• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think I'm going to do that.
I did manage to get a 50% refund from Amazon though!

Edit: Just ordered the part through their replacement parts service. That was so insanely easy.

ermUkmA.gif

I have yet to use LEGO customer service for a missing part, but I have yet to hear an unkind word about it.

Calcium

Banned
I have yet to use LEGO customer service for a missing part, but I have yet to hear an unkind word about it.

There is a reason for that. LEGO is phenomenal about replacing lost pieces. I was very surprised at how hassle free the whole process is. Luckily I've only had to get 2 pieces. Nothing worse than building something and that slow realization creeps in that you are missing a piece.

Wow. Amazing, given how many sets you buy and build.

I think I've only had two occasions, but they weren't missing parts, they were damaged. The first was from the old AT-TE from like 8 years ago or whenever that was, one of the triangle plates had a crush line on it. The second was just a couple weeks ago, from my Tydirium, which had a 1x12 plate bent at a 90 degree angle. Still waiting on that part to arrive.

They've been great about replacing all the pieces that shattered on me while taking apart old sets. I have a baggie of broken pieces that I was anticipating needing to send photos of, but they just replaced them no questions asked, even though they were from sets bought in 2012.

Wow. Amazing, given how many sets you buy and build.

They've been great about replacing all the pieces that shattered on me while taking apart old sets. I have a baggie of broken pieces that I was anticipating needing to send photos of, but they just replaced them no questions asked, even though they were from sets bought in 2012.

I have bought about 450 sets in the last couple of years and have had exactly two missing pieces. One was a 2x1 jumper plate from the Fire Brigade modular, the other Plo Koon's head from a SW set. They replaced the former with no problem, but sadly couldn't send me the rubber SW head. I'll give them a pass on it given what a stellar track record that is.

I have bought about 450 sets in the last couple of years and have had exactly two missing pieces. One was a 2x1 jumper plate from the Fire Brigade modular, the other Plo Koon's head from a SW set. They replaced the former with no problem, but sadly couldn't send me the rubber SW head. I'll give them a pass on it given what a stellar track record that is.

Did they offer you anything for compensation? Like free VIP points or something? Given how quality their customer service is, I'd expect some kind of offer if they can't get you a missing part.

neonglow

I picked up the recent space shuttle set on clearance for $65. Even at that price, I still felt I overpaid. The box is about the size of an $80 set and felt very light.

Well I guess my question would be why go digital exclusively when there is so much incentive not to? You get 20% off physical versions at best buy or amazon (with membership), it doesn't apply to digital versions right? Then add to that the pre-order bonuses, the ability to lend/trade/sell your game if you choose...

I suppose you're right. I'm trying to reduce my clutter and an easy fix was just to go digital with all my gaming from now on. Which works really well with all the PSN sales that happen every week, but yeah, preorder bonuses leave us Digital Only folks out in the cold ):<

I mean, vouchers for digital games exist, I wish they worked for preorders though. Instead of walking in to GameStop on release day and walking out with a DVD case, you'd just walk out with a card with a download code on it. It doesn't seem too difficult to me but there's probably other hurdles to doing this that make it not worth the companies' time.

A new Christmas Train would sure make up for last year's Toy Shop rehash...

Don't you dare toy with me!!!

I picked up the recent space shuttle set on clearance for $65. Even at that price, I still felt I overpaid. The box is about the size of an $80 set and felt very light.

Agreed, we've talked about it at work and even with our discount we still feel it's too much. At absolute most that set should have been $99, but if you go purely off piece count (and ignore that it has a couple pretty large pieces in it) then it really should have been closer to $70-80.

Calcium

Banned

Yeah, I agree. I love the shuttle, but it needed something else to justify that price. It would have been pretty easy to include a small mission control area or something like that.

A new Creator train makes sense. Horizon Express went out over a year ago. But to do a train right with Power Functions we are looking at a minimum of $129. To make it a nice set like we would expect for Xmas, it would probably need to be more around $159+. Unless they decide to make the Power Functions optional like on the Horizon Express

neonglow

A new Creator train makes sense. Horizon Express went out over a year ago. But to do a train right with Power Functions we are looking at a minimum of $129. To make it a nice set like we would expect for Xmas, it would probably need to be more around $159+. Unless they decide to make the Power Functions optional like on the Horizon Express

Power Functions will likely be optional if they want to keep the price in line with other Winter Village sets. The current High Speed Passenger train is already $129 and that set is pretty much barebones.

Ponn

Banned
How did I go from wanting to get GB HQ with my tax return to sitting here with Slave 1 and Tower Bridge in my cart? And yea yea, I know double vip, the problem is i'm on a set income right now and there is no way my Lego and game compulsions would let that money sit there till next month. I guess i'm afraid of both of these sets going oop and regretting it. I'm still scared of Tower Bridge just sitting there though, I would literally have to find someone who could sort all the pieces for me in order for me to get through it and thats frustrating to me.

How did I go from wanting to get GB HQ with my tax return to sitting here with Slave 1 and Tower Bridge in my cart? And yea yea, I know double vip, the problem is i'm on a set income right now and there is no way my Lego and game compulsions would let that money sit there till next month. I guess i'm afraid of both of these sets going oop and regretting it. I'm still scared of Tower Bridge just sitting there though, I would literally have to find someone who could sort all the pieces for me in order for me to get through it and thats frustrating to me.

Keep in mind that Tower Bridge has no numbered bags. It is all or nothing.
Granted, most of the pieces are in massive bulk, but it is still over 4000 pcs at once.

Ponn

Banned
Keep in mind that Tower Bridge has no numbered bags. It is all or nothing.
Granted, most of the pieces are in massive bulk, but it is still over 4000 pcs at once.

I have a spot for it now though! It's a perfect spot, at least till next christmas. The only drawback is if my cat decides to sleep under it, but that could also be pretty funny. I'm thinking of future me being really upset I didn't get it and it goes oop and the new Big Ben set goes awesome with it.

I wanted to sell the Hulk Lab Smash so I could get other sets I want but I may just open and build it, some of the minifigs included in it are tough to resist.

teeny

Guys, where is the rumored list of disney cmf minifgures? I can't find it anywhere

Found this list in the Eurobricks thread for Disney CMF, not sure how accurate it is. I believe some of the hair molds have leaked?

1. Captain Hook
2. Genie
3. Mr. Incredible
4. Syndrome
5. Peter Pan
6. Ursula
7. Mickey Mouse
8. Minnie Mouse
9. Mulan

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have a spot for it now though! It's a perfect spot, at least till next christmas. The only drawback is if my cat decides to sleep under it, but that could also be pretty funny. I'm thinking of future me being really upset I didn't get it and it goes oop and the new Big Ben set goes awesome with it.

It is a fantastic set.

Ryuuroden

So I got a delivery of items for the job I'm working on currently and on the truck for its next stop was a 3 pallets of Lego going to my local Lego store. It had the batcave and big Ben on it and boy was I super tempted to open a box to take a peak.

So I got a delivery of items for the job I'm working on currently and on the truck for its next stop was a 3 pallets of Lego going to my local Lego store. It had the batcave and big Ben on it and boy was I super tempted to open a box to take a peak.

And Big Ben? Architecture Big Ben or Creator Expert? Because there have been no leaks about the Creator one as far as I know.

Ryuuroden

And Big Ben? Architecture Big Ben or Creator Expert? Because there have been no leaks about the Creator one as far as I know.

That's why I wanted to take a peak because as far as I could tell it looked like it was two sets to a box. I'm pissed at myself for not taking a closer note of the packing list for the set number. It did just say big Ben with nothing else before it except set number I think. I also wish I looked closer to see if there were any other unannounced sets.

I did ask the driver if he could accidentally forget to put a pallet back on the truck.

That's why I wanted to take a peak because as far as I could tell it looked like it was two sets to a box. I'm pissed at myself for not taking a closer note of the packing list for the set number. It did just say big Ben with nothing else before it except set number I think. I also wish I looked closer to see if there were any other unannounced sets.

I did ask the driver if he could accidentally forget to put a pallet back on the truck.

You should've went with "I'll show you my tower if you show me yours".

Found this list in the Eurobricks thread for Disney CMF, not sure how accurate it is. I believe some of the hair molds have leaked?

1. Captain Hook
2. Genie
3. Mr. Incredible
4. Syndrome
5. Peter Pan
6. Ursula
7. Mickey Mouse
8. Minnie Mouse
9. Mulan

Are these using molded heads, if they have hair pieces? The old Disney sets, like Toy Story, always bothered me with how large and out of proportion the heads are to the minifig bodies. Even the Simpson heads have that problem. You can see it on the new Beast with the minidoll body also in that new Princess set. I'm really looking forward to these, but I'm tempering my expectations.

Are these using molded heads, if they have hair pieces? The old Disney sets, like Toy Story, always bothered me with how large and out of proportion the heads are to the minifig bodies. Even the Simpson heads have that problem. You can see it on the new Beast with the minidoll body also in that new Princess set. I'm really looking forward to these, but I'm tempering my expectations.

The Beast looks oversized on a minidoll body, BUT, I'm willing to bet that it will fit just fine on, say, a blue fancy dress torso with the faun legs...

Lol, and thanks for the reply on the Chinese minifigs. It would actually be pretty cool if you did a photo description of the differences

You're more intersted in piece differences, right?

I absolutely keep chinese pieces seperate from Lego. I have a small cardboard box full of them from little sets that come with minifigs that I cannot seem to allow myself to just throw away.

So far it seems like it will be a mix of both. Mr Incredible, Ursula, Syndrome and Peter Pan all have special hair pieces that I assume will fit on a normal Minifig head. Mickey and Minnie would have to be moulded heads, I can't imagine them doing just ear pieces and then regular Minifig heads, that would look awful.

I'm wondering if the likes of Genie or especially Captain Hook will have a moulded head, since he has such a unique shape and large nose, or if he'll be a print too.

The Beast looks oversized on a minidoll body, BUT, I'm willing to bet that it will fit just fine on, say, a blue fancy dress torso with the faun legs...
I was thinking about those faun leg pieces too for Beast, but he actually has pawed feet, not hooves. So they'd have to either make a new, slightly different mould, or just.. print paws over the hooves which... I dunno how good that'd look.

Fowler

So far it seems like it will be a mix of both. Mr Incredible, Ursula, Syndrome and Peter Pan all have special hair pieces that I assume will fit on a normal Minifig head. Mickey and Minnie would have to be moulded heads, I can't imagine them doing just ear pieces and then regular Minifig heads, that would look awful.

I'm wondering if the likes of Genie or especially Captain Hook will have a moulded head, since he has such a unique shape and large nose, or if he'll be a print too.

I was thinking about those faun leg pieces too for Beast, but he actually has pawed feet, not hooves. So they'd have to either make a new, slightly different mould, or just.. print paws over the hooves which... I dunno how good that'd look.

I know we've seen Syndrome's hair piece, but have we seen Mr Incredible's? I feel like his jaw deserves a moulded head!

Koren

Here's what I whipped up for the Lone Gunmen pack, it'll be printed on a 2x2 tile.
You'll produce and sell them? If so, that's great, can't wait to be your customer a third time ^_^

I'm usually not really interested in minifigures, but I love yours.

Ponn

Banned
It is a fantastic set.

And this pushes me into...

Welp, thats that. I guess I know what i'm getting. I have this sinking feeling as soon as Big Ben comes out tower bridge will finally be retired so i'm heeding the signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom