• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFuzz

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the kind words and feedback. I'll try and get a shot of the lab on my modular street.

We're looking to trade some of the new disney minifigs We have a Genie and a Peter Pan for trade. We're open for any besides those two, Captain Hook, or Donald Duck. If you are interested, please PM me. Apologies if trading is preferred elsewhere, I didn't see anything with a quick search, or in the OT.

They're both opened, and Peter Pan has his dagger taken from the mold (we got them on separate trips and forgot we had another one at home. We tend to build them in the car). But they're freshly bought and still within their opened packaging!

That lab is so clean and realistic looking. I love the green and red light above the lab door, and all the lab equipment your wife made looks very realistic as well. You guys make a good team!

Koren

Just a random rant... I really, really, really hate Lego's website. It's just... random.

22 hours ago, I do a Pick a Brick bag, and join it to an order. Everything works. This evening, the Pick a Brick page is devoid of any control/pieces, just the header and the footer.

Same computer, same browser, I haven't even turned it off. Grr.

I finally found a store that had a box of the Disney minifig...
And it was completely empty. 😕

Still going to keep my eyes open, I'm sure they'll be widely available EVENTUALLY. (I hope)

TheFuzz

Thanks again for all the positive feedback on the lab, everyone! I'm pretty surprised at how much positive feedback it got. I'm really thankful.

Completely unrelated, but it's a simple MOD I got the pieces for. It's an updated new BvS batmobile with a new front-end based on a mod I saw on Eurobricks. Link below for the OP who was smarter than I am for rigging the axle assembly the way he did.

LARiW0F.jpg

WlZ5t2g.jpg

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125206&st=0#entry2554303

TheFuzz

Love it; especially the side view. You could have told me that was an official set and I would have believed you.

Thanks! I wish they would have done something similar. It's a simple and durable MOD.

For anyone interested, please follow the link. It's one of the better MODs I have seen in awhile, especially to make an accurate model.

Dear LEGO GAF,

I owe you all an apology. After the years of joking and mocking those that lament about backlogs, this is just a sampling of mine. There are still tons of sets in the closet and about three complete series of Mixels not pictured. Damn those clearance sales.

I moved these out of my workspace so I can actually build again, but feel I shouldn't build until I clean it all up. Ugh.

TheFuzz

Dear LEGO GAF,

I owe you all an apology. After the years of joking and mocking those that lament about backlogs, this is just a sampling of mine. There are still tons of sets in the closet and about three complete series of Mixels not pictured. Damn those clearance sales.

I moved these out of my workspace so I can actually build again, but feel I shouldn't build until I clean it all up. Ugh.

That's too much. You should be ashamed. I'll be PMing you my address to send some of those to me.

Again, you should be ashamed.

Jimbro72

If that is what people consider an embarrassing backlog then there is no way in hell I'm ever posting mine, LOL

I hear that. Mine would actually take about 4 pics just to show it all because its all spread out in different spots. 2 closets, 2 small bookshelves and a large pile on the floor in my collection room.

TheFuzz

My backlog is only 3-4 sets and a polybag. I usually only buy sets that I really want, are full of useful or parts or absolutely dirt cheap.

There hasn't been any must-haves for me lately that I cannot wait on. I'm planning on my next purchase in June probably being the Superhero airport battle to get the fountain set. Really want the new Spider-Man sets as well.

If that is what people consider an embarrassing backlog then there is no way in hell I'm ever posting mine, LOL
Pics or it didn't happen.

And I didn't post the boxes of assembled sets I need to break down and add to the collective to MOC with.

And I did start laying down basics for my theater MOC. Now debating about two smaller theaters with iPad minis for screens, or one massive theater with a 15" laptop as the screen. I wish I had an IPad pro just to use for one massive screen.

Dear LEGO GAF,

Build the Hailfire Droid. It's an under-appreciated, cool little ship.

I've lamented the backlog problem a few times, and can totally relate. Simply adding things to the pile causes so much clutter anxiety. I finally cracked the Detective's Office last week and I've just finished the first floor - loving it. Feels great to dig into it 17 months later....and once it's built I'll be able to look myself in the mirror and buy the Brick Bank with no guilt.

Like a lot of us, I buy pretty much any set I see if it's 40-50% off. This led me to having an enormous backlog of sets I honestly wasn't that interested in ever building, or unopened duplicates. A couple of weeks ago I donated a ton of them to a local organization that does a lot of work with underprivileged families. Because fuck it, who needs two MODOKs? It felt great to pair down my closet of shame to include just the sets I know I want to build. Highly recommended.

Edit: Why do so many of your sets have French on them? Aren't US sets English only?

mrkgoo

I never have backlogs...I'm way too excited getting a new set I have to build it straight away. That said, Lego is expensive and I usually don't get large sets, and only get small-medium once every few months, so I guess it's easy to maintain no backlog :p

Probably the only Civil War set I'll pick up. Three of the films best characters and the plane is fun to build.

I purchased this set as a fan of jets, and this one doesn't disappoint. To top it off, it has three great minifigs of some of my favourite characters from the film. I think it's rare that a set comes with minifigs that you want all of, topped with builds that are great and that you want as well.

So this one came together pretty quick. I asked my wife about moving her "lab" MOC that she made with her Research Insitute pieces. She asked for "a building to put it in."

What you can see my below is my "Genetics Lab" MOC I made for her. I wanted a clean and modern look, so nothing ornate like my last modular. I wanted it to be functional and simple, and provide a nice place to fit the lab equipment.

I also wanted a one-story building to break up the skyline of my modular street.

bA1A4cv.jpg

Outside view. I wanted to use the medium azure color. You'll notice the panels from the Quinjet Chase can fit in just right.

TRvDWHo.jpg

The door and entrance was pulled from an inspiration of the architecture at the Stanford University lab building.

nywBC6b.jpg

The wife did some genius stuff for someone who never builds. The vent hood design and eyewash sink was 100% her idea and was only moved into the lab by me. She's a biology major and knew what she wanted.

V8Ws9MB.jpg

The eyewash sink and fire extinguisher on the left wall, sorry for the terrible quality.

0nvsXiL.jpg

Pretty proud of the bathroom mini builds. The sink was totally a happy accident.

nv8p9nv.jpg

This is incredible! As a biology major myself, I find it fantastic. Impressive indeed.

Markus

Put a fucking shirt on Randy

So you get it Down Under? I always get a kick out of seeing how far this show has managed to reach for a local production. I have a bunch of friends who have worked on the show and some of the cast (Mr Leahy and Corey) were customers at my folks old cafe.

wetwired

So you get it Down Under? I always get a kick out of seeing how far this show has managed to reach for a local production. I have a bunch of friends who have worked on the show and some of the cast (Mr Leahy and Corey) were customers at my folks old cafe.

I haven't seen the last few seasons but I got big into it about 2005 and binged a heap of seasons. I loved it at the time but my last attempt to watch the later seasons haven't gone so well. I feel like Bubbles was better earlier on, the mannerisms now feel a bit too forced to me. But when it was in it's peak, amazing show.

teeny

[UK] Series 7 Mixels are half-price on S@H. Probably in-store too, I guess? Free parrot when you spend £25 also.

I should really learn, but I can't help snapping up Mixels as soon as they are available.

Series 8 looks amazing, they look to have a crap tonne of good parts as well. I'll probably buy multiples of some of them for the parts, I can already see how to use some in MOC ideas.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through Slave 1. It's been a really fun build but it's quite fiddly at time with parts falling off and can be quite tough to grip.

Onto GB Firehouse next.

Deefuzz

So this one came together pretty quick. I asked my wife about moving her "lab" MOC that she made with her Research Insitute pieces. She asked for "a building to put it in."

What you can see my below is my "Genetics Lab" MOC I made for her. I wanted a clean and modern look, so nothing ornate like my last modular. I wanted it to be functional and simple, and provide a nice place to fit the lab equipment.

I also wanted a one-story building to break up the skyline of my modular street.

bA1A4cv.jpg

Outside view. I wanted to use the medium azure color. You'll notice the panels from the Quinjet Chase can fit in just right.

TRvDWHo.jpg

The door and entrance was pulled from an inspiration of the architecture at the Stanford University lab building.

nywBC6b.jpg

The wife did some genius stuff for someone who never builds. The vent hood design and eyewash sink was 100% her idea and was only moved into the lab by me. She's a biology major and knew what she wanted.

V8Ws9MB.jpg

The eyewash sink and fire extinguisher on the left wall, sorry for the terrible quality.

0nvsXiL.jpg

Pretty proud of the bathroom mini builds. The sink was totally a happy accident.

nv8p9nv.jpg

I absolutely love it!

Excellent work!

Markus

I haven't seen the last few seasons but I got big into it about 2005 and binged a heap of seasons. I loved it at the time but my last attempt to watch the later seasons haven't gone so well. I feel like Bubbles was better earlier on, the mannerisms now feel a bit too forced to me. But when it was in it's peak, amazing show.

I know what you mean, the early seasons were certainly the best when it felt more "organic". I hadn't watched an episode in about 10 years until last month when a friend showed me a few she had worked on (as props master) from the current season with Snoop Dogg, Tom Arnold and Dan Harmon who were guest starring (as well as Emmanuel Lewis, aka Webster, who came up to visit Snoop during shooting and ended up in the background of a couple scenes).

I'd love to see a build of the ShitMobile, that would be awesome! Certainly not an Ideas friendly theme ;)

robochimp

I just built the General Greivous constraction figure, it's a real shame there aren't more characters like him to do up like this.

I know people said he was big but I still wasn't expecting how big he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom