• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Yup. Over 1000 pieces.

I still want a new space base built on a baseplate. I know we wont get a moon crater plate, but a new space base of some kind would be nice.

You should MOC up a bug base - i think it would be a pretty cool project with weird angles, curved surfaces, and lots of trans-green, etc.

ghostmind

I need more trans green. Got lots of trans yellow from Blacktron though. And Space Police trans red.

Trans-red and that lime green they are using for the bugs would work well I think. You could use lunar plates as the base, since they are perfect for this theme.

I imagine the GS base as being almost pure white, with a few color highlights to represent the individual squads, and lots of trans-clear bubbles and doors.

rallaren

Will the Titan be the flagship Galaxy Squad set then?
It'll be the most expensive by the looks of it. Checking the theme out again both Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporiser looks pretty cool if you want those kind of features.

Edit: Just realised Scarlett Johansson is Black Widow in the Quinjet set. Nice.

beje

Banned
I like switching the models of the Log Cabin I have for display in my room from time to time but today I decided to go a little bit wild (just a bit)

mF6P1M8.jpg

Uploading a time lapse of building the UCS R2-D2. Took only about 3 and a half hours to rebuild from start to finish. 4 at most. This was a helluva lot of fun to rebuild.

L1wYJ67.jpg

Recent acquisitions. Started building the Z-95 last night, pretty fun build so far.

They're making me wait until bag 4 until I can get Pong Krell out though, so he isn't allowed to supervise the build.

Yeah I know, not much love for Clone Wars in here lol.

L1wYJ67.jpg

Recent acquisitions. Started building the Z-95 last night, pretty fun build so far.

They're making me wait until bag 4 until I can get Pong Krell out though, so he isn't allowed to supervise the build.

The minifigs being in random bags I think is partly to combat people opening boxes in the store and stealing the minifigs. This will help, but if you view the instructions online, you can figure out which bags have minifigs.

The minifigs being in random bags I think is partly to combat people opening boxes in the store and stealing the minifigs. This will help, but if you view the instructions online, you can figure out which bags have minifigs.

You still have to get all of that number, as they usually spread the pieces among a few bags now instead of all of them being in one of the bags with the number.

EDIT:
What to do on an afternoon off? Build an Astromech Droid.

I went back home to a small town in Minnesota for spring break this week. At Target, they had a bunch of S7 and S8 minifigures. Between my girlfriend and myself, I think we bought 22 or 23 of them.

We went to the lego store at the Mall of America and I did pick-a-brick for the first time. I forgot to save the strategy somebody posted, and neither of us could get internet access to look for it again, so we just kind of winged it. I think we did alright. I also got the spring set with the trees and little bench thing. Instead of building that, though, I combined some of those pieces with a bunch of the green and brown pieces I got at PAB and made a neat little forest scene.

I can take pictures and put them up tomorrow if anyone wants to see it.

Also, my small home town has some old(er) stuff. The Fleet Farm there had a few Pharoahs Quest sets. 3 of the big pyramid set, and then a few smaller sets I didn't really get a look at, as well as one Atlantis set. The Target had a few Atlantis polybag things. I bricklink'd some of the sets and I think I could have made a total of like ~$10 profit on reselling the PQ sets, but the Atlantis stuff was above what BL was listing. Oh well.

First off, Quinjet OOP? Since when?

Second: $25!!? Holy crap. Helluva deal. Worth it at $70, but that discount is criminal. Congrats on getting a boss set for so cheap.

Well out of print in my shit town that only has major department stores. And overpriced on Amazon.

Edit: well last time I checked on Amazon

Fire Brigade or Pet Shop provide the most fun builds. Grand Emporium and Palace Cinema provide the best looks.

Pet Shop!

It is broken up into really fun, manageable sections. Fire Brigade is great, but the depth of the first floor can be frustrating unless you have tiny hands. Grand Emporium is beautiful and has a badass chandelier. Do any of the other modulars have a chandelier? No.

R-User!

I got 2 1/2 cups from the Lego store yesterday: I'll post pics when I have time later today. Suffice to say: Dat Palace Cinema Red! ;)

mrkgoo

You still have to get all of that number, as they usually spread the pieces among a few bags now instead of all of them being in one of the bags with the number.

EDIT:
What to do on an afternoon off? Build an Astromech Droid.

That was really cool. Thanks for sharing! Loved the ending :)

I have in my cupboard one of those planet sets with the x-wing and minifig. I bought it on a sale for perhaps a gift for someone, but I'm kinda tempted to open it. I already bought a set a few weeks ago, the creator tow truck!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Amazon UK has the Wolverine Chopper Showdown for £13.40. Not a bad deal, especially with those minifigs, right? Seeing as I was considering picking it up for £20 a little while ago I'm pretty pleased with that.

I got 2 1/2 cups from the Lego store yesterday: I'll post pics when I have time later today. Suffice to say: Dat Palace Cinema Red! ;)

I'm pretty sure you don't mean you filled your cup with some dark red bricks. If you did, I need to check out my local LEGO stores.

Amazon UK has the Wolverine Chopper Showdown for £13.40. Not a bad deal, especially with those minifigs, right? Seeing as I was considering picking it up for £20 a little while ago I'm pretty pleased with that.

Don't wait! Sometimes those deals go fast! Buy 2. Who doesn't want 2 Wolverines and 2 Deadpools?

Clockwork5

I got the VW bus Lego set for my gf at the time for Christmas, she broke up with me a couple days later, uggh. I really wanted to put that thing together :( $90 wasted lol Anyway this thread just reminded me of that. Maybe Ill get another one, I heard it was kind of a pain to assemble though.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Don't wait! Sometimes those deals go fast! Buy 2. Who doesn't want 2 Wolverines and 2 Deadpools?

Haha, I didn't! I picked one up when I saw it, just thought I'd post about it because I'd been recommended it on here before. Funny that it essentially brings it down to the full price it is in the US (£13.40 = $20.27). Stupid UK prices!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator

I got one from the local Tesco for £15 last week, but that's much cheaper now.

Seem to be a lot of Ninjago (year 2) and Monster Fighter sets reduced too, but not sure if any of it is online?

L1wYJ67.jpg

I loveeeee the Awing set. Such a fun little build and the model itself is awesome.

Shitty iPad pic incoming

2jPdbKpl.jpg

It wasn't that i didn't believe you, more that i am utterly shocked at just HOW such a thing is possible? I mean those are some huge HUGE discounts, they're practically giving away these sets for free, i wonder what the actual reason behind this is bar a mistake on their part?

It wasn't that i didn't believe you, more that i am utterly shocked at just HOW such a thing is possible? I mean those are some huge HUGE discounts, they're practically giving away these sets for free, i wonder what the actual reason behind this is bar a mistake on their part?

Most large shops in the US move the older lines into the clearance section. When the store manager gets a clearance budget, he/she can use it anyway they want and they usually allot it to sections where display space is important. They start marking items down by about 10% every week. If not too many people in the store's coverage area are into Lego, sets can drop down by 50%-70% before someone sees them.

Not the most efficient way for the store to dispose of the items but good for some savvy customers.

Most large shops in the US move the older lines into the clearance section. When the store manager gets a clearance budget, he/she can use it anyway they want and they usually allot it to sections where display space is important. They start marking items down by about 10% every week. If not too many people in the store's coverage area are into Lego, sets can drop down by 50%-70% before someone sees them.

Not the most efficient way for the store to dispose of the items but good for some savvy customers.

78% discount in this case actually... i suppose it's even MORE of a shock if you compare it to our meager Euro discounts we get lol :(

built the Shuttle Expedition last week, very nice, and it just looks awesome when completed

ps. I didn't add the stickers they where already on it (as I bought it used)
will continue not using stickers :p

Ironmask

built the Shuttle Expedition last week, very nice, and it just looks awesome when completed

ps. I didn't add the stickers they where already on it (as I bought it used)
will continue not using stickers :p

I'm tempted to get it, but i'm afraid that the three rockets will be boring to build. What is your impression on them?

I'm tempted to get it, but i'm afraid that the three rockets will be boring to build. What is your impression on them?

like with wings I never get the complaining, its in the nature of things if you have to build two ore more it might become monotone.
the Rockets aren't especially interesting to build, but it looks great when done.
and its OOP, so if you see it and still crave it (even a bit) get it ;)

Top Bottom