• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ponn

Banned
I decided to get it so I will be up all night checking now. Going to play some Lego Worlds on Switch now finally.

PLEASE turn this into a proper MOC set on rebrickable with instructions. You'll make some serious cash and make a lot of LEGO fans very, very happy!!!

Oh no....................you've introduced me to the LEGO Holiday / Winter Village series...............now I must acquire every single one of them...........................what have you done..............................................my wallet....................................................not even recovered from the Star Wars UCS line yet.................................hrrrrggggh...................

You are in the wrong thread if you don't want to be tempted.

After weeks of building and waiting for more bricklink orders... I present the Mecha Townhouse! I wanted to make a townhouse that uses all my spare yellow bricks, but I realized I didn't have the pieces I wanted for an interior. So I did something a little different. I made a robot house that fully transforms.

From the street, it looks like a regular custom lego townhouse.
But if you fold open the side walls and detach the base plate, arms and legs fold out!
.... To form the Mecha Townhouse!

Quite awesome! It's like the offspring of a Transformer and a Modular.

Ummm...dare I ask what comes out the front door?

Ummm...dare I ask what comes out the front door?

Y54nu6r.jpg

1kGuoeD.jpg

Sidzed2

Falcon just went live in Australia.

Just grabbed it together with the Winter Village station.

$1400 Aussie dollars.

What have I done?

papluh

Yep, page is up and order went through.
So far no email, but it can be seen at the page and money was blocked/charged at the card.

DBT85

7:18AM here in the UK and my order just went though. £150 of VIP applied.

Of course in my haste I forgot to change it to use my paypal credit. lol.

Website is now not happy so I'm guessing its getting hit hard.

Imshocked.jif

Had the option to buy 3 and the ability to do so, but I choose not to be one of those people. Also I CBA with the hassle and stress trying to sell it only for some ebay scum to try and cancel the transaction lol.

In the US and been auto-refreshing the store page for a few hours, suddenly it's started acting a bit odd, flashing errors when it refreshes sometimes and even saying it couldn't find the page briefly before refreshing again back to normal. Does the store use the same servers for all regions and traffic elsewhere from people buying it is just affecting this, or is something going on in the US store? Hmm...

Is it up for US? I noticed I got logged out or something, this same issue happened during the Saturn V launch... I thought people saying they got it are from other regions where it's up now.

Ah, I'm signed back in now, still not up for US. Should get to sleep soon I suppose, doesn't look like it'll be up for us until later after all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
After weeks of building and waiting for more bricklink orders... I present the Mecha Townhouse! I wanted to make a townhouse that uses all my spare yellow bricks, but I realized I didn't have the pieces I wanted for an interior. So I did something a little different. I made a robot house that fully transforms.

From the street, it looks like a regular custom lego townhouse.

But if you fold open the side walls and detach the base plate, arms and legs fold out!

.... To form the Mecha Townhouse!

Its a building that turns into a robot - I don't get it?

Just managed to get a Falcon from the UK site and got the receipt on screen.

I had one in the cart when the server was failing and automatically got logged out and lost the cart contents.

I kept retrying to put one back in the cart and finally got it to progress past the payment stage a couple of minutes ago.

I mean, when I validate the last step of the order, I get a "we're unable to check the payment, please contact consumer service" or "an error occured".

(and yes, I lost the cart twice, out of 30+ tries)

Yeah sorry, should have known.

Dutch lego store here: went to the store at about 9:30h and it went through without a hitch. Back ordered of course.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
shipping in 30 days now. At this rate it'd be a nice birthday present for me. And its far enough out that I can sort of justify it with 'well I could cancel before it ships if I get cold feet'..

papluh

Finally LEGO spilled the beans on the black card

Limited edition, collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP Card
Get your special edition membership card when you buy the Millennium Falcon™ and enjoy a full year of LEGO® Star Wars™ themed benefits!
Who is eligible for the LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP Card?
All VIP Members that purchase the Millennium Falcon™, including members signing up for the first time. This includes all countries VIP operates in, including countries that don’t normally receive physical membership cards. For country list, please see VIP.LEGO.com/terms.
How will I receive my card?
The card will be sent via postal mail - please note that cards are not available in Brand Retail Stores. These will also be sent via post to ensure they're personalised and if applicable, linked to a pre-existing account. This means that all previously earnt points will be available on the new card and it will already be activated. The original account will need to be fully registered.
What does the card do?
Card holders will still receive all standard VIP benefits, in addition, they'll be eligible for a full year of special Star Wars-themed offers throughout 2018.
What are the special offers that this card entitles a member to?
Special offers will include points promotions, special events, gifts with purchase and more! The offers will be shared directly with applicable VIPs throughout 2018.
Will the VIP Number on this card be different from my regular VIP card?
Existing members will keep their existing number. It will be printed on both their original card and the Star Wars™ collectible one. They can be used interchangeably.
Can I obtain this card without purchasing the Millennium Falcon™?
Unfortunately not. This card is meant as a special gift with the purchase of the Millennium Falcon™.
Why can’t I have my card right when I purchase the Millennium Falcon™ in a LEGO® Brand Retail Store?
This is to ensure the card is linked to any existing VIP accounts and personalized with the member's name, they need to be custom-printed, which is not possible at the Store.
How long is the card available for?
The collectible card is a limited-time offer until 31/12, or while stocks last.
How long will it take to receive the card?
It can take up to 6 weeks after purchase of the Millennium Falcon™ to receive the card.

Koren

Dutch lego store here: went to the store at about 9:30h and it went through without a hitch. Back ordered of course.
That's annoying... I've tried for nearly two hours, I tried Paypal as a last resort, Paypal says a 799€ payment has gone through Lego.com, and Lego replied "not authorized".

The website is the same piece of sh*** as ever, I have troubles half of the time (I remember once needing THREE different computers to pass an order, since some parts of the website were unavailable to some computers, no single one could do the whole order) and it's the first time I buy something at launch...

DBT85

Sold out on the UK store. Went to place a back order but it'd already sold out by the time I pressed the button. I'm assuming they'll be making more of these?
Yes. Will be on sale for probably a year at minimum.

Will be interesting to see how much the scalpers are selling it for today.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry to hear about all the payment errors. Very frustrating.

Hope the NA S@H will fair better. Not that I have a lot of optimism for their website's capability.

DBT85

We'll see... After Saturn V, I wonder.

Still, their whole website is awful, especially the checkout part.
Yeah it's crap. So dumb.

Saturn is much cheaper so more people would be interested. It's appealed to people that never bought Lego and brought people like me in from the cold. The MF will do neither.

Top Bottom