• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you Civil War! I want War Machine and a movie Falcon now to complete the set, but I don't want to buy sets for $160 to get them.

On another Disney-owned note, I went and felt out the remaining CMF:s that I wanted - another Alice, two Peter Pans and a Genie. Done and done.

Wanderer5

Looks like Barnes and Nobles still has Ecto-1 online, so think I will finally check it out tonight when I get some of my gift cards together.:)

Damn you Civil War! I want War Machine and a movie Falcon now to complete the set, but I don't want to buy sets for $160 to get them.

On another Disney-owned note, I went and felt out the remaining CMF:s that I wanted - another Alice, two Peter Pans and a Genie. Done and done.

It's a pretty sweet version of war machine though!

At least you can get Falcon in that 30 bucks Crossbones set right?

TheFuzz

Woohoo! Got a used Fire Brigade for $220 shipped on eBay. No minifigs, but they can be found for cheap on bricklink.

Not bad, that's exactly the price I sold mine for earlier this year. It was missing the box, instructions, and two of the minifigures.

Ponn

Banned
Got my first batch of Disney CMF's in from S@H. I'm mixed feelings right now

7PhagoR.jpg

So I like them, I really do. And I only got a couple duplicates which is cool BUTTTTT I really, really wanted the main four , Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy, and not one of them. In fact a couple pages ago I listed the main ones I really wanted from this wave and I didn't get any of them except Malificent. So thats why i'm mixed, I like them all, and I take that back I did really want Stitch too so I got him. It just sucked opening all the bags and not getting a Donald or Mickey. I'm not done yet though, I saw Lego S@H had a restock of figs this morning and placed an order for 6 more packs and a Jay's elemental dwagon. So I will have at an extra Genie and Cap'n Hook to trade later if anyone is looking for them but I want to wait till next week before I start trading to see what I get in my second batch and any other extras I get.

I can't blind bag them. I'm too addicted to feeling them. I know I would get 6 Stitches if I ordered from S@H. I checked today and they aren't back in stock anywhere neat me. I doubt I'm ever getting Ursula and Malificent.

oh my god I just realized that Maleficent has a cape/collar thing and mine must have still been in the bag and it got thrown away WHYYYYY

Ugh so that's a cape-less Maleficent and a hair-less Genie (though that one wasn't my fault)

Gotta get more dupes.

Ponn

Banned
oh my god I just realized that Maleficent has a cape/collar thing and mine must have still been in the bag and it got thrown away WHYYYYY

Ugh so that's a cape-less Maleficent and a hair-less Genie (though that one wasn't my fault)

Gotta get more dupes.

Well, I definitely have an extra genie. If you want to trade get back to me next week after I get my second order to see what i'm missing. Right now i'm missing Buzz, Alice, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, Mickey and the alien dude. I might actually want to keep my duplicate Hook because I see lots of potential with his fig for parts and such but will see what I need and if someone needs him.

Oh yea and I made my big purchase by the way. It was the Tower Bridge so you all won't have to listen to me himming and hawing about it anymore. Bring on Big Ben you wankers!

Well, I definitely have an extra genie. If you want to trade get back to me next week after I get my second order to see what i'm missing. Right now i'm missing Buzz, Alice, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, Mickey and the alien dude. I might actually want to keep my duplicate Hook because I see lots of potential with his fig for parts and such but will see what I need and if someone needs him.

Oh yea and I made my big purchase by the way. It was the Tower Bridge so you all won't have to listen to me himming and hawing about it anymore. Bring on Big Ben you wankers!

Aww thank you! I actually have a second Genie (thought it was Aladdin, bad job feeling me) but I might want to trade or sell him so I don't want to steal his hair and make him incomplete.

I wonder if Lego customer service can do anything?

Anion

Ughh, the Slave 1 was backordered and I'm going on vacation in one week, which will last 2 weeks lol. If 30 days is right, I'll be fine with it

Rootbeer

Banned
Coming soon:

LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017

51ImmU9ZDEL._SX374_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Discover a galaxy of adventures with Lego Star Wars! The all-new Official Lego Star Wars Annual 2017 is packed full of galactic entertainment with all-action comic stories, challenging puzzles and fun games. And it comes with a fantastic Lego Star Wars minifigure! Lego Star Wars is the best-selling Lego theme ever!

The cover shows it comes with both Ezra and Chopper, but the description says it only comes with Chopper, so we'll see.

wetwired

You're doing games? Indie? Now, I'm curious.

(also, I've received your last three figures last week, I now have a nice X-set on my desk... ^_^ It's so spot-on it's spooky)

I've been making games for about 16 years now. I started our doing maps as a hobby for Action Quake 2 and I was on the team who did Quake 3 Total Conversion "Urban Terror"

I had been doing mostly movie tie-ins, kids games for most of my career until Sega Australia closed in 2013 and me and a few other guys there Kickstarted a spirital successor to Syndicate (RTS, sorta, from the early 90s) called Satellite Reign.

So yeah indie now, nothing on the level of Wingfan19.

Glad you like the Lone Gunmen :)

Just for the record, bought it too today!

*hears this sound in my head*

Wanderer5

Ecto-1 ordered. Should be getting it next Thursday, but that is fine. Not like I was going to find it in store likely (it doesn't even have the option to check stock in nearby stores online).

Ecto-1 ordered. Should be getting it next Thursday, but that is fine. Not like I was going to find it in store likely (it doesn't even have the option to check stock in nearby stores online).
It should on most items. Might not on Lego stuff. But if you go to Bn stores and ask them, they can do a search for nearby stores on an item and even have the other stores ship stuff in.

Wanderer5

It should on most items. Might not on Lego stuff. But if you go to Bn stores and ask them, they can do a search for nearby stores on an item and even have the other stores ship stuff in.

Lots of lego stuff have that option there. Ecto-1 might be a bit on the old side now to not have it in-store at least (nor is it consider to be hard to find either I suppose and those have a pick up store option)

mrkgoo

I've been making games for about 16 years now. I started our doing maps as a hobby for Action Quake 2 and I was on the team who did Quake 3 Total Conversion "Urban Terror"

I had been doing mostly movie tie-ins, kids games for most of my career until Sega Australia closed in 2013 and me and a few other guys there Kickstarted a spirital successor to Syndicate (RTS, sorta, from the early 90s) called Satellite Reign.

*hears this sound in my head*

I was flipping through a Lego book today, "Great Models" or something, and got to the Ghostbusters set, and it was talking about Video Game Industry guy from Australia....

wetwired

I was flipping through a Lego book today, "Great Models" or something, and got to the Ghostbusters set, and it was talking about Video Game Industry guy from Australia....
That's me!

Funny you should mention that book as it literally just arrived on Friday. Someone mentioned that the Ectomobile had a 2 page spread in it so I ordered it a few weeks back

robochimp

My Target just put out their Disney Minifigs. I felt every bag and found a Buzz. I think I identified everything except for a genie in what they had.

When I checked out, the cashier said people have been calling all week to see if they have them in yet or if they could buy a whole box.

Awesome! I never knew this :) Cool work BTW:D

I'm currently doing indie game development and doing a kickstarter in roughly a month for it.

TheFuzz

So this one came together pretty quick. I asked my wife about moving her "lab" MOC that she made with her Research Insitute pieces. She asked for "a building to put it in."

What you can see my below is my "Genetics Lab" MOC I made for her. I wanted a clean and modern look, so nothing ornate like my last modular. I wanted it to be functional and simple, and provide a nice place to fit the lab equipment.

I also wanted a one-story building to break up the skyline of my modular street.

bA1A4cv.jpg

Outside view. I wanted to use the medium azure color. You'll notice the panels from the Quinjet Chase can fit in just right.

TRvDWHo.jpg

The door and entrance was pulled from an inspiration of the architecture at the Stanford University lab building.

nywBC6b.jpg

The wife did some genius stuff for someone who never builds. The vent hood design and eyewash sink was 100% her idea and was only moved into the lab by me. She's a biology major and knew what she wanted.

V8Ws9MB.jpg

The eyewash sink and fire extinguisher on the left wall, sorry for the terrible quality.

0nvsXiL.jpg

Pretty proud of the bathroom mini builds. The sink was totally a happy accident.

nv8p9nv.jpg

RyanW

My little brother and I just snagged a couple of Disney CMF each. I got Buzz and the Cheshire Cat while he got Alice and Ariel. Solid grab especially when I was thinking with out luck we would get the duplicates or something. I told myself when I first saw these that I only wanted Buzz and it ends up being the first one I get. I feel like I'm going to go back to slowly complete the set.....

So this one came together pretty quick. I asked my wife about moving her "lab" MOC that she made with her Research Insitute pieces. She asked for "a building to put it in."

What you can see my below is my "Genetics Lab" MOC I made for her. I wanted a clean and modern look, so nothing ornate like my last modular. I wanted it to be functional and simple, and provide a nice place to fit the lab equipment.

I also wanted a one-story building to break up the skyline of my modular street.

bA1A4cv.jpg

Outside view. I wanted to use the medium azure color. You'll notice the panels from the Quinjet Chase can fit in just right.

TRvDWHo.jpg

The door and entrance was pulled from an inspiration of the architecture at the Stanford University lab building.

nywBC6b.jpg

The wife did some genius stuff for someone who never builds. The vent hood design and eyewash sink was 100% her idea and was only moved into the lab by me. She's a biology major and knew what she wanted.

V8Ws9MB.jpg

The eyewash sink and fire extinguisher on the left wall, sorry for the terrible quality.

0nvsXiL.jpg

Pretty proud of the bathroom mini builds. The sink was totally a happy accident.

nv8p9nv.jpg
Awesome work. Now it needs a genetic experiment gone awry.

My Target just put out their Disney Minifigs. I felt every bag and found a Buzz. I think I identified everything except for a genie in what they had.

When I checked out, the cashier said people have been calling all week to see if they have them in yet or if they could buy a whole box.

Where do you live? I'm waiting for news of those hitting Targets, Walmarts, etc here on the west coast before I start the hunt again.

bA1A4cv.jpg

Good work. Design is very realistic.

TheFuzz

Thanks everyone. It wasn't a full-on modular MOC, but I thought there may be some interest. And there's definitely some "accident" MOC ideas I have planned for Halloween 😏

boltz

bA1A4cv.jpg

Looks great! The clean and simple looks fits it to a "t"

Great lab! My favorite shot is the second one where you can see the plant from the outside in the main entrance... Really makes it feel like an actual place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom