• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

A_p3K5fCcAAT73u.jpg

Yes...daddy's new Capital Ship has arrived. Longest work shift ever knowing this was sitting in the trunk.

With Arkham Asylum to be mine as soon as I see it on shelves, I decided that my various Marvel and DC superheros will need help cleaning up the filth from my modular city, so here come the cops!

download445E7102F7DA77F0A5C4388E05B82193.jpg

download60E9DDA7C0A6B2C17AD3A61FE0D8258A.jpg

I just got a catalog in the mail with a 10% coupon. Damn, now I gotta figure out how to use it effectively. I also noticed that the Rancor Pit is available now. Did anyone get it yet?

Think I will go with Helms Deep over GE, as then I'm left with money to go towards other kits I really want, such as the Y-Wing and Desert Skiff! Could always grab the Mini Modular kit in the future too!

I finished the GE about 10 minutes ago and I was very, very happy with it. The first floor might be my favorite "bag" yet. Fantastic and clever details throughout. I'm a bit thrown by how the third floor & roof don't securely fasten to the base though.

I also got a Y-Wing for "cheap" due to a damaged box today...$40 CDN...on the same day I said I was done with SW LEGO.

I just got a catalog in the mail with a 10% coupon. Damn, now I gotta figure out how to use it effectively. I also noticed that the Rancor Pit is available now. Did anyone get it yet?

If you dont want that coupon, (or if anyone here wants to help a brother out), I will take it off your hands. I need to make a special day trip to get to a LEGO store, and plan to do it rather soon. A coupon would be divine.

R-User!

My son was real excited about chicken suit guy and the knight, but he really wanted the cyclops. Going to have to try and find that one next time.

Dat Club!

Thin cylinder "stick" leading to "bumpy baseball bat"!

That should help you get it if you have trouble feeling sacs...

.... I'm seriously reminded of the large number of double entendres that bubble up in the fighting game community... Sticks and ball tops and all that. -_-

A_qwSFfCQAACpZy.jpg

Box one of three completed. About 3 and a half hours to get to that. Yeah, this sucker is huge. How long is my dining room table? The length of a LEGO Super Star Destroyer.

Awesome. I cant wait to find series 9 stuff. Gotta get a few Chicken Suits to have both Deadpool and Hulk parading around in them. And once I get a Spidey figure, it will be even better.

That ship never really did much for me. I was going to buy the B-Wing but looked at it at the Lego store and was kinda turned off by how big it was.

I would love a new TIE Advanced.

Y-Wing will complete the New Hope selection of ships. At least until another TIE Advanced. And the Y-Wing was one of the best builds of the ships out there.

wetwired

I've been enjoying Shelob. She is just a great pose-able piece of Lego. Deadpool and Wolverine are awesome mini figs too. Here is Shelob vs Deadpool (with a tiny bit of help from Wolvie)
Yeah. Long after all my other lotr sets had been dissemble and put away she sat on my desk or clawing over my monitor. The spider set for the hobbit was pretty much the only set that peaked my interest from that line for that reason.

ghostmind

So as someone mentioned this a bit earlier in the thread...

When the remaining 9 years of the Star Wars contract with Lego are up, then what?

Well, the new trilogy will likely be released, so we'll have that covered with LEGO sets. Unless Disney buys Hasbro, or decides to shack up with Kre-O or MegaBloks afterwards, I would expect a new contract to be signed.

Unless Disney buys LEGO.

Well, the new trilogy will likely be released, so we'll have that covered with LEGO sets. Unless Disney buys Hasbro, or decides to shack up with Kre-O or MegaBloks afterwards, I would expect a new contract to be signed.

Unless Disney buys LEGO.

seems like a very lucrative contract for both sides, see no reason to can it in 10 years, doubt it will have changed by then.
just hope they dont go the megablocks/kreo route.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Please Lego Gaf, you are my only hope!

I was gong to say 'if you mainly want helms deep as a castle set, then you could wait because lego has a big castle set coming out in 2013, probably for less'. But then I read that you got other LotR sets so are likely a fan.

What can I say? Quite a dilemma. I don't think I could ignore Helms deep for 50% off. I'd just risk the modular not being available when you save back up for it.

15% off plus £20 is a nice deal, but AFOL will be around again, and your VIP points won't go away

Only caveat is that helms deep is a regular set and often discounted at amazon (check UK, Italy and Spain), wheras the modulars are exclusives and only through lego retail in the UK. But if you haven't gotten into modulars yet, and your comments strongly sway towards LotR with GE more a curiosity really

Yeah. Long after all my other lotr sets had been dissemble and put away she sat on my desk or clawing over my monitor. The spider set for the hobbit was pretty much the only set that peaked my interest from that line for that reason.

Yeah I like the look of the spiders for the Hobbit. Might have to pick it up for some little Shelob babies.

beje

Banned
The Log Cabin finally arrives home today (got it at a heavy discount) so I think that as soon as I build the 3 versions I'll have a pretty good idea at how to make houses and start MOCing it. I will complement it with one of the new Creator houses that were leaked later down the road so I can make bigger stuff, maybe one of the last year ones too if I can get them for cheap.

Lego store STILL hasn't updated my order "processing" still ugh, they really seem to be overburdened this time or something, already emailed em but no answer yet, i guess their customer service has their hands full too!

Lego store STILL hasn't updated my order "processing" still ugh, they really seem to be overburdened this time or something, already emailed em but no answer yet, i guess their customer service has their hands full too!

Are you in Europe? My order changed overnight to shipped and it's with TNT now.

Are you in Europe? My order changed overnight to shipped and it's with TNT now.

Yup Europe here

though to be fair, the item i ordered IS currently not available and it says it will be in Feb 7th, but that shouldn't have bearing on the "processing" status

edit: I just noticed that we now get free shipping for any order above 55 euro, the Lego Shop just got a WHOLE lot more interesting!! I wonder if my order which was placed before this took effect will now have free shipping as well or not...

Yup Europe here

though to be fair, the item i ordered IS currently not available and it says it will be in Feb 7th, but that shouldn't have bearing on the "processing" status

edit: I just noticed that we now get free shipping for any order above 55 euro, the Lego Shop just got a WHOLE lot more interesting!! I wonder if my order which was placed before this took effect will now have free shipping as well or not...

I order ordered 2 of the new SW sets and it said "backordering" which I would have thought would apply better to items not yet available like yours.

Check your order and see if the shipping is zero, mine qualified and shows zero shipping.

My only annoyance now is that I sent the order to my work address thinking it would take a few days and after today I'm not in the office till Tuesday.

A_qwSFfCQAACpZy.jpg

Box one of three completed. About 3 and a half hours to get to that. Yeah, this sucker is huge. How long is my dining room table? The length of a LEGO Super Star Destroyer.
Damn, fast work!

I've only done the bottom plate on mine though it's partially because I'm waiting for my nephew to help as he was really excited about it.

Damnit, i just checked Bricklink and... let's just say if prices have risen collectively on an item over just the last couple days, is it safe to say they are going nowhere but UP from now on or can they also decrease? :( i shoulda probably ordered a couple days back!

It looks kinda like Indiana's girl from Temple of Doom! My son has that car chase set from the opening of that movie.

Edit: YES! It is. I'm staing at my sons minifig chick right now and he has a happy face and a scared
face.

The scared face matches! ;)

THANKS for the info!

EDIT: but wait, if this head is from Temple of Doom, wouldn't it be in a flesh-tone? In the picture the head looks yellow ... hm ... hmmm

EDIT2: but yeah ok it is the one

3626bpb351.jpg

Damn, fast work!

I've only done the bottom plate on mine though it's partially because I'm waiting for my nephew to help as he was really excited about it.

I do build rather fast. Started at about 1030 or so that night, and ended at 230. But there was about a half hour break to eat pancakes at midnight. Will probably finish box two tonight after work, but dont know if I will stay up quite as late. So maybe not all of box 2, but a good chunk of it.
Hearing how many on here stretch out the builds over such long periods of time just sounds odd to me. Don't know how you all do it. I am just too excited to rip into sets that I just plow through them.

And on a different note: I asked this in regards to Marty's post last night, but does anyone have a 10% off coupon from the newest catalog that they are willing to part with? I should be making my trek to the LEGO store in MA in a few weeks, and a coupon would be divine if no one is going to be using theirs.

man my flat is in absolute chaos while I try to pack everything and flog off al my furniture, and yet I cannot resist the temptation of going out to get some "entertainment" for myself...
xD
*must resist*

man my flat is in absolute chaos while I try to pack everything and flog off al my furniture, and yet I cannot resist the temptation of going out to get some "entertainment" for myself...
xD
*must resist*

I am going to post something completely shocking: do not buy anything.

Wait until you are in the new home (you are moving if I remember correctly), and then spoil yourself with some new insane set. Think of it as a personal house warming gift.

I am going to post something completely shocking: do not buy anything.

Wait until you are in the new home (you are moving if I remember correctly), and then spoil yourself with some new insane set. Think of it as a personal house warming gift.

mmm I like, when doing so I will try to ignore the large stack of untouched LEGO boxes, or the backlog of doom as we called it...

[edit]
nothing is as shocking as your new avatar

pps: its still not LEGO in the title :p

I am moving as well but only toward the end of the year so i am already hoarding/stocking sets now like a madman that i will then gradually build and put on display in my new office/mancave room :)

On Eurobricks they are rumoring an Orthanc Tower set right now... some weird leaked image, probaly fake though.

Still, imagine the possibilities, i'd buy that SOLELY to put Saruman on top, conjuring a Lightning storm or holding one of those awesome long winded monologues!

R-User!

ghostmind said:
Interesting...

PhoncipleBone said:
Interesting...

Translated from French:

That's all I have to offer ... A reference: 10237 The Tower of Orthanc, and an image: one who is in the white box above.
This image comes from flickr gallery motayan , the tower itself was blurred, but it clearly distinguishes the dimensions shown in inches, which when converted to cm gives us a tall building of 73 cm and a base of a diameter of 21 cm.
We distinguish the edge of the logo " Confidential "in LEGO usual visual and seems to be from a document that is not intended for the general public (p we see is the last letter of Group).
If all this is not a fake, with such measurements, we have the right to set type UCS, Modular, Collector, call it what you like, but it's going to be very, very heavy ...

UCS!? 28.74 inches tall by 9 inches wide.....

Not big enough! But it's double the height of R2 and that's 2000+ pieces, soooo..... Hmmm...

Top Bottom