• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leslie Jones currently going HAM on racist internet trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why even respond . Why not just block them and not even have the pointless back and forth. It's not like these people posting racist shit are people of any importance. Just block and move on .

Personally I find it hard to judge her reaction when I myself haven't experienced hundreds, if not thousands, of racist tweets being directly targeted at me.

Basically, I think we should probably be focusing on the racist tweets themselves, not how the victim reacts to them.

It's so sad that people like them exist.

Jesus fucking Christ, what drives people to be so hateful and so negative all over someone's fucking skin color. I hope these people get the punishment they deserve (losing their jobs, being fined/jailed for hate crimes).

Kid Heart

5dh1MIV.png

Me neither Leslie, me neither....

Blastoise

Banned
Shouldn't give troll cunts the time of day. But I can understand how hard it is to keep quiet.

Bunch a pathetic people.

cr0w

Old Member
Fucking embarrassing. I hate what fandom in general has become these days. I used to be proud of the shit I was into and of my hobbies, now I feel ashamed to be associated with a lot of it.

I'm a regular ass dude, and I won't touch Twitter or any of that shit. I can't imagine being famous and having to use it. Hell, I'd refuse. There's no good in it.

3N16MA

Banned
Now they can all go to bed feeling like champs.

How do you feel good about yourself after degrading someone like that?

Calderc

Saw this earlier and felt the need to tweet her to tell I thought she was awesome.

Sadly it no doubt hot lost in the sea of shit.

Alienous

Even Martin from Double Toasted got his jibe in on their show.

Anyway, this is some awful stuff. Just people tripping over themselves trying to hurt and offend.

D i Z

I don't think they know who they are fucking with. LJ isn't the kind to curl up into a ball before putting people on blast for shit like this.

MisterHero

I'm gonna watch Ghostbusters a couple more times because she's awesome in it. The marketing didn't do her character any favors.

Jazzem

Awful, utterly awful :( It's disgusting what people can get away with behind internet anonymity, especially when Twitter continues to do nothing about it.

Vesmir

Banned
The kids are doing it for the lols and she is giving them a platform. You think quoting some twitter account is going to teach the troll a lesson? It will only provoke the nameless morons even further. It's going ham with a toothpick against a beehive.

Madness

why are they piling up on her and why is she not ignoring random twitter trolls ?

She is a new black face in a mainstream movie. What do you expect? Most probably are dumb as bricks underage kids hiding under anonymity or racist trolls who have nothing better going on in life than to try and bring someone down to their level. Leslie Jones was better in the movie than Melissa Mccarthy, yet Melissa will never be called subhuman or a monkey or etc.

Rayis

Kudos to her for taking it in stride even though she should not be getting all that harassment, I hope Twitter does something about it and bans all those racist fuckin assholes.

D i Z

just checked and all of the people she calls out are 4chan user, trump supporter, open white supremacists

Not sure if we should feel better or worse by this little bit of information.
Yes it's a limited pool. But damn, it's a deep and very wide one.

About Leslie?
What did he say?

He called her a Gorilla. Thinking he was funny, he straight went there. The gag carried on a little further after that. It's especially fucked up that he went there knowing that a shockingly large portion of his fan base (talking about the Facebook group) are some of the most easily threatened misogynistic young males he comes across. They emulate the shit out of bad behavior and all think they are funny.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The kids are doing it for the lols and she is giving them a platform. You think quoting some twitter account is going to teach the troll a lesson? It will only provoke the nameless morons even further. It's going ham with a toothpick against a beehive.

One of the main reasons Kimmel's Celebrities Read Mean Tweets segment continues to baffle me.

For too many, doing this shit is almost like a badge of honour. It doesn't help when those kind of segments encourage this kind of behavior.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
But, post-racism society.

Also, not that I'm in any place to tell her how to handle these little cunts, but they don't deserve to even be acknowledged by her. On the other hand I guess it helps to expose this side of the country that so many people seem to refuse to believe even exists.

One of the main reasons Kimmel's Celebrities Read Mean Tweets segment continues to baffle me.

For too many, doing this shit is almost like a badge of honour. It doesn't help when those kind of segments encourage this kind of behavior.

Probably because Kimmel specifically pulls out the more benign tweets.

If he ever does something with the racist, misogynistic and disgusting tweets that are sent to POC or female celebrities, then yeah.

Gattsu25

Banned
A bunch of the people she's image quoting are already being blocked by the gamergate-autoblocker. Shocking that there is a correlation between gamergate and racists.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Probably because Kimmel specifically pulls out the more benign tweets.

If he ever does something with the racist, misogynistic and disgusting tweets that are sent to POC or female celebrities, then yeah.

It doesn't matter. It still encourages the kind of mindset where people are actively trying to out-do each other when it comes to who can send the celebrity insult that's the most likely to go viral. That's an ugly tradition to encourage, regardless of whether racism or misogyny happens to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom