• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowler

Would you guys be happier if the Hoth set were a large micro-scale set like the Avengers Helicarrirer? The Hoth Base could be a real structure that opened up to reveal the interior. Outside it would be a battlefield with several small AT-ATs and Snowspeeders battling it out.

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night. Can still be playable, just instead of minifigs you swoosh small Snowspeeders and X-Wings...

Fowler

LMY8tsB.jpg

So I guess this ship is NOT based on the Aftermath novel like we thought?

Also, that Spider-Man bridge set, damn.

From all of that, I'm getting the Ghost Rider set, the Ultimate Flama and the park figures set. Possibly the Jestro set if it has a bunch of interesting new parts.

I'll also get the white Elves dragon, a few more Elves sets, probably tons of CMF and various other things so it's not like I'll lack things to buy anyway.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yesterday I bought the 76037: Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team-up set for $30 thanks to a coupon I had. While not one of my favorite Spidey sets, I wanted to fill that gap in my collection and try to keep up with all the Marvel stuff hitting soon. I'm going to need that tower bridge!

So I guess this ship is NOT based on the Aftermath novel like we thought?

Also, that Spider-Man bridge set, damn.

Nope, not from Aftermath but it was a really good theory based on the blurry minifig pics we had at first.

This set is based off of the new LEGO SW The Freemaker Adventures coming this summer. I am wondering if the Dengar set is from that show too.

This pic gives you a really good idea of the 'scale' of the Hoth UCS set. It gives you a lot to work with in creating a Hoth replica. And much like the recent Cantina and Maz's castle sets, it's easy to imagine people buying multiples to expand it.

huzJiVf.jpg

Jimbro72

It's interesting how they keep showing the wampa cave as a side wall or entrance to the hoth base. I think it's shown like that on the back of the box, too.

Ponn

Banned
Those Spider-Man sets are so good. Finally will have my Sinister Six. Is that Ghost Rider set $20? Even at $25 its going to sell like gangbusters. Great figs and pieces in that set.

I'm totally in love with that Rex's AT-TE set. I saw those episodes and they were really great episodes but I never imagined they would do a set for them and remain pretty darn accurate. I'm actually liking most of those Star Wars sets. Most of them being larger sets will probably keep me from getting them. Just thinking of the price they should be then adding $20 for star wars tax will make alot of them $100 or more.

Oh and that Ninjago Green Dragon, mmmmhm, it will be mine. And thats it from that wave.

Fowler

They're not even hiding it. Over the years we visited Hoth several times but this is the first time you get all in one set. :D

Except it's not even "all". No AT-AT, no Leia, no bacta tank... I mean, that's the other disappointing thing about this set, the minifig selection doesn't really contain anything special.

(Other than Janson. Good shot Janson!)

Ponn

Banned
Except it's not even "all". No AT-AT, no Leia, no bacta tank... I mean, that's the other disappointing thing about this set, the minifig selection doesn't really contain anything special.

(Other than Janson. Good shot Janson!)

I think this is a very important point here about the minifigs. Usually if a set is over the price vs part ratio its made up for with minifigs (or just being a completely awesome model like the Helicarrier). The Bat Cave is a little over that ratio but makes up for it with an awesome and exclusive minifig lineup and unique pieces. They are treating the Hoth set like an expensive battle pack that doesn't even have the value of being a cheap battle pack. A day later and I continue to be baffled with what they were thinking with this set.

ghostmind

Those Spider-Man sets are so good. Finally will have my Sinister Six. Is that Ghost Rider set $20? Even at $25 its going to sell like gangbusters. Great figs and pieces in that set.

I'm totally in love with that Rex's AT-TE set. I saw those episodes and they were really great episodes but I never imagined they would do a set for them and remain pretty darn accurate. I'm actually liking most of those Star Wars sets. Most of them being larger sets will probably keep me from getting them. Just thinking of the price they should be then adding $20 for star wars tax will make alot of them $100 or more.

Oh and that Ninjago Green Dragon, mmmmhm, it will be mine. And thats it from that wave.

Apparently the three Marvel sets are $20, $40 and $100.

Ponn

Banned
Apparently the three Marvel sets are $20, $40 and $100.

Yea, that Ghost Rider set is going to be constantly sold out at that price. Thats a great price for the Doc Ock set too but I wanted it anyways. Going to have that robot rampaging on the Bridge, or under it.

Great price on that bridge, was expecting $120. I think i'm going to forget about Tower Bridge because the unnumbered bags would kill me on that set with my head problems. Going to get two of that bridge set instead, will try to get a 2nd set from someone selling it cheap sans figs.

Rootbeer

Banned
Clearest picture so far of the new dark force user

6074bbb17b4b4b7e68c420e63d69b020.png

Must be the villain in the new LEGO SW show, because I can't find any character named that already established.

Lego knows exactly what they are doing while Mattel will likely shy away from Suicide Squad merchandise, Lego is definitely pushing those characters.
Harley, Katana, Deadshot, Croc, Boomerang all done
nobody needs Ropeguy, so that really just leaves Flagg, Diablo, Enchantress and tats Joker. Maybe Waller.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I'm loving this new wave of ninjago!

Star Wars sets look interesting enough. I'm especially on board for Rex's AT-TE.

Osahi

I want that Luggabeast! It's abit of a shame the stall will push the price (which i imagine will be around 65 to 70 euro here with that piece count :( )

Rex' at-te looks great too, but will only be mine if I find it on a sale

I'm gonna have to save up for Rexs AT TE. Looks like its gonna have a bunch of really cool details. Luggabeast isnt doing it for me. That bright blue color just ruins it. Also I wish it was a smaller set like reys speeder cause if I was going to get it I'd just want that, not any of the other crap that comes with it.

ghostmind

75145 Eclipse Fighter $30
75146 2016 Advent Calendar $40
75147 Star Scavenger $50
75148 Encounter on Jakku $60
75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter $80
75150 Vader's TIE Advanced vs A-Wing Fighter $90
75151 Clone Turbo Tank $110
75127 Captain Rex's AT-TE $120

Rootbeer

Banned
75145 Eclipse Fighter $30
75146 2016 Advent Calendar $40
75147 Star Scavenger $50
75148 Encounter on Jakku $60
75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter $80
75150 Vader's TIE Advanced vs A-Wing Fighter $90
75151 Clone Turbo Tank $110
75127 Captain Rex's AT-TE $120
Hmm, I'm getting all the $60 and under sets day 1, plus the Vader TIE. The rest I'll acquire over time I think.

I've always been a big fan of all the Yoda Chronicles sets, so no way am I missing out on the Freemakers stuff. I'm pumped!

Please give us a chance at that Mr Freeze polybag.
TRU or S@H promo later this year probably!

I feel like the head printing for Ghost Rider could use some flames to blend the flaming hair and skull. Plus side is the head is generic and very reusable without any flame printing.

If that is a $20 set, I feel like it's a consolation for all pricey LEGO sets. Thank you LEGO for continuing to put out those $20-$25 super hero sets with great minifigs.

I'm impressed with LEGO logistics. Creating a new mould that goes with clumsy guy and Dengar (that is the same mould right?) so they could be produced at the same time.

Looks like early reports Doc Ock had same print as the last one were wrong (or LEGO was just using old one as temporary filler) . This is the print I want. Classic plain Doc Ock. Not feeling the mech, but I like the new pincers using the ball joints. If he wasn't unstable to stand before, he definitely will need 2 studs to hold him down now. Classic Vulture too!

Glad they are using a different color palette than black or black and yellow for Batman vehicle. All black is really getting tiring. They probably did it on purpose to match with Blue Beetle color scheme. Blue Beetle looks great. I just need a LEGO Ted Kord Blue Beetle version now.
Never would have imagines Killer Moth being made. How long before we get Calendar Man or The Calculator?

