• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FFXIII screenshots and extended Jump Festa trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't let this slide... you can say whatever you want about FFXIII and FFX-2 but you can't say this...

The amazing Guy is not an asshole!
I'll let Jade slide since he is but in a good way :)
C'mon son. Everyone treats Luke like shit and what's worse is that even though he's clearly suffering from severe mental illness, nobody ever explains shit to him, so he screws up.

Everyone except Guy, I guess.

LuuKyK

This one?

Yeah, thats the one I saw...

Watch it frame by frame.

Okay, those are not pants, its a super short skirt. :p

Her face is so plain... it bothers me.

image.php

:p

C'mon son. Everyone treats Luke like shit and what's worse is that even though he's clearly suffering from severe mental illness, nobody ever explains shit to him, so he screws up.

Ion kills an entire village but Luke is used as a scapegoat.

Anise gets away with EVERY FUCKING THING AND NO ONE BITCHES ABOUT HER

BUT LUKE, YOU ARE AN AWFUL HUMAN BEING, YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF, NEVERMIND THAT NONE OF OUR GOALS ARE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU FFFFFF-

Styles

Maybe it's just me but Lightning seems to look a bit better than she did in XIII.

She does. At first glance the first thing that strikes me is how much the hair resembles her CG model. Given that she will be the only playable character in the game, more time was probably assigned to polishing her model, as oppose to the previous games.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ion kills an entire village but Luke is used as a scapegoat.

Anise gets away with EVERY FUCKING THING AND NO ONE BITCHES ABOUT HER

BUT LUKE, YOU ARE AN AWFUL HUMAN BEING, YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF, NEVERMIND THAT NONE OF OUR GOALS ARE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU FFFFFF-

In their defense, Luke's stupidity and naivety is what made it possible.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, that's a minor event. I loved the game though, very forward thinking gameplay mechanics. I even got 100% completion for the perfect ending. ~

jb1234

Well, it looks better at least but man, that writing... and that dialogue. There was a time when I could play a JRPG in front of my friends and not be embarrassed.

Like ten years ago.

Stuart444

Exactly!

Anyway, speculation for when this will release? I'm going for May... just because!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You guys complain about that shit... while I miss how fucking wacky FF could be.

Trying to get Tobli's ass into the elevator even though the controls are stupid as hell.

It's like FF5 on steroids when you get more jobs and fight harder bosses. You should give it another shot. It gets a little more serious as time goes on.

rVEC4.png

Maybe I'll try it later, when I'm done putting my guns on.

You guys complain about that shit... while I miss how fucking wacky FF could be.

There's wacky, and then there's stupid.

I guess I'm supposed to laugh instead of feel annoyed, but I gets no giggles Schala. :(

Esura

Banned

FFXIII really lacked that. Glad FFXIII-2 had. I hope LR has moments like in FFVI when Edgar jumps away from Terra using magic or the whole Gau stuff with his pops. Or the goofy stuff Laguna did in FFVIII.

kayos90

In terms of wacky, I want FF5 wacky.

I'll be sure to let you know in another thread somewhere since that's pretty much what I want out of this game narrative-wise.

If ANYONE in XIII deserves to be happy it's Noel. Fuck Lightning's happiness.

Stuart444

Stella has shown more emotional range in a single scene of the vaporware trailers for Versus than Lightning has in entire games.

I don't even remember the trailer that picture is from (though I agree with what you said although I like Lightning...)

I need to watch the Versus trailers again... then again. Doing that will just remind me that we're 2 - 3 years away from playing it :( Damnit SE.

kayos90

FF5 and FFIX I found to be the most humorous out of all the FF. They were a parody and a joke in and of itself though, lol.

fates

The scenery in some of those shots reminded me of Half-Life 2.

Regardless, Lightning really looks out of place there in her new attire.

Esura

Banned
Well let's hope things work out for him. I am very hopeful that things work out for him in the end. Keep the hope alive!

Noel probably tried to commit suicide or he is a bummy drifter after realizing what he did in FFXIII-2.

Hope is probably taking care of him since he is probably mentally unstable.

Despite how dumb FFX-2's story was, I would watch 100 of those concerts over 13 and 13-2's stories. At least back then, they were in on the joke and just screwing around. Toriyama actually thinks his putrid garbage is good writing.

Aeana

Despite how dumb FFX-2's story was, I would watch 100 of those concerts over 13 and 13-2's stories.

I really appreciate the theme of FF10-2, which is showing how people learn to cope with a world that is no longer oppressed by Sin. It was a really neat direction to take, and one that isn't really explored very often in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom