• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maybe we are all going crazy over the wrong thing...

kebaldo

The Xbox rumors/news going multiplatform created pure chaos and a "faction" feels defeated and we all feel like the "war" is ending after 20+ years... but is it really a bad thing? Leaving aside the Xbox and Sony extremists and all the trolling online.. at the end of the day what is really going to change: more people are going to enjoy great games, online games like Halo Infinite and SoT are going to have a boost of vitality and stop slowly dieing, new communities will born, the voice of the communities will be much stronger for the simple fact more people will be involved on the same games, ecc...
Xbox is not dieing its simply changing skin. The real problems for me are going to come out if Ms doesn't feel satisfied with the money generated after this move... everybody is ignoring the rumors speaking about ads rolling in the games... to me that's the real terrifying part. The idea of games transforming in something like a YouTube video with hundreds off ads in the middle is the scary part.
Microsoft opening to other consoles is not going to impact the games, Microsoft eating up other publishers and putting themselves in the position to be in need to generate new revenue (like Abk did) is going to change the games, that's a real reason to go crazy.

(Sorry for the funky english)

Camreezie

Yahoo Strategy GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's great for everyone. There's no denying it. People get more games more games get made with more robust sales.

It's all good. Ypu gotta be some serious weirdo for this stuff to actually affect you in a negative or even positive way.

Talking about being emotionally invested on both sides.

I get being happy about having more gqmes but let the "war" end.

Ads can fuck right off though. I'd rather pay a few quid more for 0 ads

Last edited:
Top Bottom