• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FFXIII screenshots and extended Jump Festa trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
this game must be a sick joke, there is nothing in there that I can call it good or promising or whatever :(

lolz at her sword.

looks like the taget audience are creepy Lightning admirers and no one else.

I just assumed that was the same audience as 13-2 was intended.

Erethian

The character design is ridiculously over-done, and doesn't seem like a real human in a world at all compared to the older FF's. Square needs to look at Ico or something to see how to do a simple character in an interesting environment. They have totally misconstrued what needs to be done on an HD console and are shooting themselves in the foot with this uncanny valley BS.

Honestly, Shadow of the Collossus is a better successor to Final Fantasy than the recent Final Fantasies. The things that excited people was the world, not the battle system and melodrama -_-

It's always been unclear to me how much the overly busy character designs were a result of HD consoles letting crappy character artists realise their bad ideas, and how much of it was driven by a transition in Japanese market tastes.

Esura

Banned
^ I think CJ would love for Lightning to be apart of his crew post-early Los Santos.

From what I hope/think she's more of you're mobile carrier if you are not near the district or out on the fields. I don't mind either.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Square fingers tho.

Something seems off about typical Skyrim models. Can't put my finger on it.

What if Chocolina was the Fat Chocobo?

There's probably "Awesome" Fan Art of this right now.

Sounds pretty delicious right there. :D

Oh don't get me wrong, I love them. Own them all. And its funny you mentioned Esty Dee because... WAIT, I just noticed something...

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

everything make sense now!!! lololol her personality, everything.

#dead

I'm not comparing them. Its just that Esura ruined her name for me. I can't believe I've never noticed before. lol

LOL how did you not get that after all this time!? :D

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure someone from NISA commented on it too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather have Crystal Bearers 2 than this, and I didn't care that much for the first one, but I thought it COULD be cool.

Esura

Banned
this game must be a sick joke, there is nothing in there that I can call it good or promising or whatever :(

lolz at her sword.

looks like the taget audience are creepy Lightning admirers and no one else.

Or people who just like to play great RPGs. Ever think about that buddy?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SE should stop bothering with FFXIII and just give me a new Valkyrie Profile.

LuuKyK

I challenge Skyrim Lightning with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Z-gmqB8Qc

lolololol

Amazing. The Resident Evil 4 one though.
okIAQ.gif

Esura

Banned
I would prefer a new Star Ocean down the line though. Poor voice acting and story aside I really liked Last Hope.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does anyone reuse/'remix' songs as much as Square? I don't think even Nintendo does.

I've heard KH's theme and 13's theme SO many times now.

LuuKyK

Does anyone reuse/'remix' songs as much as Square? I don't think even Nintendo does.

I've heard KH's theme and 13's theme SO many times now.

iSP8WlSjKaNmC.gif

Uhhhhh... its like a main theme. A staple to the series. Why wouldn't they be reused? And even so, the remixes are incredible.

Stark

Banned
Or people who just like to play great RPGs. Ever think about that buddy?

Unfortunately, probably didn't.

I would prefer a new Star Ocean down the line though. Poor voice acting and story aside I really liked Last Hope.

That browser game isn't related to SO, is it?

Also, Lightning seems to start sprinting around 1:04 mark in the middle slice when it cuts to 3.

Pooya

"the people, hopeless and full of despair, stand by hopelessly and watch the horror unfold in front of their eyes"

this game really is self aware.

demidar

"the people, hopeless and full of despair, stand by hopelessly and watch the horror unfold in front of their eyes"

this game really is self aware.

If that's how their saviour looks like, then despair is right.

I may be late, but Lightning's outfit is terrible. It's so busy and mismatched with no cohesiveness whatsoever. And what is with those pants? What a joke.

I do like the environment however, it looks more grounded in reality, maybe even a bridge to Versus.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The environment art for FF titles is usually very very good, but this look so uninspired and lazy by comparison.

The UI for battles looks atrocious.

720p screens

0025ojtk.jpg

0036kjw9.jpg

the 'FF13 project' has now shipped 9.7m in their new press release, it was 9.6m in August.

Nice bullshots. And I guess we know why this game is coming out. Square must have been able to flood stores with 13-2 to get that number that high unless there have been a crap ton of bomba price sales.

NBtoaster

Nice bullshots. And I guess we know why this game is coming out. Square must have been able to flood stores with 13-2 to get that number that high unless there have been a crap ton of bomba price sales.

Plenty of jaggies (and a ton of dithering), they seem realtime. Or only slightly touched up.

Ahasverus

Lightning model is impeccable but their lighting model is atrocious and shameful. And oh look at thos populated vibrant living breathing cities.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Looks low budget for a FF game.

If this is low budget I wonder how you consider XIII-2. At least this seems a completely new fleshed out game, and monsters aside, there's no so much reuse of assets compared to XIII-2 or other sequels in general.

Btw the new extended cut does a better job at showing what the game will be about, but the screenshots are where the beauty is. Game looks VERY promising already from this early build. Definitely impressed and looking forward to this.

I still can't believe this game is being made, I still can't believe they try to shove Lightning in our throats, and I still can't believe that I am still complaining about it !

I still hop that this would be a good game though, a fool's hope ...

CorvoSol

=24 haw haw.

Anyway, I guess that isn't so bad, all things considered, but I can't help but feel that XIII-2's sales are the more accurate reflection of the XIII project's popularity.

That said, I hope we can move on in the FNC after this. Let's cook out Versus and Type-1, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom