• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Tck7OHx.jpg

aEU57ep.jpg

The trailer is just the cut scenes from the 2nd Lego Batman game. That's disappointing.

ghostmind

Whats this?? You can't just drop stuff like that. Why does that other picture show a bigger collectors type box behind it? That's too big for just a mini fig.

They redid all the cutscenes from the most recent LEGO Batman game and added new content to flesh it out and stitch it together. Not sure what the larger box is, but it could be a book, or the release has multiple editions.

Ponn

Banned
They redid all the cutscenes from the most recent LEGO Batman game and added new content to flesh it out and stitch it together. Not sure what the larger box is, but it could be a book, or the release has multiple editions.

Oh so its just a collection of cut scenes from the game. Boooooo... Thats a nice mini fig though and if I jump into Lego DC Superheroes like i'm planning I might want that.

Edit: on that note i'm taking a little out of my tax refund fund and some credit at Amazon and decided to take the first plunge into Lego DC. Ordered Lego Batman 2 Vita for 15 bucks and the Lego Arctic Batman set, WOOHOO!

IronRinn

This week I finally decided to start building the Imperial Shuttle I bought months ago, even though I have no place to display the damn thing. Was finishing up tonight, and began the stand when I realized I was missing a piece. This is the third UCS Star Wars set I've purchased that was missing pieces and they're always in the fucking stand! Will dig around in my spares and see if I can find a replacement. If not I'll get in touch with LEGO. Other than that, the kit was a lot of fun to build, though the wings became a bit of a bore. Thing is huge too. Didn't realize how big it was before starting.

R-User!

Whats this?? You can't just drop stuff like that. Why does that other picture show a bigger collectors type box behind it? That's too big for just a mini fig.

For the release of The Padawan Menace on Blu-ray, the regular Blu-ray case was inserted into a similar sized box as the one that ghostmind posted; it was so that there could be room in the box for a cardboard filler to display the Young Han Solo minifig - but of course, it could be an Art Book in addition as well or something for this release...

Hmm i am considering 79002: Attack of the Wargs solely for the pieces, seems to have a lot of brown and foliage pieces, also comes with some orange and blue flames which i could use. Plus it's on sale, what to do? ;o(

Shame i don't really see any uses for those Warg figs since they're so specific you can't really use them for much else than Hobbit/LOTR scenes!

Chuckie

Hmm i am considering 79002: Attack of the Wargs solely for the pieces, seems to have a lot of brown and foliage pieces, also comes with some orange and blue flames which i could use. Plus it's on sale, what to do? ;o(

Shame i don't really see any uses for those Warg figs since they're so specific you can't really use them for much else than Hobbit/LOTR scenes!

Where are they on sale?

wetwired

I just realised while working on ecto 1 some more that I haven't really built any real MOCs since starting the first LEGO thread and that I haven't built anything for about 3 years. Not since my daughter was born.

I came to the realisation after thinking about posting progress pics of where I'm at so far for feedback and realising I haven't done it here yet.

I just realised while working on ecto 1 some more that I haven't really built any real MOCs since starting the first LEGO thread and that I haven't built anything for about 3 years. Not since my daughter was born.

I came to the realisation after thinking about posting progress pics of where I'm at so far for feedback and realising I haven't done it here yet.

Wait what about that Cuusoo Tumbler of yours?

I did that in like 2008 before the dark knight came out, it was actually the first thing I made coming out of my dark ages

oh ok, i thought that was super recent... well anyway that ain't half bad for a first project (by half bad i mean pretty fucking awesome) i'd rather not speak about my first lol...

wetwired

What actually got you guys back into Lego? assuming you stopped at some point during childhood.

It was the Star Wars Lego games that kind of raised my awareness. Then the Indiana Jones Lego came out which I swooned over and bought all of the first wave in one hit from eBay. I then discovered the Lego Digital Designer program which is where I designed the tumbler. Then discovered the modular sets, bought the green grocer and then it was all down hill from there...

Chuckie

What actually got you guys back into Lego? assuming you stopped at some point during childhood.

It was the Star Wars Lego games that kind of raised my awareness. Then the Indiana Jones Lego came out which I swooned over and bought all of the first wave in one hit from eBay. I then discovered the Lego Digital Designer program which is where I designed the tumbler. Then discovered the modular sets, bought the green grocer and then it was all down hill from there...

You fuckers got me into LEGO again ;)

This is what I posted slightly over a year ago:

I love these sets, with the 'traditional' classic buildings. Does this line have a name?

It was a response to the modular Grand Emporium.... and then I bought it... and then it started again.

well I have had a certain LEGO itch for years, and then two years ago I got all my old LEGO from my parents, sorted it and built a few things like this Viper MkII

Then I sorted all the LEGO into neat boxes and put it aside.

All was well and my itch was no more.

Then a year ago I made the mistake of buying some new LEGO
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35152445&postcount=2604

and I have spent more on LEGO in the last year than on anything else xD
this thread is not helping, I can assure you all :p

Rhaegar

I actually never had LEGO growing up, I think due to household income and my preference for video games as gifts. I did play with sets that my friends had, and have some pretty fond memories.

I think my interest was piqued again when I started playing the LEGO video games, starting with LEGO Star Wars. Loved the humor, collectathon nature, and really enjoyed the franchises the games were based on. This led to me checking out the LEGO aisle now and again, but never led to any purchases.

Then I began checking out this thread. Started with innocent little sets like Gandalf's Arrival, then Catwoman Chase. Then I had to pick up Seaside House for my wife as a gift due to her infatuation oceanside living and the idea that building sets together would be a fun activity. Then we just happened to stop by the local LEGO store and walked out with Fire Brigade and a desire to eventually collect the other modulars...

Now it's a habit. I've probably been averaging about 2 or 3 medium sized LEGO sets per month since the fall, mostly LOTR and Super Heroes with a few Star Wars sets. The saddest part for me is that my building time is really limited due to not being able to build while my son (who is 20 months) is awake and roaming around our apartment, as well as my current job as a training physician working on average 70 hrs/week since the summer. I keep telling myself that I'm just building a backlog so that I can really hit the ground running as soon as I have some downtime.

The Lego store opening up in Colorado is what got me back into Lego. That and seeing the Century Airport set which brought up a flood of memories.

Bought the two sets for FlixFantatier's MOC contests from last year. It kind of escalated quickly from there.

(I blame FlixFantatier and PhoncipleBone for my present financial circumstances.)

speaking of which, we really should get #3 on track some time soon.

Agreed. I am thinking one of the cheap, new Creator sets like the Fierce Flyer or Robot one.

As for what got me back into LEGO? The original thread that Wetwired made. I clicked through a few times, thought "those look cool." Etc. Then I started looking at the new Star Wars stuff people were raving about, such as the X-Wing. So I went out and bought the X-Wing and TIE Fighter and it was all downhill from there.

Next was the Imperial Shuttle, which was my first taste of a massive set. And after that was Fire Brigade. Then my wallet cried the rest of the year.

The problem with scratching the itch with super massive sets so early is that that becomes all you crave. It was like I had tasted the filet mignon. Why would I go back to the chuck steak?

Then the problem became me buying many sets just to strip for parts for MOCing. It was after I took apart Tower Bridge last spring and made something, I needed MORE! And finally I caved in and did what I said I would never do: start buying the mini figure series.

Ugh. I blame Wetwired for making the original thread. And then all the other members for awakening some horrible disease within me.

Fowler

I always kept my eye on Lego, and played the games, but never really had a huge urge to buy any sets. I did buy the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom set because it was the final one on clearance in Toys R Us, and it just felt like a fun one-off purchase. (I debated going back for the AT-AT, but never did, something I HUGELY regret.)

I had to buy a lot of colored bricks for use in my show -- I produce a news show on CNN International, and we like using props a lot, and Lego is obviously an extremely flexible tool for use in visualizing things.

Just after launching the show, I went on holiday to Japan, went to a store to look at the Lego there, and saw the Shuttle Expedition set.

Fell in love with it right away.

I bought it (even though it was probably overpriced and didn't fit in my suitcase), built it as soon as I got home, and loved it. Then I started looking at other sets. And other Lego fans. And that led me to the original thread on GAF, and... here I am.

ruxtpin

Banned

This thread.

I bought the UCS Jedi Starfighter early last year when it was 50% off. Figured I'd buy one or two sets to put on display in the home office/man cave.

What the hell!? I'm running out of room in my closet. I think I've easily spent 3k on Lego over the last year.

Toppot

Looking at this thread to see what Lego is like these days. Then seeing the minifigures in stores, I just had to have the bunny. £20 later and I got 2 with a load more I didn't want.

Then PhoncipleBone posted the photos of Deadpool. Wolverines Chopper showdown was bought soon after.

Then I had a chance to get 20% off the Farnsworth House, and now that sits proudly in my front room (Dat interior detail).

I think I have scratched the itch for now. Might want to get one of the golden minifigs for series 10, and I'd like a chicken suit guy, a few other minifigs (Ginney Weasley, SDCC Black Suit Spider-man, normal Spider-man, Venom) but I'm ok for now, I'll just keep lurking and see if anything new catches my eye.

EDIT: The excellent Lego games probably also helped push me back to Lego.

Looking at this thread to see what Lego is like these days. Then seeing the minifigures in stores, I just had to have the bunny. £20 later and I got 2 with a load more I didn't want.

Then PhoncipleBone posted the photos of Deadpool. Wolverines Chopper showdown was bought soon after.

Then I had a chance to get 20% off the Farnsworth House, and now that sits proudly in my front room (Dat interior detail).

I think I have scratched the itch for now
. Might want to get one of the golden minifigs for series 10, and I'd like a chicken suit guy, a few other minifigs (Ginney Weasley, SDCC Black Suit Spider-man, normal Spider-man, Venom) but I'm ok for now, I'll just keep lurking and see if anything new catches my eye.

EDIT: The excellent Lego games probably also helped push me back to Lego.

Your restraint ability is admirable.

R-User!

I can buy set 7498 Police Station for (RRP $99.00) for 30% off plus 5% Target card for 71.98 out the door including tax!!!

Problem is, it's a "repackage" at Target because the front top left corner has a 3"x2" tear that was taped shut...

Should I buy it LEGO GAF? PhoncipleBone?

LEGO GAF Kenobi, your my only hope!

P.S. my son already has the set, but I thought that another set would be good for the windows and the extra white black and grey pieces as well as the extra city street baseplates for the front of our future Modular streets!

I can buy set 7498 Police Station for (RRP $99.00) for 30% off plus 5% Target card for 71.98 out the door including tax!!!

Problem is, it's a "repackage" at Target because the front top left corner has a 3"x2" tear that was taped shut...

Should I buy it LEGO GAF? PhoncipleBone?

LEGO GAF Kenobi, your my only hope!

Buy it. Who cares about the box on it? I have eyed that set just for parts and would love to get it at that price.

Brickset is saying the golden figure will start with Series 11.

how many, one per box or one in 10 boxes?
never mind checked bricklink, one per box...
ok complete box being bought confirmed too...
so the series have 17 figures for all I care... that will screw up my Ribba display cases...

Top Bottom