• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

nrxxMCX.jpg

1eG1FYT.jpg

xdFBuyS.jpg

ghostmind

Series 10
Sea Captain
Sad Clown
Librarian
Grandpa
Bumblebee Girl
Roman Commander
Warrior Woman
Decorator
Tomahawk Warrior
Trendsetter
Baseball Fielder
Revolution Soldier
Motorcycle Mechanic
Medusa
Skydiver
Paintball Player

Series 11
Yeti
Evil Mech
Welder
Lady Robot
Jazz Musician
Constable
Holiday Elf
Bavarian Lady
Scarecrow
Mountain Climber
Grandma
Tiki Warrior
Gingerbread Man
Barbarian
Dinner Waitress
Scientist

yea, sure but I dont buy everything from one wishlist in one go, I buy parts of it so i don't want to delete everything from the wishlist, only the things I bought in a specific order.

If you look at a list of orders, there should be a few icons to the right of the date. The scroll one takes you to a list of all items that were on your wanted lists. From there you can check all and move or delete them. If you don't have that scroll, click Customize Display and check "Items in Order on My Wanted List Icon" and you should have it.

ghostmind

5000? That's gonna be less than 1 per box isn't it? :|

The way it is worded, it sure sounds like it.

If there was one per case, and each case can only produce 2 full sets, then by that logic there would only be 10,000 full sets in the world. That is way too low.

Speculators are going to ruin this for everyone, aren't they?

If there was one per case, and each case can only produce 2 full sets, then by that logic there would only be 10,000 full sets in the world. That is way too low.

I fear they will. Probably snatching up boxes of them before anyone else can buy. Ugh.

ghostmind

Weren't the SDCC exclusive minfigs produced at a limited quantity of 1000 for each of the four? And they are commanding $200+ each on eBay.

I may still buy a case of S10, assuming I can find one in short order. That way I can get my full set without hassle, and offer up the rest to LEGO GAF.

Series 10
Sea Captain
Sad Clown
Librarian
Grandpa
Bumblebee Girl
Roman Commander
Warrior Woman
Decorator
Tomahawk Warrior
Trendsetter
Baseball Fielder
Revolution Soldier
Motorcycle Mechanic
Medusa
Skydiver
Paintball Player

Series 11
Yeti
Evil Mech
Welder
Lady Robot
Jazz Musician
Constable
Holiday Elf
Bavarian Lady
Scarecrow
Mountain Climber
Grandma
Tiki Warrior
Gingerbread Man
Barbarian
Dinner Waitress
Scientist

I can't really see any of those as figs I want unfortunately.

Maybe Roman Commander and Tomahawk Warrior.

Part of me hopes that the gold figure is a unique mold so you can easily fish it out. That way normal people can still find the regular figures since the speculators snatched up the chase figure.

Another part of me wants the gold fig to be a plain mold or identical to one of the other figures so that it is impossible to find without opening it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Part of me hopes that the gold figure is a unique mold so you can easily fish it out. That way normal people can still find the regular figures since the speculators snatched up the chase figure.

Another part of me wants the gold fig to be a plain mold or identical to one of the other figures so that it is impossible to find without opening it.

If it's not this, you'll likely never see one, as employees will get to them first. It's like the Gold skylanders.

Well, if the speculators grab lots of boxes, maybe they'll sell opened bags of the rest cheap on eBay/CL.

Vyer

Seeing your avatar I have a (weird) question for you :p

Does your Batman have really white eyes? The bandana/eyes on mine is a bit pinkish. Like the white paint on the head is a bit transparant. It bugs me and I am considering sticking tiny white stickers on the head so that his eyes are whiter.

Question is also for other peeps who have a Batman fig

Every Batman fig I've seen has that slight fading in the band.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but are we expecting there to be a double VIP promotion in March? I'm dying to head over to the LEGO store for my birthday in February, but I'll hold off until March if there's going to be double VIP.

Mention of those SDCC exclusive figures just annoys me so much, I would have loved them but for those prices? Forget that. It's bad enough on Craigslist where people think small sets from the 90's are worth 40 bucks or more when I can find them online for five bucks...those gold minifigs will lead to madness, haha.

Watch me try to get one just for the hell of it...=/

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Series 10
Sea Captain
Sad Clown
Librarian
Grandpa
Bumblebee Girl
Roman Commander
Warrior Woman
Decorator
Tomahawk Warrior
Trendsetter
Baseball Fielder
Revolution Soldier
Motorcycle Mechanic
Medusa
Skydiver
Paintball Player

Series 11
Yeti
Evil Mech
Welder
Lady Robot
Jazz Musician
Constable
Holiday Elf
Bavarian Lady
Scarecrow
Mountain Climber
Grandma
Tiki Warrior
Gingerbread Man
Barbarian
Dinner Waitress
Scientist

Re-pasting someone's educated guesses based on parts appearing in the LEGO database for those who haven't seen it before:

Tin Soldier is for a book release.