Boomerangs! Love it! Knowing LEGO, they will have plans to use that for an Aussie outback adventurer/hunter. Just need LEGO to make the ice cream/butcher hat in same blue and I can make classic Captain Boomerang.
With the popularity of the Flash TV show, I would hope LEGO would put out more Flash sets with his rogue gallery.
Looks like Killer Croc doesn't brush his teeth. Is the color of the vehicle teeth cool yellow or the fake glow in the dark yellow we saw in Ninjago sets?

3N16MA

Banned
That Bat Tank is a monster. Great design.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for the Batman LEGO Movie next year.

Hmm, I'm getting all the $60 and under sets day 1, plus the Vader TIE. The rest I'll acquire over time I think.

I've always been a big fan of all the Yoda Chronicles sets, so no way am I missing out on the Freemakers stuff. I'm pumped!

TRU or S@H promo later this year probably!

Don't be silly, it'll be a SDCC exclusive!

This set baffles me. Why include the lookout and speeder bike that never appeared in the movie instead of the medical room or tunnels we did see in the movie?

To be fair, there's less playability in tunnels and rooms. But then again, who buys a $250 set based on a 35 year old movie for someone to play with?

Interesting new tail fin or flag mould on the new Star Wars set.

So cute! I can't wait to put Ghost Rider head with flames on it.
I didn't notice from earlier photos that the hands are non-functional and the arms can't move too. Would have been nice if there was a smaller hole (similar to those in hair and helmets) in the hands to attach accessories.

Nexo Knights sets look nice, but only one set is calling me. Jestro's Volcano Lair. The minifigs are also calling to me, especially the bad guys. I hope the knight minifigs are identical to the first wave so I can avoid buying sets I don't really want. Definitely grabbing those $10 ultimate minifig sets. Multiple Flamas FTW. General Magmar looks like he could be made into Sith Lord.

Ninjago continues to be the theme I hate to love. The brick built dragons are continuing to impress me. Only a few sets I want which is good. The collector in my wants the new minifigs so hopefully they won't be too expensive in aftermarket. Seems like purple ninja is a kid. Makes sense since Lloyd is all grown up (technically only physically).

Ewok Village is still one of the best sets out there. Pics don't really do it justice, as it is a fantastic little play set with so many hidden gems to it, and it is damn fun to build as well.

A link to the gallery of review pics I made for the set back in 2013.

wi14EAwl.jpg

Get the set while you can. Was both mine and Ghostmind's #1 set of 2013, and with very good reason.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

It's definitely on the list. Wife just got me the Millennium Falcon (75105) for Valentine's Day, so I'll keep an eye on stock of the Ewok Village over the next few weeks and hopefully be able to jump on it at some point...we'll see how tax returns are looking when I do them tonight...

Creator TF:

ATrAElZ.jpg

laKxl87.jpg

AJ7WD38.jpg

Crap. Those are appealing. Excellent brick built Orca/Willy. Seems like I have all the parts for Willy so I probably can skip the lighthouse set.

I can't say no to that motorhome/trailer. That is by far the best one I've ever seen in minifig scale. Not sure why there is a huge brown brick built rat though.

Tree house is more how I would picture a kids treehouse. Looks very nice, but something I can skip. I am a sucker for the dark colors ( dark green in this set) so that makes that set even more appealing visually to me. Blue bird looks like it's an Angry Bird about to smash the treehouse.

Holy crap I'm going to become broke this year cause of Lego

If you are in a relationship, that could be in trouble too. I need to sell some LEGO to make room for new stuff and to finance this years purchases.

Well guess I am never getting the old school Mr. Freeze.

It's very likely IMO that the polybag will be available as an exclusive giveaway with purchase. It just screams promotion item especially the way it's in polybag format. If it was exclusive to the show it would have more special packaging and not some mass packaging.

iosefe

I spent the past couple hours making a microfighters sized Kylo Ren command shuttle with the wings that spread out.

Will upload pics tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom