• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FFXIII screenshots and extended Jump Festa trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Just found this while searching for gifs:

tumblr_mfeekhOTsh1rei6xdo1_500.jpg

Would play multiple times.

This is the best thing I have seen come out of this game so far. Must find a bigger version.

Esura

Banned
This will never happen as all new FF games are always going to be divisive.

True.

No new Suikoden, no Classic Sonic spinoff series, no new Shadow Hearts, no western version of Bravely Default, no 20th anniversary FF5 game...

I would forget about them and try to look forward to something else. That's what I'm doing to Type 0, Fate/EXTRA CCC, and Senran Kagura Burst, forgetting about them.

Just found this while searching for gifs:

tumblr_mfeekhOTsh1rei6xdo1_500.jpg

Would play multiple times.

Same. That is uber sexy right there. The ultimate combination of two great franchises. SE and Ubisoft need to sit down and talk out some agreement on having this as an alt for Lightning in this game.

near

Gold Member
They're probably building this poorly to make it on par with Versus XIII. I understand now SE, you can't fool me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ah, so people truly do want a complete Assassin's Creed outfit for Lightning.

I would forget about them and try to look forward to something else. That's what I'm doing to Type 0, Fate/EXTRA CCC, and Senran Kagura Burst, forgetting about them.
Too bad that there isn't a lot to look forward to on my end, though part of that is due to cynicism or games that don't focus on stuff that I wish they'd focus on.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

I won't be surprised if we get a Mass Effect Lightning for FFXIII-4: Lightning's Final Final Journey.

Esura

Banned

Absolutely. Assassin's Creed is a fantastic series
haven't played AC3 yet

Too bad that there isn't a lot to look forward to on my end, though part of that is due to cynicism or games that don't focus on stuff that I wish they'd focus on.

Try playing games you never would of played before. It will open your eyes to some stuff you never thought you'd like.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's always darkest before the dawn Schala.

Now that Dikembe has saved the world the future should be brighter.
For friendshiiiiiiip...

Try playing games you never would of played before. It will open your eyes to some stuff you never thought you'd like.
I did when I played something that completely turned me off to the RPG genre for the better part of a year or so.

At least most of the platformers I've played this gen were cool.

I won't be surprised if we get a Mass Effect Lightning for FFXIII-4: Lightning's Final Final Journey.
But her default outfit reminds me of a ME outfit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Her current default one already looks like a cross between AssCreed and Mass Effect. I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama requested something along those lines since he thinks appealing to fans of that franchise is the best way to go.

Stuart444

You mean "Lightnings back: Final Fantasy Versus XIII" right? ;)

That's probably why Versus is taking so long, they need Light to be the star of Versus as well. Maybe they won't release Type 0 in the west until they find some place to shoehorn her into it as an extended/remix of Type 0?

Someone's going to kill me for that comment right? :( I'm sorry

DJIzana

You mean "Lightnings back: Final Fantasy Versus XIII" right? ;)

That's probably why Versus is taking so long, they need Light to be the star of Versus as well. Maybe they won't release Type 0 in the west until they find some place to shoehorn her into it as an extended/remix of Type 0?

Someone's going to kill me for that comment right? :( I'm sorry

Lightning and Versus XIII should NEVER be allowed in the same sentence. EVER! :p

Esura

Banned
Hey DJNoc, I bet you Wada will force Nomura to put Lightning in Versus XIII in some way, shape or form.

Her current default one already looks like a cross between AssCreed and Mass Effect. I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama requested something along those lines since he thinks appealing to fans of that franchise is the best way to go.

I guess he did something right as I am a fan of the AC series too.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We're not doing this. Really?

Because some of the fetishism is starting to get a little... weird. I think we're done here.

Esura

Banned
I wonder how do you get the other costumes in this game. Do you buy them from Chocolina? Do you get them from certain boss drops? Or do you get them during certain story segments? I'm curious.

LuuKyK

I wonder how do you get the other costumes in this game. Do you buy them from Chocolina? Do you get them from certain boss drops? Or do you get them during certain story segments? I'm curious.

You probably unlock them via Crystarium if I had to guess. But there will probably be the "special" ones to buy or to unlock via missions or something.

LuuKyK

Well I'm glad you like that in the Atelier games, because its all there is to them. :lol

But yeah, I just hope they never come back to that terrible upgrading system from XIII. Thats was SO bad, I can't even describe it. But since it was not in XIII-2 I have hope.

Stark

Banned

Probably buy the equipment from various shops.

Esura

Banned
Well I'm glad you like that in the Atelier games, because its all there is to them. :lol

But yeah, I just hope they never come back to that terrible upgrading system from XIII. Thats was SO bad, I can't even describe it. But since it was not in XIII-2 I have hope.

I mostly like the series for it's slice of life feel with the story and characters than it's gameplay. The name Esty Dee still cracks me up.

I agree, that upgrading stuff in XIII was pretty meh. I don't think I upgraded anything throughout my entire playthrough. I doubt they would do something like that for LR.

Probably buy the equipment from various shops.

From what I've seen in the trailers, Chocolina is going to be the various shops. I don't mind though, she is pretty goofy.

Takuan

I feel her outfit becomes pretty badass if you change the color of the cloth portions to black.

Game definitely looks mediocre as a whole. Don't know what's wrong with Square this gen, they've consistently underwhelmed on a technical level.

Looks better than her in-game FFXIII model, and that's a tad sad considering it's Skyrim.
Until you see her move.

LuuKyK

I mostly like the series for it's slice of life feel with the story and characters than it's gameplay. The name Esty Dee still cracks me up.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love them. Own them all. And its funny you mentioned Esty Dee because... WAIT, I just noticed something...

ibhOlSWkAuVpR5.gif

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

everything make sense now!!! lololol her personality, everything.

#dead

Stuart444

Oh don't get me wrong, I love them. Own them all. And its funny you mentioned Esty Dee because... WAIT, I just noticed something...

ibhOlSWkAuVpR5.gif

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You comparing Esty to her... poor Esty :( She was never that bad... right?

Pooya

this game must be a sick joke, there is nothing in there that I can call it good or promising or whatever :(

lolz at her sword.

looks like the taget audience are creepy Lightning admirers and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom