• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

and I am still on the lookout for:

(Model, Model #, Retail Price)

UCS Imperial Shuttle 10212 260
UCS Y-Wing 10134 120

GAF ---- what have I done??? And rumor has it that a $700+ Millennium Falcon is due on Sept 1.................RIP my wallet, my free time, my display space, and probably my marriage, LOL

Ahh the Star Wars UCS bug....welcome to the club!

If you're looking for brand new, UCS Imperial Shuttle is at least US$500 and the UCS Y-Wing is probably around US$1,000.

I got most of the older stuff used. I'm still hunting for a used UCS Y-wing. Good luck on your hunting!

So this year will be my first force friday about how close to the day will we find out which toys r us will be opening up at midnight or are we to assume they all will be.

Ponn

Banned
Well, I am glad I am not into SW. I thought about getting the Falcon to store it and make a profit later on, but the sheer size of its box is a logistic problem. Not only it will cost a lot on shipping, but it will be difficult to guarantee that it arrives in good shape. And it would take a lot of space in storage. So the odds are against getting it. I still have enought for NC and OFH but again due to boxes size I may get OFH and wait for a sale on NC. It is not that I am out of things to build, since I still need to assemble Parisian Restaurant.

I heard once you buy it the box flies itself to your place within 12 parsecs.

Broank

I picked these up today. They were 20 percent off at Target and I thought they looked pretty neat. Came to a little over 90 bucks in all.

5ZEueNI.jpg

Ocean Explorer boat was smoothly and satisfying to put together. Looking forward to the others. I haven't bought any Lego in probably 15-20 years but I got the itch!
Was kind of inspired remembering my grandma that recently passed away used to always take me to Meijer to pick out a toy whenever I visited. I of course would always go for the Legos. lol Went through some old pictures feeling nostalgia seeing the old sets in there.

Someone put the breaks on me............I've gone over 2 decades without owning any legos, and now.......now, I have been bitten by the collector's bug. These models are just fantastic and increase way too fast in price. I need to hop on these NOW before it is too late.

In just the past 2 weeks, I've gobbled up the following (all are new-in-box):

Moderately Sized Star Destroyer (w Full Interior)
GAF ---- what have I done??? And rumor has it that a $700+ Millennium Falcon is due on Sept 1.................RIP my wallet, my free time, my display space, and probably my marriage, LOL

Not sure why you are worried about $700 after spending $$$$ in just two weeks. You won't hear this often in this thread, "take it down a few notches with the buying". Good thing you are only interest in Star Wars especially UCS sets.
I'm being sarcastic. Star Wars is an endless pit.
. On the positive side, LEGO has good resale value.

Welcome to the club.

I'm still on the fence about selling some of my UCS sets.
Not because of the money but because i just have no more space anymore.
Only things that i collect are UCS sets and Sideshow PF so space really is a problem.
I don't want to just store them away and maybe in a few years rebuild them.
There's always gonna be some new stuff that i really wanna have....damn you Star Wars!!!

I haven't been paying attention recently... is that Sep.1st date for the Falcon still just a rumor or has it become more substantial these last days? I mean... if THAT is the date indeed i'll be in trouble since i'll be on holiday and won't be able to buy one :(

Osahi

I haven't been paying attention recently... is that Sep.1st date for the Falcon still just a rumor or has it become more substantial these last days? I mean... if THAT is the date indeed i'll be in trouble since i'll be on holiday and won't be able to buy one :(

It's not coming out september 1st if I'm not mistaken. It should be announced that day, and then released with early VIP at the 15th or 16th.

GAF, you haven't put my brakes on yet.................this morning, I snagged another new UCS TIE Fighter (for $180 --- decent price) and another new UCS Slave I for $165 (a bargain), another with a new UCS Imperial Shuttle for $535 (pretty good for new, right?) ...............................

Planning on using the extra TIE fighter to pair the two TIEs with Vader's TIE Advanced and the Red Five X-Wing to set up a trench run layout. Maybe with the new Millennium Falcon design, I can have that swooping in from the front of a display light......mmmm....possibilities.....

Is the Saturn V worth a look?

DonShula

GAF, you haven't put my brakes on yet.................this morning, I snagged another new UCS TIE Fighter (for $180 --- decent price) and another new UCS Slave I for $165 (a bargain), another with a new UCS Imperial Shuttle for $535 (pretty good for new, right?) ...............................

Planning on using the extra TIE fighter to pair the two TIEs with Vader's TIE Advanced and the Red Five X-Wing to set up a trench run layout. Maybe with the new Millennium Falcon design, I can have that swooping in from the front of a display light......mmmm....possibilities.....

Saturn V seems to be set of the year for about half the regulars in this thread.

Good price for the UCS Imperial Shuttle!
Saturn V is amazing! Get it NAO! Pair it up with Expedition 10231. Both the dimensions are exactly on scale with the real thing.

Rootbeer

Banned
So, BB-8 confirms either a sequel design or as some have been hoping, comes with parts to convert it back and forth from OT to Sequel Trilogy as you see fit.

Seems very strange to show him if he's not included, so there ya go.

I want their house where here is space for a trench run display using multiple UCS Star Wars sets

Doesn't exist yet :cool: Maybe in 5-10 years, LOL. Legos first, house second. Maybe house out of Legos? Probably too drafty........

I'm expecting to build just 3-4 of these per year, so it is going to take me 5-10 years just to catch up on the collection....

Rootbeer

Banned
Doesn't exist yet :cool: Maybe in 5-10 years, LOL. Legos first, house second. Maybe house out of Legos? Probably too drafty........

I'm expecting to build just 3-4 of these per year, so it is going to take me 5-10 years just to catch up on the collection....

Spoilers: You're not going to catch up.

Embrace the backlog destiny.

Rootbeer

Banned
From LEGO retailer stores that used them for display purposes? Maybe Toys R Us? I see some similar eBay auctions that say TRU.

Managers either gave them to customers, threw them away and were retrieved for sale, or the manager or an employee under them did the same.

They all look a little on the old side, I don't think LEGO does this anymore do they?

Top Bottom