• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they make some Lego sets from that new Force Awakens game.

dYyt7Pa.gif

I really hope you're some kind of NeoGAF LEGO CBoaT who types out things that will happen under the guise that you "hope" they'll happen but then you spoiler tag a winking gif to let us all in on it.

I'm new here so if that's exactly what's happening...you may all shame me as you see fit.

Ponn

Banned
I kind of want 2. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for someone selling the set without figs at a deep discount for a second set.

It was mentioned last time and i've been thinking about it but I think id rather get the Tower Bridge and sludge through the unnumbered bags. It would look more iconic and complete. Maybe even make a custom Union Jack fig or a Gentleman Spidey.

It was mentioned last time and i've been thinking about it but I think id rather get the Tower Bridge and sludge through the unnumbered bags. It would look more iconic and complete. Maybe even make a custom Union Jack fig or a Gentleman Spidey.

That's a lot of sand colored bricks!

ghostmind

75156 is the new Best Star?

75159, but now most of the sets for 2016 are known.

75098 Assault on Hoth (UCS)
75113 Rey (Buildable Figure)
75114 First Order Stormtrooper (BF)
75115 Poe Dameron (BF)
75116 Finn (BF)
75117 Kylo Ren (BF)
75118 Captain Phasma (BF)
75119 Rogue One (BF)
75120 Rogue One (BF)
75121 Rogue One (BF)
75122 TBA (BF?)
75123 TBA (BF?)
75124 TBA (BF?)
75125 Resistance X-Wing Fighter (Microfighter)
75126 First Order Snowspeeder (MF)
75127 The Ghost (MF)
75128 TIE Advanced Prototype (MF)
75129 Wookie Gunship (MF)
75130 AT-DP (MF)
75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
75132 First Order Battle Pack
75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack
75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack
75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor
75136 Droid Escape Pod
75137 Carbon-Freezing Chamber
75138 Hoth Attack
75139 Battle on Takodana
75140 Resistance Troop Transporter
75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike
75142 Homing Spider Droid
75143 A-Wing Starfighter (?)
75144 Snowspeeder (UCS)
75145 Eclipse Fighter (Freemaker Adventures)
75146 2016 Advent Calendar
75147 Star Scavenger (Freemaker Adventures)
75148 Encounter on Jakku
75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter
75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced and A-Wing Fighter
75151 Clone Turbo Tank
75152 Rogue One
75153 Rogue One
75154 Rogue One
75155 Rogue One
75156 Rogue One
75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE Walker
75158 TBA
75159 The Death Star (UCS)

All that in 2016.
CTbBU30.gif

3N16MA

Banned
Playing LEGO games was my biggest connection to LEGO before coming out of my dark ages. Trailer looks great and the comedic timing is still on point.

Tom_Cody

All that in 2016.
CTbBU30.gif
Holy crap.

Luckily there are only a handful that I want for the moment (that might change once I actually see them- Rogue 1, etc). For the time being I am going to continue to selectively buy older sets that I like.

Does this mean that we definitely aren't getting a set with old Luke? Or could that fall somewhere within one of the TBAs?

wetwired

How is that Finn preorder bonus any different to this one?

Playing LEGO games was my biggest connection to LEGO before coming out of my dark ages. Trailer looks great and the comedic timing is still on point.

This is what got me back in, specifically the OT Star Wars game. After that I downloaded LDD, Made my Batmobile Tumbler....Then conveniently Indiana Jones LEGO first came out so I ordered the lot in one hit from Ebay....It was all downhill from there for my wallet.

He has the "hammer styled" weapon on his back that he is rumored to use in the movie. I read a blurb that said his shoulder mounted chain gun doubles as a hammer of some sort. Thats a great looking minifig btw. One of the best IMO.

So glad to see more variants that aren't red. I hope we see more Batman and specifically Spiderman variants tooo

75159, but now most of the sets for 2016 are known.

[fortune worth of Star Sets deleted]

All that in 2016.
CTbBU30.gif

Thank goodness I'm not a Star Wars fanatic. As long as they don't add a lot of new cool aliens and spaceships to the new Star Wars movies, I can minimize my Star Wars purchases. I'm almost done with OT stuff especially since I've foregone UCS stuff. I'll make an exception if they have a new UCS Millenium Falcon (it's coming...I have a vision it's gonna be the version from Force Awakes.)

Picked up Left Shark and the Astronaut today, I still have a 100% success rate when feeling for CMF's! They were the first two bags I randomly pulled from the box, too. :D

Left Shark is great, he will be welcomed by Piggy and Unicorn Girl when I can display everything. The Astronaut is quite possibly my favorite minifig that has ever been made -- it's almost exactly what I envisioned when I built my Space Explorers stuff:

Do the Galaxy Squad helmets come in white? If so, I'll pick up another astronaut and swap out the helmets for something closer to what I want.

How awesome is it that you don't have to pre-order at gamestop anymore to get the minifigure? YES!

please make this the norm going forward.

But people who want to go digital are still screwed because you only get the figure if you preorder the physical version from a store, right? You can't get like a download voucher preorder? I missed out on Lego Avengers and the Centurion Iron Man because of this. ):

ParityBit

So I am looking for a decent and fashionable storage for my son's Legos. He has Duplos (2 years old) but I am sick of having mix matched crappy boxes for them. I was looking into something like this, but I think it may be too small. Seems small with the dimensions.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00447PDG6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Any other ideas? What do you guys/gals with kids use to store them? It will be in our living-room so he can play there, and that is why I need it to be a little stylish.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Buy second one on sale and sell minifigures. I wouldn't be surprised if could sell all the minifigs for $40+.

Or even more easily, just buy one off Ebay without minifigures. If the set is $80, you could probably get it without minifigures for $40.

Ponn

Banned
So I wasn't very impressed with the walking dead mcfarlane figs but I LOVE Game of Thrones and had to get a couple blind bags and I also have the Iron Throne set on the way.

Again i'm disappointed but i'm still impressed by the detail. I lucked out and Tyrion and Jon Snow. I also got an extra Tyrion and a cool looking Kings Guard. As you can see the joints are hard to get tight. It's a soft plastic and the pegs are definitely not cut uniformly. I had to superglue the head on the Kings Guard fig there because the peg was not cut right and too big for the head. I tried to trim it and it was so soft when I went to put the head on it actually smushed the peg all the way down flat. Also you can tell the swords get bent in the packs and they aren't easy to bend back into shape. I can lve with them but yea unless you are way into the show I couldn't recommend these for the quality control.

So I am looking for a decent and fashionable storage for my son's Legos. He has Duplos (2 years old) but I am sick of having mix matched crappy boxes for them. I was looking into something like this, but I think it may be too small. Seems small with the dimensions.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00447PDG6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Any other ideas? What do you guys/gals with kids use to store them? It will be in our living-room so he can play there, and that is why I need it to be a little stylish.

For Liam's Duplo I have 4 of these bad boys (he has a bit of Duplo).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0038Q6LB0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1454463947&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=big+plastic+tub&dpPl=1&dpID=41K7uvNT4qL&ref=plSrch

They can be found cheaper though.

So I wasn't very impressed with the walking dead mcfarlane figs but I LOVE Game of Thrones and had to get a couple blind bags and I also have the Iron Throne set on the way.

Again i'm disappointed but i'm still impressed by the detail. I lucked out and Tyrion and Jon Snow. I also got an extra Tyrion and a cool looking Kings Guard. As you can see the joints are hard to get tight. It's a soft plastic and the pegs are definitely not cut uniformly. I had to superglue the head on the Kings Guard fig there because the peg was not cut right and too big for the head. I tried to trim it and it was so soft when I went to put the head on it actually smushed the peg all the way down flat. Also you can tell the swords get bent in the packs and they aren't easy to bend back into shape. I can lve with them but yea unless you are way into the show I couldn't recommend these for the quality control.

I feel that McFarlane are missing the point of building systems. The figures are vaguely coloured blobs and the backgrounds are over-detailed, custom messes. At that size and price point, you simply can't do good painting. They'd be more interesting if they actually cloned the minifig and made prints, or if they made solid sculpts and let people paint them Warhammer style.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm guessing that the deluxe edition of LEGO TFA is PS4 only since the bonus character and level packs are exclusive to the PS4 at launch. It will make the minifig more scarce if that is the case.

Is this the first time that a minifig has been console exclusive? Not a problem for me since the PS4 version is the one I am getting.

ghostmind

I'm guessing that the deluxe edition of LEGO TFA is PS4 only since the bonus character and level packs are exclusive to the PS4 at launch. It will make the minifig more scarce if that is the case.

Is this the first time that a minifig has been console exclusive? Not a problem for me since the PS4 version is the one I am getting.

I have the DE on preorder for XB1, which also has the minifig. The Droid Pack and Phantom Limb pack are (timed) exclusives for PlayStation.

Rootbeer

Banned
But people who want to go digital are still screwed because you only get the figure if you preorder the physical version from a store, right? You can't get like a download voucher preorder? I missed out on Lego Avengers and the Centurion Iron Man because of this. ):

Well I guess my question would be why go digital exclusively when there is so much incentive not to? You get 20% off physical versions at best buy or amazon (with membership), it doesn't apply to digital versions right? Then add to that the pre-order bonuses, the ability to lend/trade/sell your game if you choose...

Thanks, found it. I thought it would be a list of available parts but you have to search by set number. Ugh, nothing useful to me but i'm sure some moc'ers will love it. They had Sandman legs and wig but no head or torso. Spidey booties but If i have to get the set for Sandman then whats the point. Looking at making a Sheev and new Darth Vader from the final duel set but again they don't have all the parts. If anyone is interested they did have both Vader's new helmet and the collar and also the heads for both Vader and Palpatine.

It's hit and miss it seems. I just used it for the first time. After a couple hours I'm now more than $60 poorer. Mostly bought a lot of minifig parts especially parts from 60097 City Square which has a lot of unique prints.

Even though it was highly doubtful, I was hoping to score a Ventress head. Sadly it did not happen.

The dual color plastic legs are pricey. They run around $2.22 while even printed legs are under well $1. Also, it helps to compare prices against Bricklink as sometimes Bricklink is significantly cheaper.

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone know of the cheapest way to get the Silver Centurion fig now? Had the game pre-ordered but had to cancel due to the move north.

SillyEskimo - Hadn't considered that, but I'm a bit of a purist. I checked eBay and they're wanting approximately $30 right now (at least the one that's Buy It Now). GameStop used to place extra figures on the PowerUp Rewards site, but they seemed to have stopped doing that.

If anyone here has doubles and is willing to trade/sell. Shoot me a PM. I've got a bunch of sealed promo figs from the last several years.

Ryuuroden

My Chinese version is on the way.

Out of curiosity really and I am not trying to start anything. I'm asking you because you are litterally the most informed on this. Do any of these Chinese companies put the Lego stamp imprint in the plastic or can you at least rely on that to tell the difference between the official minifig and the copy of it. I am not interested in the bootlegs, I am just unhappy that it's more and more difficult to buy legit Lego used and not find offbrand stuff mixed in to put it nicely and it can be really tiresome to look at every piece when sorting. At least as far as I've seen, bricklink has stayed the domain of more informed sellers so I have had yet to run into that problem there.

Out of curiosity really and I am not trying to start anything. I'm asking you because you are litterally the most informed on this. Do any of these Chinese companies put the Lego stamp imprint in the plastic or can you at least rely on that to tell the difference between the official minifig and the copy of it. I am not interested in the bootlegs, I am just unhappy that it's more and more difficult to buy legit Lego used and not find offbrand stuff mixed in to put it nicely and it can be really tiresome to look at every piece when sorting. At least as far as I've seen, bricklink has stayed the domain of more informed sellers so I have had yet to run into that problem there.

There are no lego stamps on any of the chinese minifigs or parts. The studs are all smooth and all the clear pieces are for the most part, cloudy by comparison. The waist connections are different on many of the minifigs as well. Also, some manufacturers will alter the feet in very subtle ways, like slanting in on the sides instead of making them perfectly square. Finally, the connection points on the back of the legs can be differently shaped, but still accomplish the same goal. I do not have a single minifig that is a 1 for 1 copy of the Lego versions. The Trex and Indominus Rex maybe?

I can take pics of some of the common differences if you'd like.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Might be easier to go through LEGO customer service to get the part too.

Yeah, I think I'm going to do that.
I did manage to get a 50% refund from Amazon though!

Edit: Just ordered the part through their replacement parts service. That was so insanely easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom