said we get to see the Cadillac VSR race at Road America over the weekend (because its racing at Road America IRL.....it came fourth by the way).
And then we will get to see it racing on Road America again on October 23rd.

lKvBIvS.gif
" We're bringing the game IRL. Stay tuned for an exclusive look at in-game footage racing at Road America. And catch us racing live at Road America on Sunday, August 6, 11 a.m. ET on USA."

From their instagram. I don't know. The way they word it sounds like they were going to show in game footage.

Black_Stride

" We're bringing the game IRL. Stay tuned for an exclusive look at in-game footage racing at Road America. And catch us racing live at Road America on Sunday, August 6, 11 a.m. ET on USA."

From their instagram. I don't know. The way they word it sounds like they were going to show in game footage.

The tweet showed in-game footage.

I dont really use Insta so I dont know how they worded it there, but this was their Tweet:

Dr.Morris79

I want these cars in it. I dont care about super hyper shitters :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Only two of the other cars i've owned have ever been in a racing game. It's not on.

UJxBUvz.jpg
obkOsMz.jpg
zbfK8xX.jpg
iJwhGfl.jpg
CC2eJiK.jpg

Whats the chances? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom