• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FFXIII screenshots and extended Jump Festa trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

Oh no you didn't!

*reads a few posts further*

KVhvk.png

Lightning's armpit has more dimension than her character.

Geez, I was just joking. I like Ms. Fleuret. :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If ANYONE in XIII deserves to be happy it's Noel. Fuck Lightning's happiness.
I certainly agree.

Esura said:
Noel probably tried to commit suicide or he is a bummy drifter after realizing what he did in FFXIII-2.
That is my assumption. And if that is the case, I would rather the game focus on his redemption, since that tale certainly sounds more interesting than this Smarch doomsday affair.

Oh, that. That is such a minor event that I didn't even remember it despite playing the game six times. :\
I'm starting to understand why you liked XIII.

Toriyama directing X-2 explains why I liked it less than X. I had better taste as an adolescent than I previously thought.

LuuKyK

I certainly agree.

That is my assumption. And if that is the case, I would rather the game focus on his redemption, since that tale certainly sounds more interesting than this Smarch doomsday affair.

SCHALA! This is why you always ends up disappointed! :|

I really appreciate the theme of FF10-2, which is showing how people learn to cope with a world that is no longer oppressed by Sin. It was a really neat direction to take, and one that isn't really explored very often in video games.

Yeah, it came off as extremely corny, but the game was just fun all around. Hot mess with some of the serious storylines, but a good atmosphere. FF13 series is just the epitome of everything I hate about the series. I could maybe stand it if Toriyama wasn't writing, but god....I think he might be my most hated developer in the business.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I certainly agree.

I really think the game would've benefited greatly if the MC was Noel since there was a lot of potential for him at the end of XIII-2. Why Lightning goes The Dark Knight Rises on this game is beyond me.

Stuart444

Noel redeeming himself by saving the world, and fixing everything? Yeah, I could get behind that.

Noels Redemption: Final Fantasy XIII

edit: Damnit, now I wish this was happening instead. :(

PK Gaming

I'm starting to understand why you liked XIII.

Toriyama directing X-2 explains why I liked it less than X. I had better taste as an adolescent than I previously thought.

Heh, I liked FFXIII too. I appreciate it more than its sequel, and a few mainline FF titles (FFVIII... lol)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Full shop, I'm pleased with the result:

Yae3G.jpg

Still the mini-capes should be a full mini-cape and the skirt should only have a split-seam in the front, but that would only help the design by a margin.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lightning cutscene shot comparisons from XIII, XIII-2, and LR.

Not sure if XIII is actual non-cgi cutscene or a zoomed-in gameplay shot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lightning cutscene shot comparisons from XIII, XIII-2, and LR.

Not sure if XIII is actual non-cgi cutscene or a zoomed-in gameplay shot.

Your XIII one is a pre-rendered high quality model. The gameplay one looked closer to XIII-2's.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
SCHALA! This is why you always ends up disappointed! :|
Mmm? Why?

I really think the game would've benefited greatly if the MC was Noel since there was a lot of potential for him at the end of XIII-2. Why Lightning goes The Dark Knight Rises on this game is beyond me.
You know exactly why.

Noel redeeming himself by saving the world, and fixing everything? Yeah, I could get behind that.

Noels Redemption: Final Fantasy XIII
FFXIII-2's ending truly felt like it was the beginning of his story to me, so that's the direction that I wanted FFXIII-3 to go into. He was the one who was left behind because he had a hand in what happened. If he were ostracized for his actions, it would have been an interesting return to that isolation that he felt in his time period, and trying to overcome that while dealing with the prejudice he has to face while trying to repair the damage he did.

Beth Cyra

Wait Toriyama directed X-2? That just makes it even more sad then.

He didn't however write it and that is a huge difference here.

Probably why we got way more emotion and character growth out of Shuyin and Lyne despite them being in the game for 15 minutes then we have Lightning in three games.

PK Gaming

Full shop, I'm pleased with the result:

Yae3G.jpg

Still the mini-capes should be a full mini-cape and the skirt should only have a split-seam in the front, but that would only help the design by a margin.

If they gave her pants and a shirt instead of armor she'd look sooo much better. That cap is the bees knees, its just a shame its wasted on such a crappy outfit :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mmm? Why?

You know exactly why.

FFXIII-2's ending truly felt like it was the beginning of his story to me, so that's the direction that I wanted FFXIII-3 to go into. He was the one who was left behind because he had a hand in what happened. If he were ostracized for his actions, it would have been an interesting return to that isolation that he felt in his time period, and trying to overcome that while dealing with the prejudice he has to face while trying to repair the damage he did.

We should write a Noel fanfic.

Stuart444

Yeah... while I reserve judgement on LR:FFXIII until I play it. I now wish it was about Noel instead. :( Damn, that disappoints me that it isn't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom