• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Lord of the Rings |OT| Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

Oh man, I'm going to have to open my game from Amazon after I get home from work. I wonder if this is only affecting GameStop or other retailers as well.

MrDaravon

Our Gamestop also said tomorrow, but now I'm wondering if that's actually going to be accurate. Maybe places that had it out today got the first shipment, and places getting it tomorrow are going to be the "correct" second shipment, or it's possible that it's going to be delayed further? My wife was seriously crushed when she found out they weren't going to have it today.

Snaku

Banned
I just refuse to drop $50 on a Lego game, especially when I know it'll run better on my PC than my PS3 for $20 less.

Can you co-op on the PC with both people using the 360 controller? I would like to get this for my wife, but would prefer to get it on PC instead of PS3.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any impressions of this on 360 or PS3?

Have not played a lego game since the first star wars games.... I hope they have improved since then. I'm interested in this because of the LOTR theme

Gameplay is basically the same on recent lego games - jokey but well meaning cutscenes, infinite lives, odd split screen co-op (not a fan).

But from pirates of the Caribbean onwards I think, they revamped the graphics so it looks great now.

Still churning through batman 2, so might pick this up after Christmas, although I'm watching the movies with my kids at the moment so might get the game a bit sooner than that.

mujun

Gameplay is basically the same on recent lego games - jokey but well meaning cutscenes, infinite lives, odd split screen co-op (not a fan).

But from pirates of the Caribbean onwards I think, they revamped the graphics so it looks great now.

Still churning through batman 2, so might pick this up after Christmas, although I'm watching the movies with my kids at the moment so might get the game a bit sooner than that.

Still spend most of the time doing the same (boring) puzzles?

Draconian

Any impressions of this on 360 or PS3?

Have not played a lego game since the first star wars games.... I hope they have improved since then. I'm interested in this because of the LOTR theme

I played the prologue. It's pretty much what you'd expect. Voice acting and story almost straight from the movies with the typically tongue in cheek Lego humor. Puzzle solving is pretty similar to Lego Batman 2, and the game is really gorgeous.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Note: Handheld versions do NOT feature an open world to explore in between story levels.

Aw, man! When will people start using all that RAM in the Vita. First Batman and then this. I think I'm expecting way too much for year one of it.

Will get it on PS3 then.

I am gonna get this (PC) but I'm disappointed there's still no online co-op in these games. It's hard to believe actually... why local and no online? doesn't make sense considering there's been so many Lego games so you'd think they'd have figured out how to do it by now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to see a LEGO: Shindler's List.

TMNT is probably next
tmnt_lego_1-610x441.jpg

Sqorgar

Banned
I am gonna get this (PC) but I'm disappointed there's still no online co-op in these games. It's hard to believe actually... why local and no online? doesn't make sense considering there's been so many Lego games so you'd think they'd have figured out how to do it by now.
LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga had online. They never did it again. My guess is that it wasn't too popular in a series that is largely played by adults with their children in the same room.

jozero

Neo Member
Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying 'assign controller' message flashing in the upper right ? I'm playing solo on my PS3

Really enjoying it otherwise. Sets the mood nicely with music, cut scenes, and dialog. I like the optional side quests that I will come back to for sure after I finish the game.

Got to Two Towers. This game is great! Also lots of side stuff to do in the open world. Also great finding designs for the blacksmith. These cool items you can use with anyone once created! :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Still spend most of the time doing the same (boring) puzzles?

Still mostly spend your time looking for the switches or hitting things so you can build other things, while constantly being attacked by enemies, yes. But it's fun

Note that I'm talking about lego games generally, not played LotR specifically. They may have drastically reworked their formula (doubt it though)

Draconian

Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying 'assign controller' message flashing in the upper right ? I'm playing solo on my PS3

Really enjoying it otherwise. Sets the mood nicely with music, cut scenes, and dialog. I like the optional side quests that I will come back to for sure after I finish the game.

I don't believe you can get rid of that. It's been like that in all these games iirc.

Can you co-op on the PC with both people using the 360 controller? I would like to get this for my wife, but would prefer to get it on PC instead of PS3.

Assuming you have 2 360 controllers this should be no problem.

Note i do not have the game yet but even the now very old first Lego Batman game allowed you to do this!

Uncledick

Banned
huh, i haven't played a lego game yet.. i always see them in stores or mentioned on forums, but i've never thought i'd enjoy them. I do like all the franchises that they have turned into games. Any recommendations on which one to buy other than lord of the rings... like which lego title is considered the best one?

huh, i haven't played a lego game yet.. i always see them in stores or mentioned on forums, but i've never thought i'd enjoy them. I do like all the franchises that they have turned into games. Any recommendations on which one to buy other than lord of the rings... like which lego title is considered the best one?

Lego HP (both) and Lego Batman 2 are probably your best bet right now

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. I've played every Lego game in the series since the start, except for Lego Batman 2 and now this. Been waiting for LB2 to drop below £20. Really looking forward to it. From what little I watched of the livestream videos it looks like it'll be a lot of fun, interesting to see how it plays out with the voice acting too.

CoolS

Just played the demo, and this has been surprisingly awesome for me. Is it out yet? Can't find it on Steam.

Edit: Just saw there was a delay. When's the new date?

Haeleos

I bought this off greenmangaming for $22 thinking it was released yesterday but it was just a preorder. When is this out?

Cru Jones

I bought this off greenmangaming for $22 thinking it was released yesterday but it was just a preorder. When is this out?

I did the same, I have received my key at this point, but now Steam allows you to activate but not download the game...

No idea when the new release date is, I have heard Friday, I have heard November 23, and I have heard November 27.

Cru Jones

For anyone interested, the latest on the Lego LOTR saga PC edition continues. It looks like Warner Bros. has indicated that there is a technical issue with the game and that the release date is "under revision"

So, unfortunately, no ETA on the PC version as of yet.

James @ GreenManGaming.com said:
Update on LEGO LOTR: We've just received word from Warner Bros. that there are technical issues with the game, and the release date is under revision.

The keys will activate and you'll be able to play upon release, though unfortunately we don't know when that is (yet).

-James

http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/3489/?page=2

mjc

Just got home with my 360 copy. The disc has lots of game art on it with the old Microsoft logo font. It's definitely not like the one posted above. It's weird because the case has the new Microsoft logo on the back. I guess the demo print was pretty random.

Might have to wait until Christmas for this depending on how my funds are at the end of the month... glad it's shaping up though, looks like perfection.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The opening level is incredible. Lego Batman 2 was great, but you never really saw epic scenes. The amount of dudes on screen right now is insane. I think Clone Wars had similar but not as much going on.

These games will look insane on next gen consoles when you consider that the Wii is lead console for these, and they already have incredible textures. Also, the combat feels a little weightier than Batman 2, but that might just be my character.

I think this could be THE best lego game quite possible. Must play more. It def still keeps the epic LOTR feel.

Yeah I have to agree. Been playing a few hours n it's great. The overworld is basically a very condensed middle earth. It's cool to just dash through the Misty Marsh n wutnot.

Loving it so far, but I'm kinda a LotR freak

The scene where they put Boramir in the canoe to honor him
I was cracking up when his cannoe coffin got stuck on the rock ledge, then started giggling when it appeared they were going to throw a rock at him, then LOST it when he fell down and it made the pinball sound effects.

mujun

Still mostly spend your time looking for the switches or hitting things so you can build other things, while constantly being attacked by enemies, yes. But it's fun

Note that I'm talking about lego games generally, not played LotR specifically. They may have drastically reworked their formula (doubt it though)

I'm better off avoiding it then. Still haven't gotten close to finishing a lego game. Tried with Star Wars 3, Pirates and Batman 2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still don't fully understand the quest system. It's just adding useless goals to the same levels you've already played. I was hoping it would be something in the open world.

I still don't fully understand the quest system. It's just adding useless goals to the same levels you've already played. I was hoping it would be something in the open world.

Yeah not sure on that yet, I do know the things you make in the blacksmith any character can use! :D Makes going after the silver blocks worth it!

Top Bottom