EDIT: On hindsight, the "punk hairdo" should go to the tomahawk guy who'll obviously be wielding a tomahawk instead of that spear. Librarian girl uses a different hairdo, visor on paintball guy.

Fowler

Just confirmed a big trip for me... heading to the US for 7 weeks, 5 of them working in Atlanta.

Going to hit up a real proper Lego store for the first time. Suddenly had the urge to raid the PAB wall and create something I've been thinking about for a while, but never got around to... a map of Westeros (Game of Thrones) in Lego to go underneath the surface of our glass dining table. Always bugged me that there was a space under there but we never use it...

ghostmind

Mention of those SDCC exclusive figures just annoys me so much, I would have loved them but for those prices? Forget that. It's bad enough on Craigslist where people think small sets from the 90's are worth 40 bucks or more when I can find them online for five bucks...those gold minifigs will lead to madness, haha.

Watch me try to get one just for the hell of it...=/

I had a person at SDCC trying to get at least one of the minifigs for me, but unfortunately they were not picked in any of the draws.

Re-pasting someone's educated guesses based on parts appearing in the LEGO database for those who haven't seen it before:

Tin Soldier is for a book release.

EDIT: On hindsight, the "punk hairdo" should go to the tomahawk guy who'll obviously be wielding a tomahawk instead of that spear. Librarian girl uses a different hairdo, visor on paintball guy.

I see a Rory Pond, Captain Haddock and a painter to replace the one in Pet Shop?

Naka

Something that was just pointed out in a set review I was watching:

K0gTavy.jpg

Checked my set, and it is the same.

I went to the LEGO store at lunch today and all of them are like this. I hadn't picked it up yet so I decided to snag it before they fix it. I'm sure it's not going to make a huge difference in the scheme of things but the collector in me had to do it.

I almost bought 79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike today but when I realized it was 25 bucks with the same piece count as the Batman set I decided against it. I'll wait for it to go on sale at Amazon or something.

R-User!

Screw them. I shouldn't have to resort to that to get the regular figures. But sadly, I see that happening.

That's why you better get your bag handling skills down pat right now, or at least be prepared to buy every Minifig bag that you see at Toys "R" Us or Target and feel them at home and then return them.

Built the eagle creator set last night. Although only a pocket money set (£9.99 over here), its straight into my top sets ever, and certainly my favourite ever small set. Right up there with R2D2 and VW camper IMO. It's such a great looking model, and posable, and an interesting (if short) build.

During building - just before you build the head - I was also getting an itch to do other bird MOCs. The body is so simple yet effective, and as you build it you can imagine it working well for smaller birds too.

Liking the Creator eagle a lot. Highly posable.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
My little boy is on a huge Toy Story kick at the moment, so I snagged all these cheap on eBay. Truth is, he's a little young for them - they are really for me.

vT8Ne0F.jpg

Not pictured: the Build-a-Buzz set still on the way, the Toy Story train (got cheap at a TRU here in the UK last week), and the RC car set I bought last year.

It's things like this that prove I've got it baaaaaad. One day, GAF, I will show you a pic of the wardrobe in my spare room that is just rammed with boxes. And which has the boxes for the Death Star on top.

But hey - at least I can sell all this on in a few years to start a college fees fund for my kid, right?

wetwired

Previous series (except 4 I think) have had 3 sets per box.

I hope they're not the minifigures that are in the sets, I hope it's just gold legs, torso and head\hair with no printing

SpeedNut

Well my Lighthouse was "delivered" by USPS today and it's nowhere to be found. Filed the appropriate stuff with them and should hear back tomorrow where it ended up. The sad part is that the Mrs. was home all day long too.

yea, sure but I dont buy everything from one wishlist in one go, I buy parts of it so i don't want to delete everything from the wishlist, only the things I bought in a specific order.

You can do it, but only when you have actually just finished the purchase. When you have finished checkout, there should be an option to "view items in this order on your wishlist" or something similar to that. However, I think that is your only chance to do this. Obviously it doesn't help you now, but look for that option the next time you check out. Hope that helps.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just got an email from LEGO support. I ordered parts a month ago and one item has been out of stock. I've emailed them twice asking if it shipped. The email I just received apologized for the delay and they have shipped the order without the part that is back ordered. They will send it out in a few weeks when it is restocked. They are also sending me a $20 gift card for my trouble. Best customer service ever!

Fire Brigade has jumped back to $150 on Amazon. Target seems to be the only place still at the $120 price point. Signs of stock running out? (Amazon also stopped discounting the last few sets of the Imperial Shuttle).

Top Bottom