• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I hope for the Venetian Houses, but fearvafter fishing store they won't go for another Ideas building.

Despite the fishing store and Saturn pushing the size limits, I don't see that one happening. Something of that size would cost more than a modular.

Osahi

Despite the fishing store and Saturn pushing the size limits, I don't see that one happening. Something of that size would cost more than a modular.

You're absolutely right. I didn't realise the proposed model is 4500 bricks. I thought it was around the 2000 mark. So yeah, it's not going to happen... (But then again, he built his walls 2 studs wide in stead of 1, so I'm sure Lego can get the piececount way down, or downscale the whole thing. One can hope!)

Not sure if there is anything in that list that I'd like to see made then. Maybe the plane...

By the way, anyone have an idea what the early VIP acces on june 15th could be?

mclem

In terms of those Ninjago sets, the standout is of course the Bounty, but I'd quite like to see more detail of that small 'rope bridge' set (70608, if I'm cross-referencing correctly), because that immediately grabbed me. Ninjago Warrior?

Yeah, didn't think about that one. You're probably right.

I was hoping for maybe an expert vehicle, but we won't see one this year, do we?

I wouldn't mind if they alternated years with the Creator Expert cars and fairground lines. They add up incredibly fast if we get one every year and the iconic ideas would run out.

Totally not ninjago leaks...
WLvMKrj.jpg

leonardo-dicaprio-calvin-candie-you-had-my-curiosity-but-now-you-have-my-attention.jpg

Osahi

I wouldn't mind if they alternated years with the Creator Expert cars and fairground lines. They add up incredibly fast if we get one every year and the iconic ideas would run out.

You make a good point, but then again: both lines are in different size and price ballparks. The Caroussel is over a 2000 pieces and in my region 200 euro's, while the cars are usually half of that. It was nice to go into the summer with an expert set that wasn't to expensive, and a more easy impulse buy. (The Carousel will probably have to wait untill double VIP, a new car wouldn't need too, as it's easier to spend 100 then 200).

Then again, the Saturn V might be our 'Expert Vehicle' this year, all things considered.

mclem

Then again, the Saturn V might be our 'Expert Vehicle' this year, all things considered.

On the subject of the Saturn V, I'm noticing something since I linked it on Facebook; I'm hearing a lot of people who aren't established AFOLs saying things like "Y'know, I'm rather tempted by this". Might be a bit of a gateway drug, particularly at that pricetag.

The press release "reveal" for the Beetle was mid-June last year, so there's still plenty of time for something in that line to appear this year.

Saying that, I don't remember if it was rumoured or known about months ahead of that or not.

Osahi

The press release "reveal" for the Beetle was mid-June last year, so there's still plenty of time for something in that line to appear this year.

Saying that, I don't remember if it was rumoured or known about months ahead of that or not.

There were definitely rumours.

Osahi

The guy that designed the Blue Power Jet needs to do an SR-71 or a B2 (both!) in the same scale.

Not sure if Lego would actually aprove of (real) fighter jets, as they for instance don't do military trucks or tanks either. But I agree, those would be cool. Then again, nobody would mistake the Blue Power Jet for a civilian plane, and they did a WWI plane in the past. I for one would love to see a classic B-52 in Lego, but I don't think it would ever get approved internally.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not sure if Lego would actually aprove of (real) fighter jets, as they for instance don't do military trucks or tanks either. But I agree, those would be cool. Then again, nobody would mistake the Blue Power Jet for a civilian plane, and they did a WWI plane in the past. I for one would love to see a classic B-52 in Lego, but I don't think it would ever get approved internally.

Original jetbwas pretty much an F14 just in red. There was another that was just like a typhoon/mirage/viggen. Blue power jet is like an F-22?

So I hope that means a red arrow would be doable as it's an aerobatic plane even though a military one (but perhaps too UK-centric)

A blackbird would be amazing

He did the Beetle and Ferrari. Now he's got the Carousel and Saturn V. Psiaki is a beast.
Oh dang, I didn't know he did the Saturn V!

Doesn't need to be an exact replica, just close enough -- like how the Blue Power Jet isn't an F-35 but it is.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got my first S17s today. Hotdog guy, Elf, Vet, 80s and the 'mystery' fig too.

Store had a display with all the boxes open- Rocket Boys have been ravaged HARD, couldnt find any at all.

Nodnol

Before I go off on one, a quick question; when building a new set, does anyone open all the bags and deal with a big pile of pieces as opposed to one bag at a time?

So over the last week, I did something for the first time; broke down my SW sets, and rebuilt them. One at a time, one every night or so (all but TFA MF, and the U-Wing for a second time tonight).

It was more of a stopgap before I can get some new sets, and I needed to scratch an itch.

There's something wonderfully therapeutic about Lego. Oh and I love building the U-Wing. I don't know why because I own more interesting sets to build in my SW collection (the Resistance Troop Transporter for instance), but it's just a satisfying thing to put together.

After breaking each one down, it was kinda fun hunting for a specific piece lost in a mound of bricks and tiles, so that's what made me wonder if anyone actually builds all their lego sets like that? Unless it's a UCS or very large set, I can't imagine it's too detrimental to he experience?

I always mix the bags. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My piece-finding skills are still honed from my childhood years of dumping the box out on the table and going to town.

Although, the largest set I've built in adulthood is only the Spidey Bridge Battle, but I would definitely want to mix the bags with the new UCS Falcon, though I'll never be able to buy one.

Plum

I always mix the bags. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My piece-finding skills are still honed from my childhood years of dumping the box out on the table and going to town.

Although, the largest set I've built in adulthood is only the Spidey Bridge Battle, but I would definitely want to mix the bags with the new UCS Falcon, though I'll never be able to buy one.

Believe me, you don't want to. The sheer amount of inevitable grey and dark grey pieces will make you rue the day your childhood self dumped that first box out on the table. I had to sort the 4,000 Tower Bridge pieces in to about 20 different containers and I still had trouble finding which yellowy piece to use in a sea of similar yellowy pieces.

I buy lots of used sets so the bags are already mixed. I never do it intentionally. I get enough anxiety when I can't find a piece in a numbered bag. On bigger sets I do a bag at a time and sort by color before building.

Believe me, you don't want to. The sheer amount of inevitable grey and dark grey pieces will make you rue the day your childhood self dumped that first box out on the table. I had to sort the 4,000 Tower Bridge pieces in to about 20 different containers and I still had trouble finding which yellowy piece to use in a sea of similar yellowy pieces.

I know it would be crazy but if I ever did a mixing of that magnitude, I wouldn't expect to finish it in any reasonable amount of time, just build a little; regain sanity; build a little more. :p

If I were rich, I'd buy the UCS Falcon, mix the bags into a huge container and livestream it for all to watch me slowly lose my grip on reality!

otapnam

That is how I feel about a lot of Rebels sets: want one fig in it but not too thrilled about the rest of the set.

You know, I think I would have passed had I googled what it looks like on the Ghost. The first one looked way better. Oh well, at least it's not too bad for the piece count.

Looks like it could've been out of an anime of video game. What a cool design. The ghost that is

Been taking my time with Sandcrawler and late in it saw I was given the wrong pieces in a bag. The instructions called for two 1x1 SNOT with recessed stud(like headlights). But they gave me SNOT with the studs flush with the side. The pieces still worked, but it was weird.
Then, when building the second side, it had the proper SNOT for that part.

Edit: About to start bag 13 on the set. I am sad I waited a few years to get this set. It is really damn good so far.

Haven't spontaneously bought a set on awd in a while but couldn't pass this up for $26 since I never got the first Phantom and this one has Thrawn. Now I have to rebuild the Ghost.
Man, they should've done a Star Destroyer for Thrawn. His Chimaera even has a unique look and all.

Speaking of Star Wars, what's today's deal?

If they do a special Star Destroyer, it should be The Emperor's from Dark Empire.

1383827209416.jpg
Wasn't that a custom Super Star Destroyer? Man, imagine if LEGO did a 6 set release a year Disney aren't promoting new movies with new sets called something like "Star Wars Legends". The Eclipse as a super huge set, the Chimaera, the Ebon Hawk and 3 smaller starfighters.

DonShula

So what's everyone getting this weekend?

I'll be taking my kids to the Lego Store Friday. I already have Krennic's Shuttle arriving tomorrow and still have a Hovertank to build. We'll see what else. Maybe an A-Wing or some constraction sets. My wife actually bought a K2SO, enjoyed the build, and put it in her office, so we may get a couple more of those. The kids will change their minds at the last second as usual. My son is hell-bent on getting a Death Star and I keep telling him it's just not gonna happen.

Not optimistic we'll get the free R2 bag, but it'd be nice if there are some left.

Just jumped back into Lego Worlds again (yes, I know you guys have no time, but just good stuff to know):

- Apparently there are way more Monster Fighter sets than I realized.

- Alot of Power Miners love as well

- I thought I exhausted the game collecting stuff but I'm still discovering a ton of new parts, pieces, and premade locations (hey, there's a Monster Fighters base camp?)

- Dragons and baby dragons are hinted at all over the place but I have yet to find one

-still finding a ton of new weapons like a crystal bomb and explosives bow... Even a nice carrot gun

-still haven't even played online with friends but I'm sure it's fun

-its great playing alongside my daughter. It's great because she can run around finding things while I build sets in game.

-there are land sharks

Yeah it would be cool to get an american vehicle, all we've gotten is european ones so far. America has iconic cars too :(

I can imagine a yellow taxi being possible before too many years, or a London black cab (though that might be quite similar in techniques to the bug).

I was coming up pretty short when I was trying to think of possibilities for creator vehicles though, nothing seemed quite memorable enough.

Top Bottom