• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went to the LEGO store they told me it's unlikely I'll find a shark guy even though there were two full boxes. I mainly wanted the knight and goat boy anyway, but that sucks in principle.

Maengun1

Hopefully it's just a quality control issue. Seems like if it was a shark copyright thing it would have come up earlier? Also -_- at being able to forever copyright "a light blue shark" from a halftime show.

3N16MA

Banned
I can't see it being about the shark. They are the same color and sharks but outside of that they don't look the same. The thought if it just seems ridiculous.

When I went to the LEGO store they told me it's unlikely I'll find a shark guy even though there were two full boxes. I mainly wanted the knight and goat boy anyway, but that sucks in principle.

The crazy thing is how there are 5 per box when usually there are 2-3 of costumed CMFs like that. Demand for shark guy is pretty high. I had an easier time finding hot dog guy and unicorn girl. Hopefully there is a large supply coming eventually. If quality issue, how are they gonna produce a new huge batch in such short notice with their factories at full capacity? They have to bump some other stuff.

Bricklink going price for shark guy is about $7 in North America. Let's see if a shark frenzy happens as rumors fly and fear strikes.

I think that maze set is an easy pass for me. SW UCS sets is where my money is going this year. Roll on double VIP.

I was pretty into the maze thing because it hadn't even occurred to me that they'd use those balls which aren't quite round. It's basically set-ruining for me.

Rootbeer

Banned
Pirate Batman minifig revealed. Definitely a must-have for us Batman minifig collectors. Looks nice. Pre-order it here or your fav bookstore.

3d85c47ab1054d5c8eeddd40a304865d.png

CcjuS02UAAErmBZ.jpg:large

Ponn

Banned
Pirate Batman minifig revealed. Definitely a must-have for us Batman minifig collectors. Looks nice. Pre-order it here or your fav bookstore.

3d85c47ab1054d5c8eeddd40a304865d.png

It's alright, gonna get it. Would have liked a bat cowl shaped pirate hat though. I suppose they wouldn't go out of their way to make a new mold like that for a one off fig.

Not super excited about it, but the printing is nicely done. I guess I should have kept expectations low as that's probably the best they could do without making any new moulds. Will probably get the book as it is about my favorite theme.

Regarding the CMF recall, first comment in this article. http://brickset.com/article/19631
"I've seen a few reports on Reddit of people getting two torsos and no legs in packets, so it could be that."

This seems much more likely that issue is the packaging. Makes sense why some places they are recalled and some aren't as LEGO probably identified which lots or likely affected and only recalled those.

EDIT:

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/recall-on-lego-minifigures-series-15/

What I can confirm is there is no issue in the UK or Europe and on the LAN (LEGO Ambassador Network) this morning, KimT posted this:

“Just to be clear – we have not done a recall in 6 years and if we did, I am quite confident we’d all know.
There may be other issues that would warrant a temporary stop for distribution, but recalls are different: https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/product-recalls?domainredir=service.lego.com”

kapowza

Darkseid shot him with his eye-lazers and he went spinning through time for a wee bit, at one point being a pirate.

it was excellent

Koren

Could either Slave One and Helicarrier be retired soon?

I'm thinking about buying both, but I'm reluctant to buy both this month, even with double vip. I've already spent too much on Lego recently. :/

Batwing Batman vs The Brain

...aaaaand it turns out that a trip to urbandictionary.com was actually helpful!

All of the rumors of a CMF recall prompted me to feel for the last 4 figs I needed. Found them in the first 6 bags, plus an extra shark dude! I'm still so impressed with the quality of this line. The animals, the new elements, the leg printing...all so good.

I'd totally gotten clean but having the full series makes me want to go back and grab the remaining series 15 and Simpsons series 2 ones. If I do that I'll have a full collection of 1-16, sans Mr Gold.
Sigfried I'm looking in your direction......

Ponn

Banned
Even if it had a giant dick printed on his forehead, it's a Batman variant so I'll be getting it

Nananananana-DICKMAN! Holy gonorrhea Dickman!

So it's almost time to empty your bank accounts and max out those credit cards on double VIP day. Lots of new March sets i'm sure everyone has been holding off on. My original plan was just to pick up like all the new Civil War sets, Jays Elemental Dragon and the Avenjet i've been putting off. Now that i'm seriously considering cutting way back and just concentrating on a few UCS ships, modulars and bigger sets i'm thinking of just going with the Batcave now and maybe Brick Bank next month to get Mr. Freeze. I don't know, its really hard to just quit cold turkey. Especially since I got the new lego catalog today.

So whats everyones plans, just big sets are anyone going crazy with all the new Ninjago and Marvel sets?

Rootbeer

Banned
I too am considering bat cave for double VIP. Ghostbusters is very tempting too though and I feel likening would be a better investment over time as it's more or less a licensed modular building, and we know how those modular sets can be

21305 LEGO Ideas Maze review: http://www.hispabrickmagazine.com/en/content/21305-%E2%80%A2-maze-review

Odd that a review was published before they officially revealed the set.

I'm actually really hyped for this as it could be really cool to see all the different maze designs people come up with. I wish there were more experimental official lego stuff like this. Only other thing I can think of is mind storms. The guy who made it is absolutely brilliant, i hope some of his other stuff can become ideas sets in the future as well.

I think I've settled on my double VIP plans... Detective's Office and Slave 1. This will be fun! Gonna have to console my poor wallet >_> But I just got a small raise so it can take it~

ghostmind

21305 LEGO Ideas Maze revealed: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/59

12Ksrac.jpg

aoyUB3p.jpg

LEGO Ideas Maze – The reinvention of a classic!

The latest LEGO Ideas product reinvents the classic ball and labyrinth game, but adds a twist of creative LEGO building to the fun.

Built entirely from LEGO elements, the LEGO Maze consists of a base frame and a simple tip and tilt mechanism made up of LEGO beams and axles. You turn the wheels to move the maze up and down or from side to side guiding the ball away from the traps.

The interchangeable maze system means you can easily swap maze plates without having to rebuild the entire game. Once you’ve mastered the two maze designs included with the set, you will find lots of inspiration to start creating your own mazes using the bricks included or any of your own LEGO elements.

The set also includes a removable container to store the balls and a travel lock that keeps everything in place when you are carrying or storing the game.

This is the 13th product in the LEGO Ideas series, this time designed by LEGO fan Jason Allemann who has always been fascinated with this classic game.

“I originally tried to recreate the wooden version of the Labyrinth maze as faithfully as possible, with a larger rectangular maze and actual holes for the ball to fall through. It quickly became apparent that this it wasn't going to be practical though. The holes required the maze to be built using multiple layers of smaller plates, making it heavy, part intensive and relatively weak”.

“I decided to decrease the size of the maze and eliminate the holes. By having the ball fall into depressions, the maze could be built using a smaller number of larger plates. The smaller size and simplified construction also resulted in a much lighter maze, making the control system much more responsive”.

Once the project completed the LEGO Ideas review process and was approved, the professional LEGO model designer Steen Sig Andersen became involved to ensure the model and the building experience lived up to what is expected of a LEGO product.

“Steen did an amazing job of improving the robustness of the frame. He managed to address all of the weak spots in my original model without changing any of the basic design and behavior”.

Connie Solhiem Lykke, Marketing Manager at LEGO Ideas, is also delighted with the final result and especially by the fact that it encourages players to carry on and build new mazes for the game.

“While the original wooden version is always the same, this concept really embraces the customization that building with LEGO elements allow. You can modify the difficulty of the mazes, create ones that follow specific patterns or favorite LEGO themes. The possibilities seem endless”.

For Jason Allemann, seeing his model become an actual LEGO product is a dream come true.

“I'm incredibly excited that this project received the support of so many people and was then approved to become an official LEGO product. I've been building with LEGO bricks for most of my life, and since I really got back into building as an adult it has been a dream in the back of my mind to someday have one of my models turned into an official LEGO set”.

--

21305 Maze contains 769 pieces and launches April 1 for $69.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom