• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've seen Syndrome's hair piece, but have we seen Mr Incredible's? I feel like his jaw deserves a moulded head!
Yep I believe it's on here:

Lego-Disney-Minifigures-71012-Hair-Pieces-from-Alibaba-672x372.jpg

We were trying to figure out who the spiked hair belonged to, I think it could be Clay from Nexo Knights? I know he has spikey hair in the promo images with his helmet off and as far as I know his hair piece has never been done before.

Ordered the fortrex today for my boy.

U.K. Lego store has an offer where you spend £15 and get what looks like a Nexo Knights playmat and spend £50 and get Robin in his mini fortrex poly, nice to get a couple of freebies

Decided to put the Hulk Lab Smash together, it is a pretty nice playset, I thought all of the features were pretty cool but man does it come with some great minifigs. Not a fan of Modok, he looks too odd to me but the Falcon and Taskmaster look great, I especially love Falcon's translucent wings, they are pretty sweet.

teeny

Is anywhere offering the deluxe version of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens for preorder in the UK yet? I need that golden cover and Stormtrooper Finn.

Are you kidding me? I just opened that Geoffrey the Giraffe polybag i specifically had to bricklink since it wasn't available here, only to find out that 2 out of 3 yellow 2x2 bricks are MISSING out of those couple pieces the whole bag contains :((((

super bummed now as i don't think i have them as spares in that color, so now i can't even build my Geoffrey :((

and no i can't be arsed right now to contact Lego for those 2 pieces.

maybe later ugh

Falcon and Taskmaster look great, I especially love Falcon's translucent wings, they are pretty sweet.

This just reminded me of the difference between the official Lego Taskmaster and the Chinese version. The Chinese version has a really amazing, perfect shield print and the lego version was pretty poor by any metric.

OP0spYA.jpg

VS

4EGGmdn.jpg

I believe the reason is because the chinese used files from the Lego Marvel video game and just copied it 1:1. Man it's a nice print though. It really stands out and I am a sucker for that comic accuracy.

True story. I went to take a quick pic of mine before leaving for work and after 20 minutes I still cannot find any of my Taskmasters. I'm pretty sure I have 3-4 of them. I really need to sort my minifigs...

Taisaijin

Has this already been posted? First I've seen of it and looks like a printed door.. you'd think the HQ could've at least gotten that print..

Photo%20Feb%2005%2C%208%2012%2011%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2005%2C%208%2020%2021%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2005%2C%208%2022%2004%20AM.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
I just really hope that I like the movie. Would be nice if it worked out and we got several more of these movies.

Love the new hair pieces.

Is that villain the new "slimer" or the new big bad?

Holy shit that looks fucking incredible!!!! Oh my god I have to have it. And I'm amazed they included Helmsworth and the Ecto-2 in there!! I would have put money on him getting his own set like an "Ecto-2 Chase" set. I wonder how many sets they're gonna do or if this'll be the only one? The minifigs look FANTASTIC, those prints, the new hair, the faces, WOW.

The official synopsis of the movie is that ghosts of murderers from every era start popping up around New York, but it doesn't exactly look human, so at this point who knows? It could also be just an invented thing for the set, like the Blue and Pink Ghosts in the Firehouse HQ.

Edit: Uh be weary people, the Lego set, as usual, spoils a sequence from the movie. So unless you wanna know, don't go looking for the rest of / high res versions of the pictures. ):<

TheFuzz

I hope the movie is good, but the set itself is fantastic. I really love the door design on the sides and the rear opening. The minifigures are good too....

Firehouse HQ will have some additional company.

I just really hope that I like the movie. Would be nice if it worked out and we got several more of these movies.

Love the new hair pieces.

Does this mean the end for the ideas one? Can't imagine Lego having both on the shelves...

Not necessarily. The Firehouse HQ just came out and one of the selling points is that the Ideas Ecto-1 can fit inside it. I can't imagine they would discontinue it so soon after releasing the Firehouse since they put that on the box itself as well as the in-store promos. Edit: Actually my bad, it's not on the box but it is all over the store promo material. Still, I feel like it's still got some time left it in.

I think that Sony is gonna go all-in on Ghostbusters merch this year with stuff from the reboot as well as the classic line. When the IDW comics ended out of nowhere last year there was speculation that it was because Sony didn't want brand confusion with the line of comics featuring the old cast but the movie featuring the new cast, but they just announced that the comic is getting revived for another run so I think Sony just wants to throw as much Ghostbusters shit out there as possible. I mean if you have a bunch of idiots running around complaining about the all-women reboot, they're not gonna buy merch from that, so you'd think Sony would be ready with stuff for fans of the classics to buy as well.

TheFuzz

No, they don't. That's the edges of the pieces that stand out, the lines are way too exact to be stickers. Very clearly printed bricks.

Look at the second pic, it's obviously a sticker. That's not the edge of the pieces.

Now that doesn't mean it's necessarily stickers on the final model, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're "clearly printed."

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Look at the second pic, it's obviously a sticker. That's not the edge of the pieces.

Now that doesn't mean it's necessarily stickers on the final model, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're "clearly printed."

Well, I do. :D The sticker sheet is transparent. There are visible trans stickers for the logo on the bike, the red plates on the side of the car and the window frame. And the white item on the roof. The tiles are without a shadow of a doubt printed. There are no stickers that extend that far to the edges on a brick, they are perfectly aligned and there is no sign that these bricks are thicker. You can clearly see the transparent stickers from the side. The plates are printed, as are the taillights and the license plates.

Jimbro72

Well, I do. :D The sticker sheet is transparent. There are visible trans stickers for the logo on the bike, the red plates on the side of the car and the window frame. And the white item on the roof. The tiles are without a shadow of a doubt printed. There are no stickers that extend that far to the edges on a brick, they are perfectly aligned and there is no sign that these bricks are thicker. You can clearly see the transparent stickers from the side. The plates are printed, as are the taillights and the license plates.

I think I'm in agreement with you on the strips being printed prices, as well as the license plate, but based on one close up pic I saw over at brickset, I believe the taillights are a sticker. I can see the outline of it in that pic.

Firehouse HQ will have some additional company.

Ugh. More pressure to buy it.

No, they don't. That's the edges of the pieces that stand out, the lines are way too exact to be stickers. Very clearly printed bricks.

I'd be surprised if TLG gave us printed parts for both those 2x2 slopes and the 1x2 slope in front of the logo. They look like stickers to me, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong if you are right!

Tom_Cody

Does anyone have 75087-1: Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter? I had no idea they made this! trying to get it cheap from bricklink because it's such a kickass ship design. Plus I really want a Ventress minifig.
I don't know if you still need an answer, but I bought this recently and it's awesome. Bigger than I expected and an overall great design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom